shape
carat
color
clarity

grandma''s antique ring/my wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
after trying for some time to figure out what to do wedding band-wise for my oddly-shaped e-ring, then settling on wearing them on separate hands, i got hung up on looking for a no-stone band, and after looking at a million different styles, began scouring the internet for an antique orange blossom band in a white metal with a milgrain edge. in fact, i found the exact thing on ebay in platinum and lost!

2 days after i lost the ebay auction, i was cleaning up in the house and, while going through a cosmetic bag filled with mostly junk "jewelry" from my teen years (think multi colored beads and candy machine aluminum rings), guess what tumbled out?

a white gold, orange blossom patterned ring with a milgrain. in my size.

i realize my brain must have filed it away at some point and i forgot i had it, so i guessed it must have belonged to my grandma, but the 18k stamp on it almost confirmed that (i never spent that much on myself in my teen years) and a photo sent to mom and a phone call totally confirmed it.

it's definitely worn down, and it needs a cleaning like you can't imagine (hard to tell it's even WG!) but i love that it's what I had in mind (although my brain created that from the memory) and, it's even more special that it was my grandma's. it wasn't her w-band, but i still think it's cool. one of these days i'll probably still get a curved or custom band to wear with my e-ring sometimes, but i'll be getting married with grandma's ring.

anyway, here it is, and i'll definitely post some more pics once it's gotten a cleaning and a rhodium dip.

grandmas band.JPG

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! I love the antique and antique styled engraved bands!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story!!! Not to mention a gorgeous ring!!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
perfect!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
That''s fantastic! I love orange blossom rings and have been scouring the internet myself for one (I have big fingers) for a while.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful, it was meant to be. :)

I can''t wait to see a hand shot, with your ring. Any excuse to see another picture of your beautiful sapphire ring.

31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
what a great stroke of luck! it''s a lovely band and it''s so great that it''s your grandmother''s ring!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool! Can''t wait to see it once it''s all polished up & on your hand!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its wonderful how you found it after so long!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story, and such a wonderful surprise! It really is a pretty band!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful buried treasure!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a totally awesome thing to find! How great for you! I''m still in LOVE with your ering btw!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grandma is looking out for you! Its a lovely ring!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love it, how perfect
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

krockie

Shiny_Rock
How cool is that!! Its really pretty. I can''t wait to see pictures when its cleaned up. Can you show a pic of that ring with your ering?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, I love the pattern! How wonderful a once forgotten ring is going to get a special new life. I can''t wait to see what it looks like once it''s cleaned up, I bet it''s going to look fab!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
The band looks beautiful - what a cool story
1.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a sweet story - i can''t wait to see more pictures of the ring!!!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
sorry for the long wait everyone! here it is, back from the jeweler, all clean and with a fresh coat of rhodium

wbandcloseup.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
unfortunately all the lighting in our house is by lamps, so it still looks a yellowish in these pics.

hangin'' with my matching BK bands and e-ring

wbanderingbks.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
last one, handshot with my e-ring - though i won''t wear them this way unless i end up getting my ring raised up so the band doesn''t eat the gallery. if i DO do that, it won''t be any time soon.

so i think the moral of the story is to only want things you forgot you had. and then find them
3.gif

wbandandering.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 7:17:32 PM
Author: frenchblue
unfortunately all the lighting in our house is by lamps, so it still looks a yellowish in these pics.

hangin'' with my matching BK bands and e-ring
SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
30.gif

Lori

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful story and a beautiful band, congrats!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! I love all of them!
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! That''s such a cool story!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love that it was your grandmas ring
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results