shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my lan.bo4 setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I recieved my pear shaped double halo pear setting from seller lan.bo4 on ebay, and I have to say I am really pleased. The diamonds are white and evenly set and they do sparkle, though they are small (which actually just makes what could have been a very chunky setting delicate) there's not too much metal running about and the polish/finish is very good. The decorative swirls in the undergallery aren't perfectly symmetrical, but that was evident from the pics. Overall for the price, the service and style... I'm very happy.

I don't have pics of the setting, just the vendor pic right now. And I will be taking it to the jeweler to make sure it's gold, the diamonds are real and to get my citrine set into it. The citrine does look browner in the setting than I was hoping, but it's still very lovely and a lovely compliment to the setting. Honestly, I think this setting would be fabulous for a pendant, by just removing the shank.

I will post more pics once I get it set. I am surprised by how much I like it. It's easily the same quality of any setting for gemstone jewelry I've seen at Bailey Banks and Biddle and at a 1/3 of the price.

I would definitely buy from the seller again for fun inexpensive settings for colored gemstone RHRs . His communication was excellent as well.

IRL it's much more delicate than in this pics. I had serious buyers remorse after winning it because I was afraid it would be just way too clunky for me. It's big, but nicely done.

khasdfhai.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice in the vendor shot. Looking forward to pics.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I also found his settings to be delicate. I was disappointed in the chunk of metal but all else looked good.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vendor''s picture looks very impressive.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, the setting looks beautiful, and I''m very interested in hearing what your jeweler has to say about it. Make sure you get them to check for loose stones while you''re there; I''ve been doing that with anything I get through outside vendors like ebay and gem shows. Are the edges milgrained? It looks like it might be in some places, but the edges look smooth in others, so I''m curious. All in all, a very nice setting that doesn''t look cheap and thin - it actually looks like there''s a fair amount of gold in that ring. Can''t wait to see your pics, too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The vendor's picture is really accurate actually. The setting is large and impressive when you open the box. But the first thing I noticed was the even white pave and the fact that even though the pave has a metal edge around it, it's a very slim edge. There is no milgrain but around the pave stones, under magnification, the polish isn't perfectly smooth on the metal, just mostly smooth, but the slight imperfection is only visible at 6 inch viewing distance. I like that there is no milgrain, it really works for the setting.

I will have the jeweler check it over with a good loupe and much care, and I will check it myself as well when I am there.

Do you wear Pears with the point toward your elbow, or toward your finger nails?
emembarrassed.gif

I am wondering if I'd perfer it as a pendant though-- I'm not used to quite this much finger coverage LOL.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the dimensions for the stone it will take?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My stone is 10.5 by 7.5. The setting I bid on was for an 8 x 11-- but he did ask me my stones dimensions, so I don't know if he made any modification.

In his store now there is a listing for the same setting but to fit a 10.5 by 7.5 stone. So I don't know if he modified it at all. When I place my stone in it it seems like it's going to be a perfect fit. He's got matching earrings now though for this setting. And they are gorgeous. Expensive but gorgeous.

I wouldn't put citrine's in the earrings though. Tsavorites maybe. Something vivid and just amazing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WooHoo! No information on what size stones these take though.

l1281dlfdsn.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so... EXTREMELY wonderful pic for my cell phone... but for PS utter crap, I admit. Still, it might tide folks over till I can find my camera and get the stone set.

0521092300skfdhas.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 2:05:05 AM
Author: Gypsy
Okay so... EXTREMELY wonderful pic for my cell phone... but for PS utter crap, I admit. Still, it might tide folks over till I can find my camera and get the stone set.
WOW...I can''t wait to see the finished beauty on your pretty hand!!!
36.gif

Lori

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The earrings setting are beautiful. I also love your ring setting. If I have a pear stone ring I''ll wear it with the pointy end pointing towards my elbow.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Those are very nice. More pictures, if you don''t mind, please????

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 1:13:49 AM
WooHoo! No information on what size stones these take though.
Wow - those are some kinda earrings!! The auction says they take 7mm rounds and 10x15mm pears. They''ve also got those earrings in blue topaz. And Gypsy, I''d love to see closeups of your setting with the citrine in it!

lanbo4 earrings.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your cellphone pic is very pretty from what I can see. I need a pear shaped setting, and I was looking at the LOGR that is identical to that, but it didn''t have the exact dimensions. That''s why I was asking the dimensions. How large in carat weight is the stone?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Very nice Gypsy. I can''t wait to see your citrine in it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Loriken, I''m going to take it to the jeweler early afternoon so we''ll see how it checks out.

Loving gems, thank you! I wasn''t 100% sure which way to wear it. The earrings are lovely, though I''d have the diamond connector replaced with a plain gold loop.

Mochi, I promise, just as soon as I find my camera (it''s in our storage unit somewhere) today.

Cellentani... those are some large earrings. 10 x 15 pears. WOW. They''d be great for bridal jewelry though.

TL-- my citrine is 2.72 carats.

Love in Bloom... we''ll see how it goes today. I put it on this morning and it''s feeling comically huge on me, costumey. I''m not used to such large peices. While I do love the price, and the details of the setting, and how it''s executed I''m just not certain that it''s ''me''... he has a much simpler setting for a round gemstone, that I''m thinking I might ask him to trade for. We''ll see. I don''t want to keep something that I don''t wear. Though i would wear it in the evenings and when I dress up.

It sparkles beautifully in the daytime. I do really like it on the one hand. But I don''t know if I like it for ''me.''

