shape
carat
color
clarity

Got any jokes?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only studied Latin for a few weeks, so I never learned to decline anything. I looked it up and it sure looks hard to do! Kudos to you, Dee*Jay and Wink. I keep saying I'll get back to Latin soon.

Once you get through the joy of declining your nouns, you can conjugate some verbs. WHEW! Now THAT'S a wild time! :lol: You and Wink might have to stage an intervention!

(Dee obviously needs to get out more. :cheeky: )

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was terrible at Latin in the 8th grade. My mom told me many years later that my teacher had told her to never let me take any foreign language as I had zero aptitude. She told mom that the only reason she did not flunk me was that I had written such an incredible book report on James Michener's Hawaii in her English class.

Then I got sent to Rio de Janeiro as a Security Guard at the American Embassy and learned Portuguese better than anyone else in my detachment. I learned in order to chase the beautiful women in Rio, and ended up catching my American born wife to whom I have now been married since August of 1973.

After that a year in Okinawa and I spoke about 400 words of Japanese at the end of my year. I learned for the pleasure of learning, as I was totally chaste, waiting only to return to the States to wed the love of my life.

Fifteen or twenty years later, I started going to Chile every January or February to kayak. I understood most of their Spanish, but they did not understand more than a fraction of my Portuguese so I studied Spanish via the then tapes of Pimsleur, which had the unintended consequence of one of my Brasilian friends asking me what had happened to my Portuguese. I asked him, what had changed. He told me I had always spoken only in the present tense, even though I was very fluent. Now I was using past, present and future tenses.

During that same time frame I learned a little French and German also via Pimsleur. I found the French very useful in both Belgium and France, but the people in the part of Belgium that I was in were still mad at the Germans for what happened in WWII.

I really don't know if I could decline a verb or conjugate a noun on purpose, that is the beauty of learning via the Pimsleur method, you just learn to speak in conversational phrases and they leave that technical stuff for school. I have some great stories about the benefits of speaking even a few words of a language where ever you are traveling, but I will have to share those another time.

P.S. I loved the joke as it made me think for a few seconds before it hit me and I really did laugh out loud.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was terrible at Latin in the 8th grade. My mom told me many years later that my teacher had told her to never let me take any foreign language as I had zero aptitude. She told mom that the only reason she did not flunk me was that I had written such an incredible book report on James Michener's Hawaii in her English class.

Then I got sent to Rio de Janeiro as a Security Guard at the American Embassy and learned Portuguese better than anyone else in my detachment. I learned in order to chase the beautiful women in Rio, and ended up catching my American born wife to whom I have now been married since August of 1973.

After that a year in Okinawa and I spoke about 400 words of Japanese at the end of my year. I learned for the pleasure of learning, as I was totally chaste, waiting only to return to the States to wed the love of my life.

Fifteen or twenty years later, I started going to Chile every January or February to kayak. I understood most of their Spanish, but they did not understand more than a fraction of my Portuguese so I studied Spanish via the then tapes of Pimsleur, which had the unintended consequence of one of my Brasilian friends asking me what had happened to my Portuguese. I asked him, what had changed. He told me I had always spoken only in the present tense, even though I was very fluent. Now I was using past, present and future tenses.

During that same time frame I learned a little French and German also via Pimsleur. I found the French very useful in both Belgium and France, but the people in the part of Belgium that I was in were still mad at the Germans for what happened in WWII.

I really don't know if I could decline a verb or conjugate a noun on purpose, that is the beauty of learning via the Pimsleur method, you just learn to speak in conversational phrases and they leave that technical stuff for school. I have some great stories about the benefits of speaking even a few words of a language where ever you are traveling, but I will have to share those another time.

P.S. I loved the joke as it made me think for a few seconds before it hit me and I really did laugh out loud.

This was a wonderful posting, @Wink!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you. Your joke brought up many happy memories for me.

Wink

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.

A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.

Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.

Shotgun wedding - A case of wife or death.

A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.

A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.

Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

When two egotists meet, it's an I for an I.

A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two tired.

In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.

She was engaged to a boyfriend with a wooden leg but broke it off.

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.

With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.

The man who fell into an upholstery machine is now fully recovered.

You feel stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

A lot of money is tainted - taint yours and taint mine.

A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.

He had a photographic memory that was never developed.

Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead-to-know basis.

Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.

Acupuncture is a jab well done.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
While working at a pizza parlor, I observed a man ordering a small pizza to go. He appeared to be alone and the cook asked him if he would like it cut into 4 pieces or 6.

He thought about it for some time then said, "Just cut it into 4 pieces; I don't think I'm hungry enough to eat 6 pieces."

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, bless his little ol heart.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
march.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m.jpeg

w.jpeg

k.jpg

e.jpeg

i.jpg

a.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
threads all ways bester with frog.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
andadietcokeplease.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
computers.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"GRANDPA, LET ME OUTTA HERE!"

"Oh sh!t! Stop the funeral."

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doctor says to Jim, "Jim I'm afraid I have some bad news".
Jim: "What is is Doc?"
Dr: "You have to stop masturbating."
Jim: "OMG, why?"
Dr: "Because I'm talking to you."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doctor says to Jim, "Jim I'm afraid I have some bad news".
Jim: "What is is Doc?"
Dr: "You have to stop masturbating."
Jim: "OMG, why?"
Dr: "Because I'm talking to you."

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So not a joke but pretty funny. And yes it is April and yes we still have our tree up. I am taking cheer wherever I can get it. So don't judge me. Or judge me as the crazy jewish Christmas tree cat lady :lol:

Gracie yesterday afternoon. She is apparently very pleased the tree is still up too. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.jpg

32.jpeg

652.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A0B861FC-5CFD-4B1B-8715-9FF44A79DEB7.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
joke.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smile.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.jpg

5.jpg

54.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
s.jpeg

f.jpg

NSFW
g.jpg

d.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I read this to my mom in the doctor’s office today. The receptionist couldn’t stop laughing..She said she really needed a laugh..haha

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mexican Magician
" I will count to three, and disappear"
Uno
Dos
Poof!!

He disappeared without a tres!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium