shape
carat
color
clarity

GREAT NEWS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mistake....for whatever reason I thought she noted ZALES as the shop again, esp when the post said they were having the same setting made. Honest mistake and I hold to all my words....if they WERE shopping at Zales again....that'd be cause for serious dismay.

Fiesty indeed! Hurt my arm kickboxing and it's really damn sore!! Where's that chocolate!
naughty.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Quick question, Kathio......is one of your "desired elements" that the stone has to be at the 1.25 mark?

I ask because there are two vendors through here who are hugely reputable, and I found stones that are 1.09 and 1.10 ct in the $3800 range. Both look to be FANTASTIC stones, but if you're set on the 1.25 mark, then they wouldn't fit the bill.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/20/2003 2:35:30 PM spicolicpa wrote:

..I can not even begin to tell you how many people said to me (My boss, my brother, my co-workers, my friends....)this is really not a purchase you should make on the internet. Thank god I ignored them.

----------------

What was their reasoning? What do they think now?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Kathio~

Fancie cuts-pears, princess, emeralds, etc., must be evaluated individually. There are general guidelines. But a diamond may match the guidelines and be a dud. A diamond may miss the mark a bit in areas and be a great performer.

You are going to get the biggest bang for your buck by Net shopping. There are some great Vendors here who will eye ball the diamonds for you and give you Fire Scope/Brilliance Scope/Ideal Scope reports so you will know in advance if the diamond is a good performer.

Maybe Al will post the info on the 2 noted above so you can scope out the Vendors websites. Don't get stuck on Carat weight. That's what it is. A weight. Not a size as you have already seen with the poor performer small 1.25 carat from Zales. Either of the 2 Al listed will probably look bigger than the diamond you just returned and be much more sparkly!
1.gif

DANHIER

Rough_Rock
ZALE USE LOWER QUALITY STONES THAN INDEPENDANT STORES BECAUSE OF THEIR CLIENTELE THAT IS MORE PRICE COUNSIOUS BUT I CAN GUARANTY YOU THAT YOU'LL GET A BETTER DEAL FROM THEM THAN BUYING FROM AN INDEPENDANT STORE FOR THE SAME MERCHANDISE AND YOU'LL HAVE LESS CHANCES OF GETTING RIPPED OFF. THERE IS A HUGE BUYING ORGANISATION BEHIND THE SALES PERSONS THAT YOU MEET IN THE STORES WITH ALMOST ONE BILLION DOLLARS OF BUYING POWER. I CAN ALSO TELL YOU THAT EVERY STONE IS GRADED AND CHECKED BEFORE AND AFTER THEY ARE SHIPPED FROM THEIR VENDORS.
THE JEWELRY INDUSTRY LIKE ANY INDUSTRIES HAS BAD APPLES BUT A MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE YOU'LL MEET ARE GOOD AND HONEST PEOPLE AND YOU CAN ALSO TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE PRICES ARE VERY CONTROLLED.
CHRISTOPHE

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 2/21/2004 9:52:18 PM DANHIER wrote:

ZALE USE LOWER QUALITY STONES THAN INDEPENDANT STORES BECAUSE OF THEIR CLIENTELE THAT IS MORE PRICE COUNSIOUS BUT I CAN GUARANTY YOU THAT YOU'LL GET A BETTER DEAL FROM THEM THAN BUYING FROM AN INDEPENDANT STORE FOR THE SAME MERCHANDISE AND YOU'LL HAVE LESS CHANCES OF GETTING RIPPED OFF. THERE IS A HUGE BUYING ORGANISATION BEHIND THE SALES PERSONS THAT YOU MEET IN THE STORES WITH ALMOST ONE BILLION DOLLARS OF BUYING POWER. I CAN ALSO TELL YOU THAT EVERY STONE IS GRADED AND CHECKED BEFORE AND AFTER THEY ARE SHIPPED FROM THEIR VENDORS.
THE JEWELRY INDUSTRY LIKE ANY INDUSTRIES HAS BAD APPLES BUT A MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE YOU'LL MEET ARE GOOD AND HONEST PEOPLE AND YOU CAN ALSO TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE PRICES ARE VERY CONTROLLED.
CHRISTOPHE----------------

Are you smoking the rock?
How exactly do you plan on making a "guaranty" for this to me? Have you been to Zales and seen their stones and compared the same quality?

Here's an example from their website:

1 1/4 ct. diamond solitaire (which according to their website could be as low as 1.2 cts)
H-I Color
SI2
No cut information given
9,999.00(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ahem. Example from pricescope:

1.25 ct
H Color
SI2
Decent cut
add in a verrryyy nice plat. setting and we're still at around 5500.00

or this:
1.22 ct
H color
SI2 clarity
H&A cut

How again is it that Zales will afford you "less chances of getting ripped off?"

Christophe, you don't happen to work for Zales, do you??? Say it ain't so!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results