shape
carat
color
clarity

Grace is home :) *Pics!*

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

We went to pick up Grace tonight and I'm pleased as can be with the final result. For those who know her story, I won't go into it all again, but for those who do not, I'll post some previous links if you want to learn about this spinel, the amazing man who re-cut it, the ring designer and finally a jeweler who I also highly recommend and plan to work on future projects with for a long time to come. :D

Thank you for all the education, support, shoulder lending, encouragement and sharing your own stories/pictures. I couldn't have done this without the amazing people here. This process took much longer than I ever thought it would but I'm thankful for all the bumps and learning along the way. They'll be more projects now that I sort of know what I'm doing! :D

1. Grace's story - from ebay to Jerry by way of TL

2. Jerry Newman - what a cut! :love:

3. First designer - second set of drawings

4. Didn't go with above designer.... They said what I wanted couldn't be done, but I'm wearing it... so.... yeah. :?:

5. New designer - My hubby to be!

6. And finally, some pictures! :mrgreen:

Lee Krombholz vendor.jpg

cs1.jpg

ps2.jpg

ps3.jpg

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
I have lots more photos but I don't want to post too many, here are a couple more though =)

**edit** added the last one, although blurry, it does show a bit of the micro-hammering detail on the shank. I love that I'll have no fingerprints there. *pheww

ps7.jpg

ps8.jpg

ps9.jpg

ps10.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Glad you finally have it done :appl:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty and very unique! Congratulations! I can see why you love it.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! And, um...There's no such thing as "too many pictures"!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring, beautiful stone, beautiful story! All the steps you took make this ring so personalized and special! :))

I second the request for more pictures :D

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really do admire your ring! its substantial and clearly one of a kind. my kind of ring! shows your stone well and will remain timeless. good work!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate you taking time to have a look at her and giving your thoughts.
I think I'm still on a cloud right now and almost didn't remember how much I love looking at everyone else's pictures. I think you're right, there aren't ever too many if you really love something :)

I'm going to upload something Jesse made for his design portfolio, it's dear to my heart and I wanted to share it with you guys too. I hope you can read the text. :???:

And I'll post more pictures, hopefully in sunlight!

__Concept_to_Cast_Clean.png

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like it came out just as you wanted. Congrats.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely to see a project all the way through. Congratulations on such a unique and remarkable piece. :))

T

talamasca

Oh my :love: :love: :love: Grace is just gorgeous and I'm so pleased the end result is exactly what you wanted :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's finally done; substantial but not chunky, which isn't easy to accomplish!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's always worth the wait and to be patient, and you get such a lovely result. Congratulations, it's beautiful!!!

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Wow - the stone is absolutely beautiful, but the setting is just perfection. I absolutely love it.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww I'm so happy for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
It looks beautiful! They were able to capture the details of your Fi's design. So unique and it looks great on your finger.

SueW

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous, and sure to become a treasured family heirloom. :)) Congrats!

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
I just had to drop in to say that I absolutely LOVE this ring... :love: It's completely unique, romantic and gothic, feminine and yet substantial... just WOW! Congratulations on your engagement and the completion of this project. I'm sure it was well worth the wait!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! From conception to completion and it looks so true to the original design. I don't know what I like more, the finished ring, or the great summary that Jesse put together for his portfolio...If you think about it, its really an amazing feat to design and have it rendered so well.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
To everyone who took time to post here. Thank you! Your thoughts mean a lot to us =)

We're actually out of town, visiting Graceland lol so, my apologies for being late. Only almost wrecked once looking at my ring, so I think I'll be fine from here on out.

Have more pictures to upload at some point, too. A little more artsy :)
Take care all!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That turned out amazing!! You must be so excited!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved reading about the purchase and recut. The ring is stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring you have!!! BEautiful! and I love the info sheet - such nice history and explanations!

Enjoy the beautiful new ering - and congratulations! (How is Nashville? Dying to go there one day!!!)

kt

Shiny_Rock
How'd i miss this?? It is simply gorgeous but even more so with all the heart and thought that went into it. I love that it's so unique and individual...congratulations - for the ring and the engagement!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- that is fabulous!! I lived the write up about it as well :)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Coco914|1330618433|3138323 said:
I just had to drop in to say that I absolutely LOVE this ring... :love: It's completely unique, romantic and gothic, feminine and yet substantial... just WOW! Congratulations on your engagement and the completion of this project. I'm sure it was well worth the wait!

Yes, I 100% agree with Coco's description of your ring. Beautiful ring! Wonderful story! Congratulations!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Re: Grace is home :) *Pics!* (and more pics!)

Athenaworth- I'm still amazed and not even settled into her yet. But that's the fun part!

LisaRN- Thanks! I've picked up stories in digging through threads, just decided to lump it all here. :) and thank you for the kudos on Grace, I'm so happy with her :D

Enerchi- Nashville was a BLAST. We were in Memphis for a few days which is where Graceland is, and had a great time- took about 2000 pictures (My Grace included) then on the way back hit Nashville for a night and we will definitely be going back. Make sure you go, it's worth it!!

Kt and Amy's - Thank you!! I'm itching to do a new project now. :twisted: (but the band isn't done yet, so there is that!)

Lula- I couldn't be happier with Coco's take on my ring, it is EXACTLY what we were hoping. It's hard to know how it translates to others, and while it doesn't really matter, it's fun to see that the design comes across with the intentions we'd hoped for. :D

And now- because I can't resist- more pictures! =)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
and a couple more *blush*

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really cool, reminds me of something out of "Lord of the Rings." Really beautiful.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
briolette|1332286957|3153153 said:
What a beautiful and unique ring!

Thank you so much <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results