shape
carat
color
clarity

Gotta get a new dress...more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, everyone! So, I know I already bought a dress, but then my mom came and visited and told me that she doesn''t like it (she doesn''t like ruching/draping). Even disregarding my disappointment, I just can''t get over that...I need my mom to think I look beautiful on my wedding day! So, I have put my dress up for sale and I''m looking for a new one. I already have a lot of interest in the other dress, so I''m not worried about selling it. So, here are some ones I''m considering now...and I''d love to get your opinions!

First one, by Priscilla of Boston:

POBKVS.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And, next one, by Carolina Herrera (though I would get it in white, of course):

CarolinaHerreraInternet.JPG

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
can you post the dress you have as well??? :D

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, and this one is "Liberty" by Melissa Sweet:

MelissaSweetLibertyInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And this one is "Gemma" by Melissa Sweet:

MelissaSweetGemmaInternet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:20:45 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
can you post the dress you have as well??? :D

But what if some people say they like it better? I don''t know if I can handle that...I need my mom to like my wedding dress!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear you have to go shopping again, but I totally understand your feelings about wanting your mother to be pleased. Of the three you posted I like #2 the best. #1 is a bit heavy looking on the bottom. Not really feeling #3. JMO

ETA: I didn't see #4 the first time around. I like that one! But I think #2 is still my favorite on you. (edited again!) Missed the Reem! I think that one is fabulous on you!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
One by Reem Acra: (my mom''s favorite, though it doesn''t have the trumpet-style skirt I like)

ReemAcra.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
This one is by Ulla Maija, but they wouldn''t let me take pics...it looked great on though!

UllaMaijaLyra.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And this one by Reem Acra, that I couldn''t take a pic of either...

ReemAcraTrumpet.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
And, last one, by Romona Keveza...

Romona Keveza Handkerchief Hem.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... of the ones you posted I like the first one the best, but I'm not sure the whole "flare at the knees" thing really does it fore me. It's not my dress though, it's YOUR dress, so feel free to ignore me, LOL.

I do have a real concern about the lacy stuff sticking out above the top of the second one. I'm not sure how much time you spent in the dress but depending on how stiff that is (it's so hard to tell from a photos) it might bug the insides of your arms a bit over the course of several hours. (Just my 2 cents.)

EDIT: You've been very busy putting pics up while I was typing! My answer has changed -- #5 is my favorite one now.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the pic overload everyone! As you can tell, I''m totally torn. I still would like a trumpet skirt, or a dropped waist. And I want it to flatter the butt and have a low back. But I am so confused at this point! I''m not even sure what I like anymore!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Which of the several you posted (that you couldn't take pictures of) was your favorite on? Also, what is the "feel" of your wedding? Are you having it outdoors, or in a ballroom? I need some details!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Okay I am responding again, looks like you finished posting pics. Like Dee*Jay I was typing while you were posting.

Now I like the 2nd Reem Accra dress you posted! But since we don''t have pics of you in that dress, I like the Melissa Sweet and the 1st Reem.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:30:54 PM
Author: EBree
Which of the several you posted (that you couldn''t take pictures of) was your favorite on? Also, what is the ''feel'' of your wedding? Are you having it outdoors, or in a ballroom? I need some details!

It''s going to be on the tented rooftop of a downtown hotel. It''s a formal hotel, but the terrace is more casual, though I''ll be dressing it up...we want a formal feel.

Hmmm...out of the ones I couldn''t take pics of, I like them all for different reasons. The Reem Acra was VERY elegant...beautiful details, and I liked the bodice...but the skirt didn''t flare as much as I would like. The Ulla Maija had a great low back and I loved the interesting neckline...but once again, not as much of a flare as I would like. The Romona was very classic feeling, but with a twist...it might be the first one I X out, because it was heavier...

Thanks for the input, everyone!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I''m really sorry that you are re-doing the search! I am in mine now...and I can only imagine what this must feel like...

my 2cents:

I love the last one #5
and I also like the lines of the "Gemma" (melissa sweet) Although lace is tricky...it can look amazing, but it can also look dull. (in-person is the only way to tell)

Even though you may not agree with me, it''s your wedding dress, and YOU have to love it; no matter what mom says.

