shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my 1st AVC (0.92 M VS1) Would love to see others 1ct & below AVCs!

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I received my first August Vintage Cushion Diamond this week!

0.92ct M VS1 - 5.55 x 6.00 x 3.72

After taking the plunge I finally ordered ; I am so glad I did - It's mesmerising & Faces up pretty white for an M although I'm not overly colour sensitive!

I would love to see other AVC's 1ct & under - Mine is more Rectangular which I prefer!
They are all cut to perfection but all have there own personalities so I am keen to see the subtle differences in each stone especially in Ct Weights closer to mine so please share your 1ct & Under AVC's!

I'm yet to take Daylight shots - All the Pix are under various indoor lighting but so far it just keeps on impressing me!

Jonathan at AV Inc was brilliant even answered all my Emails while on Vacation, I cannot praise him enough - It was the most pleasant Online Diamond purchase ever if you see this Jonathan or Rhino lol Thank-You!!

AirBrush_20190928221428.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I received my first August Vintage Cushion Diamond this week!

0.92ct M VS1 - 5.55 x 6.00 x 3.72

After taking the plunge I finally ordered ; I am so glad I did - It's mesmerising & Faces up pretty white for an M although I'm not overly colour sensitive!

I would love to see other AVC's 1ct & under - Mine is more Rectangular which I prefer!
They are all cut to perfection but all have there own personalities so I am keen to see the subtle differences in each stone especially in Ct Weights closer to mine so please share your 1ct & Under AVC's!

I'm yet to take Daylight shots - All the Pix are under various indoor lighting but so far it just keeps on impressing me!

Jonathan at AV Inc was brilliant even answered all my Emails while on Vacation, I cannot praise him enough - It was the most pleasant Online Diamond purchase ever if you see this Jonathan or Rhino lol Thank-You!!

AirBrush_20190928221428.jpg
It’s beautiful! Do you know how you will set it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank-You so much @Mamabean!
I'm thinking Semi-Bezel Set in Plat or 18k White Gold I like quite clean nonchalant settings I know some may think sacrilege to put a Vintage Style stone in a modern style setting lol but that's my tastes :lol:
I think it will look lovely in the sem-bezel. I like clean settings too... @Cosmetologist I’m looking forward to seeing it set!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont have one to show off but I think yours is lovely!

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it will look lovely in the sem-bezel. I like clean settings too... @Cosmetologist I’m looking forward to seeing it set!

Thank-You! I will be getting set in October I'll be sure to post Pics!

Everyone is always so kind on PS I wish all the Internet would be this friendly!

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I dont have one to show off but I think yours is lovely!

That's very kind Thank-You, I thought I'd never own one too but I snatched it for just under 2k!

AV Inc have some super affordable stones at the minute & they are all on Sale!
Also their Moissinate collection has just grown too with a Brand New Oval Cut a Vintage Style Oval! I can't look at their page without adding something else to the Wishlist!

Yeesh it almost sounds like I've been paid by AV Inc to promote them :lol: I haven't I am just so over the moon with the Stone I got!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AVC's are just delicious, & yours looks perfect! They truly are gorgeous stones. I have a 1 ct E in a pendant, & just looked at my existing pics & they are retched. I'll work on getting better images tomorrow (its early evening here) & post. What are your plans for a setting? Congrats on your beauty!!:love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! I want one of his AVCs so freaking bad! :love:

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
AVC's are just delicious, & yours looks perfect! They truly are gorgeous stones. I have a 1 ct E in a pendant, & just looked at my existing pics & they are retched. I'll work on getting better images tomorrow (its early evening here) & post. What are your plans for a setting? Congrats on your beauty!!:love:

Thank-You!! I'm thinking Semi Bezel in Plat or W-Gold I hope find your E 1ct Pix I can only imagine the Pure White Sparkle that gleams out of a E Colour AVC mine has more Pastel Hues but I can imagine yours is electrifying!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank-You!! I'm thinking Semi Bezel in Plat or W-Gold I hope find your E 1ct Pix I can only imagine the Pure White Sparkle that gleams out of a E Colour AVC mine has more Pastel Hues but I can imagine yours is electrifying!

My existing pics just don't do the stone justice, so I'll work on getting better images tomorrow.

Do you want to play up the M color on your stone? I have an N & had it set initially in a plat setting, then switched it over to an 18k bezel with a plat shank. The metals really made a difference in how that N color looked. Although the first setting was not a bezel, the white metal diminished the N color while the 18K really amped up the tint. I bet your M is divine!:love:

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My existing pics just don't do the stone justice, so I'll work on getting better images tomorrow.

