shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring...now waiting on Telluride, CO!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
This is the first hand shot we ever took...about 10 minutes after she finally could hold still!!

img_0876s.jpg

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
And another later that evening with her hand in mine...

img_0899s.jpg

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
And a picture of the both of us on the gondola on the way to dinner at Allred''s later that evening...I''m posting this one so she can''t get too upset with me posting a picture of just her!!
2.gif

img_0935s.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations. That proposal story sounds sooo romantic. The ring is gorgeous of course and looks amazing on her hand. Yay for you. Best wishes to you both!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

ETA: How cute are you 2?? Just adorable!!!
9.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
While she was upset that she didn''t have time to get a manicure, I had to explain that the people on Pricescope have NO patience and we need to get hand pics to the forum before they come out with their pitch forks and torches!!
31.gif

img_0940s.jpg

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
One last close-up shot...

img_0941s.jpg

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
mj I would just like to say that your future wife to be is very beautiful and the two of you make a wonderful couple and congrats on the beginning of a terrific life together!
face6.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
And finally, Bridal Veil Falls...

Bridal Veil Falls_s.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
holy crap you take beautiful pictures!! that last close up is AMAZING
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
!!

i LOVE the ring!! and of course the diamond!

you too look so happy!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats..the ring looks gorgeous on her and you guys are such a cute couple. thanks for remember to take hand shots for us
1.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful proposal -- and ring! You are an adorable couple; congrats to you both!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
I sooo love that last close-up!! Spectacular!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful....ring, location, girl, couple. Thank you for sharing a part of your special time.

shay

caligal

Shiny_Rock
YAY! Oh I''m so pleased it went well! And may I second you two make a fabulous pair and the ring is.... GORGEOUS! Congrats and blessings to you both!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful proposal in the most perfect setting possible! You guys make a really cute couple and that ring is just incredibly beautiful!!! Congratulations and thanks for coming back to post again after you proposed.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks HUGE on her hand! So beautiful! Congratulations on your successful proposal!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful story! You guys really make a stunning couple. The ring is beautiful - I wish you many years of happiness!

You''re not finished with us yet - we want to know all about the wedding as well!
30.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring and a wonderful proposal!! I''m glad you decided to go the romantic way with the breathtaking scenery instead of scaring her...
28.gif

Congrats and best wishes!!!
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats.
36.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif

Beautiful story
emrose.gif
, beautiful ring
emrose.gif
, and you both are beautiful together
emlove.gif
!

Here is wishing you and your lovely bride to be much happiness!
emrainbow.gif
emhot.gif
emrainbow.gif

Best wishes!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I followed your story and just wanted to say congratulations and what a romantic proposal! and of course a lovely ring!
31.gif

will you be getting a matching wedding band? i love the rounds and princess mix!

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 7:40:58 PM
Author: PunchNPie75
I followed your story and just wanted to say congratulations and what a romantic proposal! and of course a lovely ring!
31.gif

will you be getting a matching wedding band? i love the rounds and princess mix!
PunchNPie75, to follow up on your question (I know...it''s been a while since I''ve been back to post), yes, we will be ordering the matching band with diamonds half way around, the same as the E ring. However, there''s some "issues" in doing so. As you can see from a couple of the pictures, the head which holds the center stone protrudes out a bit from the shoulders and the shank. Therefore, the wedding band, in order for it to sit flush to the engagement ring, must be specially made. I have an idea in mind as to how Tacori is going to do it, however, I''ll be VERY (to say the least) interested to see the final product! It will be interesting to see how Tacori will design the matching wedding band to "curve" around the head of the center stone, especially since it is designed with princess cut stones. Anyway, we''ll have to hold our breath to find out.

On that note, Tacori told us that they would need the engagement ring in-hand for up to FOUR weeks while custom designing the wedding band!! Hind sight is 20/20, but I wish I had had Tacori design/make the wedding band at the same time that I ordered the E ring. Ohhhhh, if only money grew on trees!!!
20.gif
The hardest part with this whole process will be having my fiancee have to part with her E ring for that long. Has anyone else had any experience with Tacori needing the E ring to make a matching wedding band? If so, can you please share your experience for me?

Thanks so much, in advance.
MJ

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
What a handsome couple you are!
The rings looks fabulous and enormous - I'm pretty partial to this style.
2.gif

Tell your fiance she doesn't need a manicure, her hands and nails are beautiful.
Congratulations on your engagement!

Hehe* Pscopers with pitch forks and torches! Exactly! hehehe.

Scintillating...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys make such a gorgeous couple and the ring looks GORGEOUS on her - I just love the setting, the stone, all of it!! Congrats on your engagement!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats, lost my post! I just said I'd order the regular band. I would want a band I could wear alone, not a notched or curved band. Those rings are gorgeous as they are, and I wouldn't give up that e-ring for 4 weeks. I would not care about them sitting flush a bit.

PS: that is one of my favorite rings on PriceScope!

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I love your fiance''s ring. Please post pics once you get the wedding band. I would love to see how it turns out. I love the Tacori styling, it has a modern, yet art-deco-ish look to it.

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, I''m finally back with updates and questions!

So, to begin, my fiancee had to give up her ring for four weeks while Tacori custom made (what she thought) was going to be the ONE matching wedding band.
28.gif
And while it seemed like a bit of an eternity for her, I''m sure, it actually flew by. Well, they finally arrived today and I headed over to the jeweler to check them out.

Let me preface the next paragraph by stating that my fiancee LOVES the rings, but I''m still on the fence a bit only because they were not done as I had envisioned with my mind''s eye. In the end, though, it doesn''t matter because she''s happy...and that''s all that really matters!
36.gif

I had the best intentions of being sneaky and ordering a second wedding band (while Tacori already had the E ring and was making the first) without my fiancee''s knowledge so that I could give to her for a one year wedding anniversary, and was successful. Unfortunately, however, I had to ruin the surprise of the second band today to ensure that she loved the ''final'' product and did not want to make any modifications. My concern was the way the band "wraps" around the head and center stone of the E ring. In my opinion (like it matters), it is just a bit too much and takes away from the center stone. When you look at the three rings together from the top angle, it gives the RB center stone the ''appearance'' of an oval...again, just my opinion. I, personally, really like the appearance of the RB stone being the "center of attention". Had I to do it all over again, I would make the part that wraps around the head of the E ring be flush (in terms of height) with the shoulder and I would also make it so it was more flush (from a profile perspective) as well. I''d like some of your opinions here as to what you think of the set together...just give it to me, I can take it.

Remember, though, that in the end my Fi LOVES it and she was thrilled with the surprise (although she knows she''s not going to have the other band for another year and 4 months)!!
30.gif

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
This is a side profile of the three rings together...

IMG_1136s.JPG

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
This is a view of the three rings together from her perspective looking down at her own hand...

IMG_1137s.JPG

mj4fsu

Rough_Rock
This is the top-down (directly overhead) view that I think gives the center stone an ''oval'' appearance. It''s actually starting to grow on me, it''s just not what I had originally envisioned in my mind.

IMG_1142s.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results