I found one I ABSOLUTELY.LOVE. but my Mom''s kinda trying to talk me out of it...we''ll see what happens ;-)

GL in your search!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i liked the Carolina Herrera until you posted the SECOND reem acra - SWOON!!
30.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Carolina Herrera- her work is always impeccable!

Also I commend you for not going w/ the typical A-line/ballgown dress. I wore an Amsale w/ a trumpet skirt in our wedding in May and I loved that it was so unique- now that style is becoming more popular, but it''s still makes a dress stand out from the masses of ivory strapless A-line gowns!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Rooftop terrace, eh? Sounds beautiful!

My two favorites are the two Melissa Sweet gowns. They're both gorgeous. I went to look at her website to get a feel for the lace on the Gemma but there weren't any detail pics (btw, the dress looks a ton better on you than on the model and it isn't even fitted to you yet!).

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:40:39 PM
Author: EBree
Rooftop terrace, eh? Sounds beautiful!

My two favorites are the two Melissa Sweet gowns. They''re both gorgeous. I went to look at her website to get a feel for the lace on the Gemma but there weren''t any detail pics (btw, the dress looks a ton better on you than on the model and it isn''t even fitted to you yet!).

Here''s the lace up close....kinda a different kind of lace...yeah, the dress looks awful on the model...

MSGemmaLaceUpClose.JPG

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the Vera Wang dress on you, but I understand your situation and I know your mom's opinion means everything (it would for me too). I know you didn't like the eyelets on the Vera Wang dress that I loved, but you should honestly consider trying it on - it was gorgeous and was the mermaid/trumpet style you prefer (which is what I was looking for too).

But, if I had to choose out of the ones you listed I personally like the Carolina Herrera, the Liberty and the 2nd Reem Acra.

They're all beautiful and very similar. It seems like your mom's taste is a bit different than yours is, so keep in mind that as much as you want her to love you in your dress, you have to love it too!
5.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
That''s quite pretty! Is it a heavy lace?

You really do look great in those dresses!!! Imagine once it''s fit to your body?? Amazing!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like your mom''s pick. The Rema Acra is very sooth and becoming on. Looks very sophistocated and glamorous. I also am not nuts about the up-side-down-feather-duster look, although I really like the back of Gemma (but the neckline seems awfully low). I think the trumpet-style is a new style that looks very high-fashion. So it depends on what you envision ourself looking like. You have a great figure so anything you pick will look good as long as it is fitted to your shape.

Good luck.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Well, I personally like the 1st Reem Acra...it''s definitely unique both in shape and bead detail. Not your typical A-line! I know you''re pretty smitten with the trumpet look so feel free to disregard my opinion...but I''m actually not crazy about how you look in a trumpet gown. I think the flowy lines of the 1st Reem give you a subtle elegance that the trumpet dresses do not. But, this is YOUR dress so pick whatever feels right for you!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:44:20 PM
Author: FacetFire

Here's the lace up close....kinda a different kind of lace...yeah, the dress looks awful on the model...

It is quite different than what I was expecting, but I like it! Is it a formal enough lace for you?

I went back and looked at the dresses you'd tried on previously. Any second thoughts on the Christos?
31.gif
I know it might not be in the running anymore, but it's still my favorite on you.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 4:21:00 PM
Author: FacetFire
Okay, and this one is ''Liberty'' by Melissa Sweet:
I don''t like this one on you because of the band across the hips. I feel it draws the attention there instead of your face.

The Gemma is lovely on you....but it is definitely the "sexy" bride look. The 1st Reem dress is lovely, but I don''t like that you can see shadows of your derriere. Maybe it''s just the size but they are smiling at me and I would be mortified if my wedding pictures came back with those.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I think that the Melissa Sweet ones are my favorite, but I''m having a really hard time choosing.

Ummm.... where exactly did you put your dress up for sale?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t like how the lace in that one seems to have a strong horizontal orientation. In a trumpet style dress I don''t like a lot of horizontal lines "cutting" through the long line.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t like any of the ''mermaid'' style dresses. The only one I really thought was gorgeous was the first Reem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results