Do you want to play up the M color on your stone? I have an N & had it set initially in a plat setting, then switched it over to an 18k bezel with a plat shank. The metals really made a difference in how that N color looked. Although the first setting was not a bezel, the white metal diminished the N color while the 18K really amped up the tint. I bet your M is divine!:love:

That's very interesting how you initially had it set in Plat then opted for a Yellow Mount with Plat Shank did you feel the Stone was inherently made better with the Yellow Mount?
Now I'm really torn between a 18k Yellow setting & White Metal setting - I was thinking of mixing like you said with a White Shank & Yellow Mount but I just don't know - I love the overall body colour of the Stone but will I like it enhanced with the Yellow Gold Mount??

I think I will play around with a few Yellow Gold Bands & place the Stone next to it So I can get a feel of what the Stone may look like with the Yellow Backing, decision decisions! lol :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank-You! I will be getting set in October I'll be sure to post Pics!

Everyone is always so kind on PS I wish all the Internet would be this friendly!
:P2

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm in awe of the PSer's who can dream up what they want & it turns out so beautifully. For me, I wanted to play up the M color. For that reason, I switched from the plat setting to the 18k bezel. I was quite stunned at the visual difference the 18k made, it really amped up the color. Whereas the plat setting just washed out the color--it was still present, but not as buttery.

How do you want to treat the color on your stone, do you want the M color more emphasized, or not as much? If you want it to look more buttery, the yellow metal will help enhance it, & the platinum will wash it out a bit.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm in awe of the PSer's who can dream up what they want & it turns out so beautifully. For me, I wanted to play up the M color. For that reason, I switched from the plat setting to the 18k bezel. I was quite stunned at the visual difference the 18k made, it really amped up the color. Whereas the plat setting just washed out the color--it was still present, but not as buttery.

How do you want to treat the color on your stone, do you want the M color more emphasized, or not as much? If you want it to look more buttery, the yellow metal will help enhance it, & the platinum will wash it out a bit.

I think I wanna enhance it - I really enjoy the Colours Thrown off & maybe in a White Setting it would pacify that effect also why buy a M Colour Diamond & try to make it look Whiter?

I should Embrace it! I think Culturally we are Brainwashed that Colourless/White is better (In Diamonds lol) & that Lower Colour Stones will never be as Beautiful - Obviously Colourless Stones are Rarer & achieve much higher prices Per Ct but I think Lower Colour Stones can be just as Beautiful especially in Ideal Cut Stones like AV Inc's!

I was initially thinking Rose Gold in the Setting & Shank - I know we are coming out of the Rose Gold Phase but I still really like it this year I've had 2 Rings crafted in Rose Gold 1 is a small Trilogy of Colourless & Yellow Diamonds the other a simple melee half Eternity Band.

I think I will compare the Stone next to Bands I already have especially the Yellow & Rose Gold bands - Thank-You so much for your input it's always super helpful speaking with people who have experience!

:appl:

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite rings ever on pricescope is an AVC that is just a hint over one carat at 1.01. it belongs to @acaw2015! heres the thread on it https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-gog-cushion-reset.222073/page-2

one carat avc.jpg one carat avc 2.jpg

i feel like this is such a beautiful size for a diamond tbh! how are you planning to set it?

Wow Wow Wow!!! What a Stunning Stone!
It has such an interesting Facet Pattern I really love the Arrows it's Dreamy I bet you can't take your eyes of it do many ppl comment on it in person? :love:
The Double Prong Setting is so elegant & effective it really adds a touch of Glamour & Drama!

Thank-You so much for sharing it here! I think the 1ct stones & under can every bit as beautiful as the Mammoth Ct Weights!

I'm thinking of having it Set Semi Bezel in either Yellow or Rose - I like the idea of mixing metals either a Yellow/Rose Mount & White Metal Shank I like Nonchalant Settings but I think mixing will add some necessary Drama to the overall effect!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I wanna enhance it - I really enjoy the Colours Thrown off & maybe in a White Setting it would pacify that effect also why buy a M Colour Diamond & try to make it look Whiter?

I should Embrace it! I think Culturally we are Brainwashed that Colourless/White is better (In Diamonds lol) & that Lower Colour Stones will never be as Beautiful - Obviously Colourless Stones are Rarer & achieve much higher prices Per Ct but I think Lower Colour Stones can be just as Beautiful especially in Ideal Cut Stones like AV Inc's!

I was initially thinking Rose Gold in the Setting & Shank - I know we are coming out of the Rose Gold Phase but I still really like it this year I've had 2 Rings crafted in Rose Gold 1 is a small Trilogy of Colourless & Yellow Diamonds the other a simple melee half Eternity Band.

I think I will compare the Stone next to Bands I already have especially the Yellow & Rose Gold bands - Thank-You so much for your input it's always super helpful speaking with people who have experience!

:appl:

@Cosmetologist , I agree--it took me a while to embrace warmer colors. When I first came to PS, I was leery of all these warmer/older stones all over the boards, until I saw one IRL. Oh my word, what I would've missed out on otherwise.

