shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Grandmother''s E-ring + Homer Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - thanks so much and I really do treasure it!

Coati - Thank you! I had the stone set at my local jeweler, who also said the stone was stunning. He had never heard of Richard Homer before and was quite impressed with his work.

Lori - I appreciate your kind words! When I wear it, I do enjoy the ring. Even when I do not wear it, I am happy knowing I have something special from my great grandmother.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I agree with everyone that the aqua really makes the ring stand out more. You're so lucky to have such a treasure from your great-grandmother
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
That looks awesome! I like the look of the lighter stone too.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
DiaDiva - Yes, I am very fortunate to have something like this from my great grandmother. I also have her original wedding band, but it is empty and I have not figured out what to do with it. Will have to post pictures of it one day to get some ideas. My great grandmother was married multiple times (she lived longer than her 4 husbands), so I have other settings from her as well. However, her other settings are not nearly as ornate as her 1st (they are all empty, which is a shame because they are all platinum).

NeverEndingUpgrade - Thanks! After staring at such a dark stone, I knew something brighter would be better. I am just glad I was able to get an aqua that did not look washed out, like so many out there.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s absolutely gorgeous with the aqua! I love it!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren!
35.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 4:36:45 PM
Author: omieluv
DiaDiva - Yes, I am very fortunate to have something like this from my great grandmother. I also have her original wedding band, but it is empty and I have not figured out what to do with it. Will have to post pictures of it one day to get some ideas. My great grandmother was married multiple times (she lived longer than her 4 husbands), so I have other settings from her as well. However, her other settings are not nearly as ornate as her 1st (they are all empty, which is a shame because they are all platinum).

NeverEndingUpgrade - Thanks! After staring at such a dark stone, I knew something brighter would be better. I am just glad I was able to get an aqua that did not look washed out, like so many out there.
I agree. I just tried on a Tiffany Legacy with an aquamarine, and I could not believe how rich the blue color was. Now I know I want one like yours!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 5:11:08 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade

Date: 8/2/2008 4:36:45 PM
I agree. I just tried on a Tiffany Legacy with an aquamarine, and I could not believe how rich the blue color was. Now I know I want one like yours!
Awh! I hope you find what you are looking for through Tiffany! If not, try going through Wink. He can probably create a setting inspired by the Legacy and then he can work with RH to find you a suitable aqua (RH is skilled in multiple cutting styles, not just concave), just a thought. In case you missed it, here is a link to a Legacy inspired setting that Wink just did: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wifes-10-anniversary-present.91639/ - he has excellent customer service & I am sure he would do the best he can to make you happy.

Of course, the Tiffany Legacy itself is
30.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, and a pretty extravagant treat!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 10:06:04 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Yes, and a pretty extravagant treat!
It would be, but if you can find one with an aqua you like, it would be so worth it!!
30.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Omieluv:

I would like to compliment you on the box that this ring came in: I saw it over in the other thread and thought it was beautifully unusual! Is it the original box from your Grandmother, or, did your jeweler find one that looked kind of *antiquey*?

LS

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, that''s gorgeous! enjoy!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
LostSapphire - I do like the box as well! Unfortunately, I do not have the original box the ring came in, so the box came directly from the jeweler who set the stone. From what I understand, the box design is based on the original design the owner of the jeweler used when he opened his shop many years ago. The setting was not originally purchased from this store however.

Asscherhalo_lover - thank you!
35.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I just love Aquamarines...and that setting is beautiful.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much UCLABelle!
35.gif
Lately, I have been looking at antique styles for a potential e-ring and I have yet to come across a setting quite like this one.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 1:34:31 PM
LostSapphire - I do like the box as well! Unfortunately, I do not have the original box the ring came in, so the box came directly from the jeweler who set the stone. From what I understand, the box design is based on the original design the owner of the jeweler used when he opened his shop many years ago. The setting was not originally purchased from this store however.
What an amazing story! It is still so very special!

LS

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 8:23:09 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 8/6/2008 1:34:31 PM
What an amazing story! It is still so very special!

LS
I plan to keep the box, as I would like for this ring to become an heirloom in the future. The jewelry store has been handed down in the family and though small, the store has friendly people working there and always glad to help. Their knowledge of gem stones does not seem to go nearly as deep as other vendors on this site, which is why I did not go through them for my aqua. However, they have a decent bench person who does solid work, so I trusted him to set the stone. They did source diamonds for this setting and they seem to be clear and bright.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results