shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the stone! Setting advice....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K+D=4

Rough_Rock
I promise promise this will be the LAST setting question! haha!!

Fiance purchased a 3.01 Old Euro stone, J, Si1 and she is BEAUTIFUL!!! (I am very happy with the SI1 - the few inclusions are hidden and not visible under my eagle eye scrutiny! lol) It has a thin to medium girdle with a very very slight chip and I have been advised by an estate jeweler to shy away from the full bezel settings to prevent further damage and rather have it set with prongs. I always thought that doing a full bezel would protect the diamond from harm and ultimately be a safe bet for our old stone?

We are waffling on the Etinne Perret full bezel for now until we can save up for a Single Stone or Leon creation. Should we wait? Or see if Etinne could add prongs on his setting? Or go ahead and set our stone in a full bezel and not worry??

I figured all of you old cut gurus can help advise!

Thanks much, I promise in advance to post many many pics when she is all finished!!
30.gif

K+D=4

Rough_Rock
**Mods, maybe you can move this over to Rocky Talky, I think I should have posted this there!**

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results