shape
carat
color
clarity

GREAT Gold Old Gold Experience/Visit!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I just wanted to post another great review of our experience buying an engagement ring from Gold Old Gold - and more specifically, our recent visit!!

My boyfriend and I starting diamond shopping a few months ago, first at local jewelry stores. I happened to come across Pricescope and being young and budget-conscious we quickly realized an online vendor was the way to go. When I realized Gold Old Gold was within driving distance (about 2 hours) we decided to purchase from them, based both on the glowing feedback from this forum and the opporunity to actually visit the store and see the diamonds in person.
On Saturday, we took the trip out to Long Island, NY and met with Jonathan. We had made an appointment a few weeks in advance and cannot praise Gold Old Gold enough on their expertise and professionalism. I had contacted them a few times to just reconfirm/reserve a stone and my e-mails were always answered very quickly and phone conversations were very pleasant. Once we go there, the excellent experience continued. The store was busy, but all of the sales associates were extremely friendly and the store was definitely bustling in a pleasant way. Our visit was very comprehensive and it was really cool to see the stones in person and learn a little more about cut/clarity/color, etc - being first time diamond purchasers! Jonathan explained and demonstrated the basics of cut using all of his "toys" and we also got to compare the two diamonds we were considering to an eighternity, solasfera, and star 129 - which were fun to see in person. He is so genuinely enthusiastic about diamonds, it really made us feel confident about our purchase. We were very impressed by Jonathan and I am SOO excited to have decided on a diamond - yay! I highly recommend Gold Old Gold. My boyfriend put a deposit down on our diamond (.91 H&A J, SI1) and we are having it set in the Solasfera solitaire. Now comes the hardest part - waiting for the proposal
12.gif

Thanks to everyone on Pricescope for posting previous reviews of their experiences with this outstanding vendor. I will make sure to give an update after I get my ring!!!
Until then - THANKS AGAIN TO JONATHAN at Gold Old Gold and everyone here for sharing their diamond expertise!!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats little miss!! Can''t wait to see your ring!

If you don''t mind, could you give us your thoughts on the Eighternity, Solasfera, and Star 129? There are people who occasionally ask about them, but most of us haven''t seen them to be able to say much. I''m interested as well! So a quick review would be helpful in searches.
1.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

There is always a good time to be had at GOG. Especially when you spend time with diamonds and Jonathon. He is such a great resource of information and patience.

Can''t wait to see your happy hand photos
36.gif

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
litte miss:

Congrats!!! I''ve referred a friend to GOG based on the comments of folks here. I''m certain he''ll have a great experience as well.

Best wishes to you!

-J

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Little Miss!!! I can''t wait to see your ring!!

Finally back with some ring pictures!!

The proposal was on my 24th birthday - March 31st.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Here are the pictures from GOG... I do not have any halfway decent hand pictures yet. I am the worst photographer!! Going to ask FI (yay!!) to help me get some good ones this weekend!! Thank you to everyone at PS for the hundreds of useful threads I read over the past few months! Thank you to GOG as well - I *LOVE* my ring, the whole experience was absolutely perfect.
36.gif

lmsring1.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! And I love that setting-it looks very delicate. Congratulations!

dfm00

Rough_Rock
That''s my kind of road trip! Congrats on the ring, it looks beautiful.

Dave

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous and congrats! You should show it off in Show Me the Ring
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results