shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my stone matched to GIA report for free

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

polaar

Rough_Rock
Two months ago I bought a 1.05 from Blue Nile... I wanted to make sure that the report matched the diamond. Went to a local reputable appraiser, he looked it over with a loupe, scope, calipers. Then he said "what can I do for you?" I told him I just wanted to match the diamond to the report to be sure it was the same. "Well, I just did that - this is the diamond in the report." I asked him how much I owed him. "No charge." I had already ascertained the fair price thru PriceScope (got it for less) and didn't need a appraisal. No, he didn't remove the diamond from the setting, but I didn't want him to. Was this unusually good professionalism, or it is common for cert/report matching to be gratis? Maybe I should send a thank-you letter?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Although you might find that treatment from many professional jewelers, it still was nice of him.

I think he would enjoy a thank you note immensely. It might not be a bad idea to enclose your business card and offer to return the favor sometime down the road.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results