I love Rose Gold also, and have a couple of pieces I wear that would work well with a Rose Gold ring. Unfortunately, Rose Gold & the tone of my N just didn't sit well together. As much as I was in love with the idea of RG, the RG color actually detracted from the color in my stone, they just didn't go together. The metal choice drove me crazy & took me a long time to finally land, good luck with your decision!

I can't wait to see your finished piece!

I have a video of my stone in its plat setting and then one in its 18k bezel setting, maybe these 2 will help you visualize options as you proceed.

*The stone is not its cleanest in the video of it in its plat setting, fyi.

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Cosmetologist , I agree--it took me a while to embrace warmer colors. When I first came to PS, I was leery of all these warmer/older stones all over the boards, until I saw one IRL. Oh my word, what I would've missed out on otherwise.

I love Rose Gold also, and have a couple of pieces I wear that would work well with a Rose Gold ring. Unfortunately, Rose Gold & the tone of my N just didn't sit well together. As much as I was in love with the idea of RG, the RG color actually detracted from the color in my stone, they just didn't go together. The metal choice drove me crazy & took me a long time to finally land, good luck with your decision!

I have a video of my stone in its plat setting and then one in its 18k bezel setting, maybe these 2 will help you visualize options as you proceed.

Words fail me what a Stunning Stone! I most definitely see the parallels between the two Golds/Settings I think they each bring different qualities to the Stone & are both very beautiful - I am leaning towards the Yellow I think but I will have a White Metal Shank Your Stone is just spectacular its Mesmerising!

But in all honesty I think AVC's look Beautiful in any Setting they are just inherently stunning stones so you can't go wrong!!

I really appreciate you sharing these Vids it's helped no end - RG is most definitely ruled out lol especially after hearing your experience with it!

Many Thanks :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for the videos, this is so beautiful, charming, warm, magical!

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the videos, this is so beautiful, charming, warm, magical!

I know isn't it just the prettiest thing ever?!
Such a Breathtaking Stone, Some serious Eye Candy!
@Rhino is a Total Genius for devising the AVC Cut!
It's actually pretty amazing how consistent all the AVC's look I don't usually put the word Consistent in the same sentence as Diamond lol

They are just Magical Stones that demand your undivided attention whatever the size!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite rings ever on pricescope is an AVC that is just a hint over one carat at 1.01. it belongs to @acaw2015! heres the thread on it https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-gog-cushion-reset.222073/page-2

i feel like this is such a beautiful size for a diamond tbh! how are you planning to set it?

Oh thank you for your lovely comment! You made my day. :)):wavey:@crystalinmke

Wow Wow Wow!!! What a Stunning Stone!
It has such an interesting Facet Pattern I really love the Arrows it's Dreamy I bet you can't take your eyes of it do many ppl comment on it in person? :love:
The Double Prong Setting is so elegant & effective it really adds a touch of Glamour & Drama!

Thank-You so much for sharing it here! I think the 1ct stones & under can every bit as beautiful as the Mammoth Ct Weights!

I'm thinking of having it Set Semi Bezel in either Yellow or Rose - I like the idea of mixing metals either a Yellow/Rose Mount & White Metal Shank I like Nonchalant Settings but I think mixing will add some necessary Drama to the overall effect!

Thank you! My stone is probably closer to an AVC star. I am not sure if they still make the stars, but I love it. And I love your stone, what a beautiful lively diamond! Congratulations!

In my part of the world 0.2-0.5 ct is considered big, 0.5 ct really way big. I always feel the need to explain why I have such a large stone, ie "I have a special interest in diamonds..." :rodent::shifty: I love seeing these huge rocks on PS. Biggest I have seen IRL on a person (not museum) is 1,5 ct, but the lady was american so...
I like your ideas and I look forward to seeing whatever you decide to do! :appl::wavey:

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@ACA Dia

I've only Seen Pix of the AVC Star & they look Divine!! Especially your Star!
If I had the opportunity to buy an AVC Star instead of the "Standard" AVC I would've of! Not that I don't Love my stone but the Stars just look Breathtaking!! Your Stone is just Spectacular... It has amazing finger Presence if that makes sense??

The same over here too! 0.25ct/0.33ct is around the Avg - anything over that is considered "Large" anything over 0.75ct is Huge lol
The largest stone I've ever seen IRL was 10cts (the Wife of the Jeweller I use)

Thank-You so much for your Kind words =)

Last edited:

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Took this Photo Earlier while in the Car & I Had to share it here the Colours it was throwing off were unreal!! :lol:

Sadly it never seems to capture it fully, but You could really see the Maltese Cross Firing Up!! :appl:

AirBrush_20191001223252.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The colors they throw off are indeed unreal..just love the cut & color yours is showing!

I have a not so great pic of the 1ct E pendant that I have, it was taken in a restaurant. its set with a plat head & rose gold chain, I wanted a little headlight of white at the base of my neck. Its actually the best photo I have of it at the moment. I just don't take good pics, my apologies!
IMG_4161.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4161.jpeg
    IMG_4161.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 72
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results