shape
carat
color
clarity

Great IDJ upgrade but Im regretting it...

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd use one of the studs to make a new pendant- because that has some room to go up in size and still stay in proportion to your e-ring. Then I'd buy another diamond the size of your current pendant (.45 ct) to make studs. Return the earring you don't use in that scenario. The difference between the stud diamond you currently have but would return, and the matching .45 ct diamond you'd switch it for, would more than cover the re-settings.

You'd end up with 1.1ct e-ring, .9ct pendant, .9ctw studs. Beautiful balance and classy!

And I just KNOW this will warm @diamondseeker2006's soul - because she is the queen of proportions for this kind of thing!
lol whoops we had the same idea!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
118B2420-F3E2-40F4-BE1E-A972011705C6.jpeg Buy these backs on amazon. Cures the droops. ;)2

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would keep this size earrings, but remove the necklace. Just the studs.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have the droop problem too. People would always say, "Oh no, your earring is going to fall out!" but it was in there securely. I got a bunch of stickers called Bling Dots and they solved the problem.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
748DA4E5-1CF0-4120-B8F0-D7394E0F8ACE.png

I thought of you yesterday when I saw this commercial for ancestry.com! Kelly Ripa has some serious studs that overlap her earlobe. I think they look great. :love:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Honestly you can definitely pull off this sized ear hardware and still make it an everyday wear. I do understand your problem with the droop but that has nothing to do with size, backing even may not help. I have the same and I think it is not the piercing but the way the ears and earlobes are shaped. In my case I have tiny, almost nonexistent attached earlobes and my left ear is very tightly folded to my head :bigsmile::confused: making every earring turn to the side, my right ear seems a bit more "normal". However, due to the my teeny earlobes I cannot really pull off large studs and small ones look awful on me. The larger they get the more they droop from the left ear. Dangles are better for me for this reason as well as because of my very long neck but on the left ear, they will turn to the side. I guess there is nothing you can do about genetics and just enjoy your bling anyhow! That is what I do. In your case this size works awesome, I wish I could pull them off in studs!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so jealous of your ears. 6mm is max for me. :lol-2:

Those are great on your ears!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
They look good, you could upgrade the pendant too.

Miss Confused

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice! I've really thought long and hard on this and ultimately I just cant get comfortable with this size. For me personally and considering the jewelry in my proximity the 1.81tcw ones go over the line of big into too big

I have returned the earrings to Yekutiel who is as always amazing and is going to find me a smaller pair more in-line with what I originally wanted

Will post them of course once I have the new ones

Thank you!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great. Now you know. Yekutiel will fins you the perfect pair. Please come back and share when you have them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results