shape
carat
color
clarity

Green grey diamond in rose gold LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you''re all so sick of looking at my green grey diamond, but I need to know if it looks better in the rose gold one vs the white gold one.

Here''s the mount itself (my yellow champagne sitting in there). There''s additional diamonds that you don''t see from the top shots as much, but they''re bigger. My 3mm pink diamonds are reserved for the side stones. This setting is very heavy (I would guess around 6 grams). I won it on auction with VS diamonds. I louped the diamonds, and while they''re nicer than the LOGR SI''s, I think they''re really SI and not true VS, but they''re very sparkley and beautiful.

roselogr.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is 14K rose gold by the way. Here's another shot without any diamonds in it but from the side so you could see the additional diamond work. A 3mm pink will go in the side hole (unless anyone can think of anything different to put in there?).

additionaldiamondsinlogr.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far ...I love it!!
30.gif
Looking forward to more pics!!!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You stole that setting! Seriously, what a great price ...and the diamonds do look sparkly. I like how they "martini" set the last stone...!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here''s a bad picture of the green with the pinks. Sorry guys but I can''t get the pinks to sit nicely in there, although I know they fit the setting.

greenandpinks (2).jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another blurry shot of the green all lonely in there. It definitely takes on more of a green and darker cast in this setting than the white gold one.

greenalllonely.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another one where the diamond looks fuzzy due to my fingerprints all over it trying to get it to sit up straight. But the color is really neat in this picture. Unlike the first two pics, this was taken in incandescent lighting.

greeninroselogr.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you got a photo of it in the white gold setting to compare it to - think I remember seeing one but not 100% sure.

Have you tried it with yellow gold also?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOH... I LOVE IT in the RG!! Gorgeous!!>> and it will definately be a piece that no other has~!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is for all you UV lovers out there (if there is such a thing???).

forallyouUVlovers.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is with the white gold legacyesque LOGR just for comparison sake (I know everyone has seen this WAY too many times).

greengraylegacy2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2008 4:30:31 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
You stole that setting! Seriously, what a great price ...and the diamonds do look sparkly. I like how they 'martini' set the last stone...!!
You like martini's? How about some champagne. Here it is with my cheapo $250 .92 point yellow champagne. There's a feather in the stone, but it completely disappears to the naked eye in this setting. It also looks more yellow in the setting than it does in this pic.

I also have a .75 pointer salmon colored stone I need to try in here, but the setting is probably too big.

withcheapochampagne.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which combo do you like best?

The rose gold is a real contrast with the grey/green. Will it be easy to wear?

The diamond looks classy in the white gold but in your picture there''s no contrast. Probably easier to wear though?

Difficult choice!

Do you have a pic of the grey/green in a yellow gold setting or isn''t that an option?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 4:43:12 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Here it is with the white gold legacyesque LOGR just for comparison sake (I know everyone has seen this WAY too many times).
While I like rose gold, this particular stone, for me, looks better with the greater contrast of the white gold setting.

I can''t tell you why, but I like rose gold in sleek classic lines for any colored stone; but the more ornate settings need ''white'' diamonds to please me. But go with what makes you happiest when you look at the ''finished'' ring. That''s the right choice for you.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I like the rose gold the best, and I think the white gold, while it does look very elegant in that setting, tends to wash out the stone's color, and I'm all about color. I think more of the green sticks out in the rose gold, but the color of the diamond is not everyone's thing. I thought about the idea of the rose gold contrast when looking at this picture. This pretty much sums up what the two colors look like together, except I'm not using pink stones surrounding the main diamonds, but white instead.

692_di_image_36d40.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then you must go with what you like best especially if it''s all about colour for you. I''ve got to say though that the yellow gold bezel against the green diamond you just posted a pic of looks yummy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, please don''t stop giving me opinions. You all might save me from the wrong opinion.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Well, since you ask...

I don't like the pink and green combo - basically because of the reddish element in pink. I think it clashes. Best in my view would be yellow or green gold, or white/platinum as a second. Yellow (or green, which is really greenish-yellow) will give a yellow cast to the stone, so you need to test whether you like it.

And no, we are not sick of looking at any green diamonds - ever. Which perhaps makes us "sick" in another sense, but never mind.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2008 5:22:28 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
Well, since you ask...

I don''t like the pink and green combo - basically because of the reddish element in pink. I think it clashes. Best in my view would be yellow or green gold, or white/platinum as a second. Yellow (or green, which is really greenish-yellow) will give a yellow cast to the stone, so you need to test whether you like it.
Thanks for the honest opinion, I like that!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a green diamond in rose gold. Do you think this clashes??? I think for some people it may. I think it's pretty, but the stones in the setting are also pink.

i59442.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . and just in case I don't go with the green gray in there, I can set my salmon colored diamond in there. Well I've managed to put everything in this setting besides the Brooklyn Bridge.
emsmilep.gif

salmonpinklogr.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does sit kind of low in there though (the salmon colored diamond) - what do you think?

salmonsittingdown.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to get my two 20 pointer pinks in there and here they are all sitting together. The diamond looks so dark because of the camera shadow. It is not this dark.

sittingwithpinks.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one of the pinks with the salmon diamond

sittingwithpinks2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have an empty yellow gold mount, but here it is in a yellow finish stone holder. I personally think this makes the stone look least attractive out of all the other options. It definitely looks greenest in the rose gold, but it looks much more yellow in the white gold. It looks more grey in yellow. Go figure?!

greeninyellow.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Yes - in the first rose gold !!! Yes, yes, yes. It brings out the green a little. I think the color looks more flat and more grey in the white setting. How did you get the idea for the rose gold? Great idea. Oh, colors that "clash" can be very fashionable and in.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of designers are now pairing up green diamonds with rose gold it seems. I even saw one on the DBL website and David (the owner) said he loved green diamonds with rose gold. It's different, that's for sure. I wish you guys could see it in person. The pink diamonds paired with the green center stone looks so colorful. But I still would like more opinions.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
My vote is still rose gold-great contrast that also brings a warmth to the stone!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think that the rose gold setting overpowers the gorgeous green/grey and you lose it''s beauty in a setting that''s overly busy. I also don''t like the colourway but that really is all just a personal opinion and I''m not the one who has to wear it!!!! For me, the white gold option you''ve shown looks classy and you see more of the green/grey. The green/grey takes central stage in that setting and your eye is drawn to that rather than the setting. I suspect that no matter what colour the green/grey looks, it''ll look good in the white gold.

At the end of the day, you''re the one who has to wear and love it and honestly you should go with what YOU love (and I suspect that''s probably the rose gold
2.gif
) I''m sure whatever you option you chose you''ll have many happy hours looking at it!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I love the green/gray and pink!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results