shape
carat
color
clarity

Green -red stone

S

Shiny Black Cat

Hello, bought as a loose stone. Colour change is distinctive, it's green in day light , in warm light it's brownish, red in led light, glows red in black light. I think l captured the colours. What do you think? IMG_20201213_124119.jpg IMG_20201213_124119.jpg IMG_20210617_100742.jpg IMG_20201109_151027.jpg IMG_20201011_173418.jpg IMG_20201213_123946.jpg IMG_20201011_173405.jpg IMG_20201213_125907.jpg IMG_20201213_124119.jpg IMG_20210617_100742.jpg

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
Very cool,what stone is it I like the cut.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
That is what I was thinking....or maybe lab color change sapphire?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe colour change Andesine?

W

westofhere

So now there are three accounts, about buying inexpensive used pieces/stones, wanting to know what they are, then usually arguing, when told, insisting the low quality stones are something valuable, all written with comma usage like this,and now even responding to each other. Just gonna sit back and grab some popcorn.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
So now there are three accounts, about buying inexpensive used pieces/stones, wanting to know what they are, then usually arguing, when told, insisting the low quality stones are something valuable, all written with comma usage like this,and now even responding to each other. Just gonna sit back and grab some popcorn.

Hmm...didn't catch that...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yuuuuuuup

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock

Now, now...only two of these accounts are obviously the same person. :lol-2:

W

westofhere

All three are buying poor quality rings in the belief their stones are magically not what they are and are valuable :(. All three seem to be spending large sums of money doing it, and have been suckered into buying equipment. I hope his or her family knows what they’re doing, and that they’re not spending money they don’t have :( :(

S

Shiny Black Cat

All three are buying poor quality rings in the belief their stones are magically not what they are and are valuable :(. All three seem to be spending large sums of money doing it, and have been suckered into buying equipment. I hope his or her family knows what they’re doing, and that they’re not spending money they don’t have :( :(

l really can't understand your frustration when it comes to loose, coloured stones, but this is not the right place to solve your problem. Spending money that don't belong to you is not your problem, family relationships neither. Maybe you should do something constructive- to broaden your knowledge regarding, coloured stones? Just an idea. l really don"t understand the part "spending money they don"t have" ? how is it possible? stay cool.

S

Shiny Black Cat

l really can't understand your frustration when it comes to loose, coloured stones, but this is not the right place to solve your problem. Spending money that don't belong to you is not your problem, family relationships neither. Maybe you should do something constructive- to broaden your knowledge regarding, coloured stones? Just an idea. l really don't understand the part "spending money they don't have" ? how is it possible? I don't know what are you talking about 3 accounts? Obviously, yours sources of information and your conclusions are invalid. I spent some time writing this replay, and that's enough. Stay cool.

W

westofhere

Creating multiple accounts is to ask the same questions over and over is trolling.

Fwiw, some help:

l really can't understand your frustration when it comes to loose (no comma) coloured stones, but this is not the right place to solve your problem. Spending money that don't (doesn’t) belong to you is not your problem, (nor are) family relationships. M(cap)aybe you should do something constructive [no hyphen] to broaden your knowledge regarding [no comma/] coloured stones. (Period, not question mark). Just an idea. l really don't understand the part (about) "spending money they don't have.” (period) H(cap)ow is it possible? I don't know what are you talking about— (em dash) 3 accounts? Obviously, your sources of information and your conclusions are invalid. I spent some time writing this replay (reply), and that's enough. Stay cool.

Good luck hawking those “raw garnets.”

S

Shiny Black Cat

Creating multiple accounts is to ask the same questions over and over is trolling.

Fwiw, some help:

l really can't understand your frustration when it comes to loose (no comma) coloured stones, but this is not the right place to solve your problem. Spending money that don't (doesn’t) belong to you is not your problem, (nor are) family relationships. M(cap)aybe you should do something constructive [no hyphen] to broaden your knowledge regarding [no comma/] coloured stones. (Period, not question mark). Just an idea. l really don't understand the part (about) "spending money they don't have.” (period) H(cap)ow is it possible? I don't know what are you talking about— (em dash) 3 accounts? Obviously, your sources of information and your conclusions are invalid. I spent some time writing this replay (reply), and that's enough. Stay cool.

Good luck hawking those “raw garnets.”

thanks, l learnt something new. ll l take your corrections into consideration. what is really important is that we understand what are we talking about.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I think there's som hoity toity wannabe gemologists,running around wanton like their time is money and their opinions supercede appraisals...kinda weird.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
I think there's som hoity toity wannabe gemologists,running around wanton like their time is money and their opinions supercede appraisals...kinda weird.

Like the pictures really show things like clarity,true color,and cut,not aimed towards the creator of this thread.I like the stone you showed,I like pale stones sometimes,and the cut is nice

S

Shiny Black Cat

Like the pictures really show things like clarity,true color,and cut,not aimed towards the creator of this thread.I like the stone you showed,I like pale stones sometimes,and the cut is nice

thanks, the stone is really unique. l haven"t seen something similar on net. l am learning about synthetics stones and would like to know what method was used to produce this colour change.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, there are a couple of colour change gems that change from greenish to reddish. Obviously the “big one” is Alexandrite but there is also colour change garnet.
Then we move into the lab grown material. There are different creations, some better (ie resembling Alexandrite) than others.
No one can judge accurately from a photo.
Depending on how much you paid and your inclination, you could send it to AGL and get a lab report.

Newb2U

Shiny_Rock
thanks, the stone is really unique. l haven"t seen something similar on net. l am learning about synthetics stones and would like to know what method was used to produce this colour change.
It looks sorta like aquamarine,I luVV aquamarine,gold and that blue is my dream ring,red and silver,gold and blue really get me,they'll change your very world view just at a glance

S

Shiny Black Cat

Hi, there are a couple of colour change gems that change from greenish to reddish. Obviously the “big one” is Alexandrite but there is also colour change garnet.
Then we move into the lab grown material. There are different creations, some better (ie resembling Alexandrite) than others.
No one can judge accurately from a photo.
Depending on how much you paid and your inclination, you could send it to AGL and get a lab report.

thanks, l was hoping that someone has something similar in collection.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Csarite / Zultanite / Diaspore - can be called any of those and your stone is very typical of it.

S

Shiny Black Cat

Csarite / Zultanite / Diaspore - can be called any of those and your stone is very typical of it.

thanks

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
l really can't understand your frustration when it comes to loose, coloured stones, but this is not the right place to solve your problem. Spending money that don't belong to you is not your problem, family relationships neither. Maybe you should do something constructive- to broaden your knowledge regarding, coloured stones? Just an idea. l really don"t understand the part "spending money they don"t have" ? how is it possible? stay cool.

When you come here and ask for opinions, that is what you get. Whether you agree or not, telling a seasoned member they need to educate themselves about colored gemstones just because they disagree with you is rude.

S

Shiny Black Cat

When you come here and ask for opinions, that is what you get. Whether you agree or not, telling a seasoned member they need to educate themselves about colored gemstones just because they disagree with you is rude.

l didn"t dispute his/her opinion on the stone,(imo it is beautiful and valuable) but his/her approach to my post and me. I don't know who is seasoned member, but it doesn"t mean he(she) is allowed to insult those who and new and know less. I don"t know who was rude in this story. I judge people by their behaviour, not by title, membership, position,carat weight, etc. I didn"t have intention to offend anyone, let"s say it was selfdefence. Btw garnets are beautiful stones .I do hope l will not be in situation like this any more and that this will be the end of this discussion. sorry about English grammar, l am doing my best.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Whether or not something is valuable in the traditional sense of the word tends to not be a matter of opinion. This is a lab-created stone (either alexandrite or sapphire). It is not uncommon or expensive. If you like it, that's great, but the resale value to a knowledgable consumer would be around $20.

S

Shiny Black Cat

Whether or not something is valuable in the traditional sense of the word tends to not be a matter of opinion. This is a lab-created stone (either alexandrite or sapphire). It is not uncommon or expensive. If you like it, that's great, but the resale value to a knowledgable consumer would be around $20.

thanks for your opinion. i would like to have more synthetics like this.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These hoity toity wannabe gemologists have years of buying and collecting under their belts and a wealth of knowledge. Perhaps before you start criticising others you should take time to educate yourself.

It looks sorta like aquamarine,I luVV aquamarine,gold and that blue is my dream ring,red and silver,gold and blue really get me,they'll change your very world view just at a glance

This is a really good example of somebody not understanding gemstones. The stone the OP posted is about as far removed from an aquamarine you can get. You also posted a specs garnet when somebody was looking for a wine coloured stone. I can’t help feeling you’re trying to cause a bit of a commotion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results