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,
Did you upgrade the diamonds?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did TL. The listing says G VS, but I didn''t want to take chances. I gave him a best offer of 200 for the setting, including shipping, which he accepted. And I upgraded the diamonds for another $60. I didn''t upgrade the gold because for white gold, I am fine with 14K.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 12:46:58 AM
The vendor''s picture is really accurate actually. The setting is large and impressive when you open the box. But the first thing I noticed was the even white pave and the fact that even though the pave has a metal edge around it, it''s a very slim edge. There is no milgrain but around the pave stones, under magnification, the polish isn''t perfectly smooth on the metal, just mostly smooth, but the slight imperfection is only visible at 6 inch viewing distance. I like that there is no milgrain, it really works for the setting.

I will have the jeweler check it over with a good loupe and much care, and I will check it myself as well when I am there.

Do you wear Pears with the point toward your elbow, or toward your finger nails?
emembarrassed.gif

I am wondering if I''d perfer it as a pendant though-- I''m not used to quite this much finger coverage LOL.
I have heard that you wear the point toward your heart (elbow) if you''re taken and away if you''re looking.

Gorgeous setting! Can''t wait to see more pics!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that setting looks beautiful and your pear looks amazing in it. can''t wait for the finish product
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 11:44:01 AM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 5/22/2009 12:46:58 AM
The vendor''s picture is really accurate actually. The setting is large and impressive when you open the box. But the first thing I noticed was the even white pave and the fact that even though the pave has a metal edge around it, it''s a very slim edge. There is no milgrain but around the pave stones, under magnification, the polish isn''t perfectly smooth on the metal, just mostly smooth, but the slight imperfection is only visible at 6 inch viewing distance. I like that there is no milgrain, it really works for the setting.

emembarrassed.gif

I am wondering if I''d perfer it as a pendant though-- I''m not used to quite this much finger coverage LOL.
I have heard that you wear the point toward your heart (elbow) if you''re taken and away if you''re looking.

Gorgeous setting! Can''t wait to see more pics!
I''ve heard this too, but I always wear the point towards my fingernails - it just looks weirdly "upside-down" to me the other way. But I would wear it however you want. I just asked DH, and he has no idea what the directionality of the pear means, so I''m not sure if too many people (or maybe just guys) know about that. And Gypsy, did you try the setting on your middle finger? Sometimes I''ll wear a bigger ring on that finger if I feel it''s too big for my ring finger.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 11:03:40 AM

Love in Bloom... we'll see how it goes today. I put it on this morning and it's feeling comically huge on me, costumey. I'm not used to such large peices. While I do love the price, and the details of the setting, and how it's executed I'm just not certain that it's 'me'... he has a much simpler setting for a round gemstone, that I'm thinking I might ask him to trade for. We'll see. I don't want to keep something that I don't wear. Though i would wear it in the evenings and when I dress up.

It sparkles beautifully in the daytime. I do really like it on the one hand. But I don't know if I like it for 'me.'
Uh oh. I dunno Gypsy, I might keep that setting especially since it fits your stone nicely. I have a LOGR ring that's not particularly "me" but the switch on certain days is nice. The quality is meh, but the price was especially nice. I'll let you in on a secret... I ordered a round setting from this lan.bo4 guy (or one of is million aliases....) and he pulled a bait n' switch on me. I was beyond disgusted as this was NOT an innocent mistake, it was replacing the advertised item with one that had less diamond and gold weight and didn't even fit my stone to boot. It cost me $40 to send back to China, he did not refund my shipping, and the proceeded to harass me for weeks about leaving honest feedback. I hope all goes well for you... Good luck, and please keep us updated if you decide to trade or return your setting!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you got a really good deal. I like it but I know what you mean about being used to less "finger coverage."

Caint wait to see photos once you find your camera!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cellentani, it does look much better on my middle finger!! I like it there.

LIB... definitely something to keep in mind! Okay well, off to the jewelers in an hour and we''ll see what they have to say. Now that I''ve seen it on my middle finger though... I''m more inclined to keep it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I took it to my jeweler and it is 14K, and diamonds, and the diamonds are all clean and white. The construction is good, and the pave is good. It''s not a setting for everyday wear, but he said that it is worth much more than I paid. Overall, I''m pleased. Their bench jeweler was out (long weekend) so they will have it for me next week, and I''ll take pics then.

Lan confirmed that he had the setting made for the 10.5 x 7.5 measurements I gave him and my jeweler today told me that it''s a little bit big for the stone so there may be a tiny bit of the metal inner ring visible once set, but that it was a good fit otherwise.

FYI, my jeweler hates 3 prong settings for pears, especially if they don''t have a chevron for the tip, so if anyone gets this setting... you may want to ask lan for addtional prongs. I am only going to wear it as a cocktail ring occassionally, so I should be fine with it.

I am keeping it.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy- Thanks for the review. Sounds like you got a lovely ring for the price. Can''t wait to see the stone set
36.gif

lan.bo4

Rough_Rock
Hello Ladies
I am the ebay seller lan.bo4 ,i am apppreciate that gypsy posted my ring on this forum.
She showed me the link so i can register account and say something.Our Company empolder
New styles everyweek,Please feel free to watch our store,we will find more popular settings
I hope you will love it and enjoy our service,we are accomplished in Custom Design too.
Sorry to brusque.

lan.bo4

Rough_Rock
Love in Bloom
I am sorry that if i made not a good with business with you,
Could you please tell me your ebay user ID or the item number which you purchased
from me,I will check it out,If it is my fault and made something wrong with the setting
I am also will check it out weather did i refund your shipping back yet,If not i will do
it right now.Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results