shape
carat
color
clarity

My Madeira Citrine RHR in Lan.Bo4 ebay setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say I am very happy with this. I bought the stone at a gem show super inexpensively. I had all the little boxes out in front of me and I was driving the seller crazy talking about zoning and extinction and windows all for a CITRINE! But I got what I wanted and knew, once I got it home that I had to find a nice home for me.

The Colored stone ladies, and a good return policy made be brave enough to venture to ebay for the setting and admittedly it was 5 am and I was stress shopping, so the setting I bid on was not my usual taste. But at 5 am all I wanted was affordable and the right size for my stone.

I have to say I got a bargain and am very happy with the results. It is DEFINITELY a cocktail ring for evening wear (thought I wore it to the grocery store today...lol) and I DO now want a matching pendant (the seller has a matching pendant) so I will be scouring the local gem shows to fine another citrine.

The prongs aren't perfect. And I will probably have the jeweler tweak them a little, but for now... HERE it is.

I love the pics we got because the show the (enormous) scale of the ring, and the different moods/colors of the lovely citrine.

Here's the first. Burnt Orange in indirect sunlight.

DSCN1631gyp.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second with my engagement ring so you can see scale. My Engagement ring is an F VS and so are the melee. So you can see the ebay melee are very white... and the pave work, while fragile (not an everyday ring) is nicely even.

The Citrine looks Dark Reddish Orange here.

ETA: Oh and the melee in my halo are 1 pointers. So that gives you an idea of how big the melee in the Lan.bo setting are.

DSCN1624gyp.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the last pic... sorry I forgot to take some of the setting from different views. If I ever find my camera (this one was grandpa's) I will get more pics of my peices up, I promise.

My Jeweler said my citrine was 'quite a beautiful stone' and that the setting was good quality and that I got much more than I paid for. And again, I agree. I wanted a madiera citrine set I saw at BBB last year and I about had a heart attack from the sticker shock. So... I'm very pleased with this. Now we need to go out to dinner somewhere FUN so I can show it off!

And the color of the citrine is kinda glowy here fading dusk daylight. It goes dark indoors, a red/orange/brown which I like as well.

DSCN1622gyp.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful!!!! love it and love the color, swooooon!!!
30.gif
30.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Great googly moogly!!!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Gypsy, I''m loving how it all turned out! Looks lovely on your hand!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay Gypsy - it''s gorgeous!! I really like the "burnt orange", and the color is much richer than your typical cheapo citrine. BTW, did you get it at an Intergem show? I drive the sellers nuts too, except that I usually end up not buying anything. I think it turned out really well, and heck, don''t save it for the rare big-night-on-the-town. I''d wear it to the grocery store too!

I don''t think I''d ever seen your ER - it''s stunning!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty Gypsy!!!!! Go find that camera!!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
thats a yummy ring

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It''s really nice, and the citrine is like a pear shaped toffee.
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lori

Adah

Shiny_Rock
YUM!! Such a rich colour, mazel tov!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it''s lovely!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
That really is a beautiful color....I love ORANGE! The setting is stunning too! Congrats.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOGR makes this same style, and you''ve convinced me to get it for my pear spessartite. He quoted me a custom price already. Your ring is beautiful, and the white gold really makes the citrine pop in that setting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful "bargain"! Love it gypsy, the halo really sets it off.
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That''s gorgeous!!! I love the color of that stone!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Amazing ring!! The colour is just beautiful!!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully, Gypsy! What a steal. Pear stones make such great halos.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
pretty! You deserve a fun ring!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow Gypsy, what a beautiful ring!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out really Gorgeous! I''m glad the setting worked!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh...that''s YUMMY. Now we DEFINITELY have to go to that next gem show - my mental wheels are already turning...
31.gif
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring; it turned out great!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Layla. It turned out great!!!! Love the color of the stone
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I love big cocktail rings and I think you can wear them anywhere...not just for evenings out! Gorgeous color...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww..... thank you everyone! It''s a fun piece. And I''m planning to have some fun with it (and the matching pendant I''m planning on getting
27.gif
). It is funny because when I wear it I feel very glamorous and the rich color (while not an ''ideal'' color) suits me to the bone, including the bargain part.

Is it funny that I like it because it''s so NOT me? I mean the center stone is... but the setting is huge and in your face and well, not understated or practical or anything like my usual taste. And that''s why I like it so much. LOL.

TL-- I can''t wait to see your re-set.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 12:08:59 AM
Author: Gypsy
Aww..... thank you everyone! It''s a fun piece. And I''m planning to have some fun with it (and the matching pendant I''m planning on getting
27.gif
). It is funny because when I wear it I feel very glamorous and the rich color (while not an ''ideal'' color) suits me to the bone, including the bargain part.

Is it funny that I like it because it''s so NOT me? I mean the center stone is... but the setting is huge and in your face and well, not understated or practical or anything like my usual taste. And that''s why I like it so much. LOL.

TL-- I can''t wait to see your re-set.
Maybe it''s "you" in your glam mood, eh?
9.gif
After all, we have different facets of ourselves that our jewelry should reflect! I think it''s gorgeous, and the color is so yummy!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring turned out wonderfully!!! Great color on the stone and it looks great in that setting. Please wear it to the grocery store -- I want to see it under those grocery store lights! Enjoy it every day!! And I agree with geckodani

Date: 6/1/2009 11:28:04 AM
Author: geckodani

Maybe it''s ''you'' in your glam mood, eh?
9.gif
After all, we have different facets of ourselves that our jewelry should reflect! I think it''s gorgeous, and the color is so yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results