shape
carat
color
clarity

GrandPearl Akoya necklace 7-7.5 - finally!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GeliL Thank you for sharing so many photos!!

The Granpearl is really beautiful. The Takahashi has two advantages, I think: It’s a much shorter strand and every pearl was hand-chosen (like, that was possible to do because of the length), and it’s also a multicolour and lighter-bodied pearls can never look as contrasty as darker-bodied pearls of the same quality. Both are glorious strands!! It looks like the Granpearl and the light-bodied individuals in the Takahashi hold their own against each other. :love:

It’s my understanding that the Supearl standard has shifted slightly the past several years. It used to be slightly more forgiving of minor deviations like pearl mismatch, now it tolerates no imperfection at all. General Pearl explained that strands that earned Supearl in 2012 wouldn’t now… So stricter standards combined with lack of akoya availability to begin with… I don’t know if the Granpearl designation has shifted similarly? Finger in the wind I would assume not, the Granpearl grade serves a different purpose from Supearl. For sure - I am very very confident you’ve got a heck of a strand at an utterly enviable price :bigsmile: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my first post. A year ago I decided I wanted to buy a strand of pearls. I started researching pearls. I discovered I like the white color of south sea pearls. I like 10 mm - 11 mm size. I love the pearls where you can see your reflection clearly. This equals a high cost due to what I love in quality and low or zero blemishes. The least expensive I saw was 5,000 to 8,000 dollars on a couple of websites. Which brings me to my point. Last week I saw a strand of 10 -11 mm south sea pearls on a resale site. They had a black round tag on them that read Granpearl. The seller said they are new, and come in a green box. Not sure if really new, but unworn. I bought them after researching what Granpearl means. The pearls are white, round, very high luster with a sharp image reflecting back of the camera, no blemishes in sight on any of the dozen posted photos. After researching on this site here, I think the person may not have understood what they had. The pearls are in transit to me as I type this. I will have the pearls appraised as soon as I receive them. Are there jewelry appraisers who specialize in pearls? I live in usa.

You probably want to start your own thread, we can help you more there :))

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful Granpearl strand and amazing purchase!!! Great pictures/comparison to that Takahashi as well.

Thank you for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results