shape
carat
color
clarity

Got a package from Sally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Makingthegrade--
Wow 20 days! That would kill me. But, I do know that it''s worth it!

My OEC diamond is 1.15 carats. How big is the one shown?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pad is 5mm. :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute turtle too! I''m sure she''ll get some business from this thread.

Hope your future MIL loves and wears her pendant.

TFS!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pad ring is so pretty. I really love that moonstone, it has such a nice sheen.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Ok..I love turtles and that pendant is tDF!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade - You were so right about your speculation regarding the fish charm. Not trying to threadjack, but I think its detail is very fine and I am thinking of working with her on modifying this one. I had been looking at the fish charm on Tiffany's site, but it looks to be a bit too cartoonish for my tastes and lacked the detail I was looking for. Granted, I am an aquarium geek, so take my opinion with a grain of salt (no pun intended), as I am sure many people would find Tiffany's design pleasing.

Sally said her fish design can be made into a charm or pair of earrings (I believe her design is a koi). Sorry the image is so large...

heartofwaters.fish.omie.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omieluv, those fish are delightful! Sally doesn''t actually make these animals, her coworker Phet does, he''s apparently a very skilled artisan who likes to makes these little animals by hand and with a lot of heart.

She had mentioned in the past that he enjoys challenges and new projects, so I bet they''d be open to making a fish pendant for you that met your high standards. I would just suggest being very specific with what you want so that they know whether they can do it satisfactorily.

So pretty!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 5:44:16 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Omieluv, those fish are delightful! Sally doesn''t actually make these animals, her coworker Phet does, he''s apparently a very skilled artisan who likes to makes these little animals by hand and with a lot of heart.

She had mentioned in the past that he enjoys challenges and new projects, so I bet they''d be open to making a fish pendant for you that met your high standards. I would just suggest being very specific with what you want so that they know whether they can do it satisfactorily.

So pretty!
Yes, the design is very pretty. I have been corresponding with Sally for the past couple of months and she told me Phet''s story and I am so glad he is now working with her, doing what he loves! The detail of the design already exceeds my expectations, however, I just want to figure out the type of stone I would like it set with.

Are you going to order the turtle? Sally said she has another emerald she could set it with...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I actually like the froggies more than the turtle, but either way I''m in no rush to buy it immediately. I might actually do it with a green amethyst instead of emerald since I would most likely wear it often (I tend to be rough with my jewelry, my fiance gave me a briolette cut topaz pendant 3 years ago, and I just never take it off). I don''t think emerald would hold up well, lol.

Do you think you''ll get the fish in yellow gold? I wonder if Phet could do a koi effect with two-tone...that would be something very impressive. Are you leaning towards any kind of gem or color in particular?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I understand what you are saying regarding the emerald, however, I think a green quartz (amethyst is actually purple quartz) would be a bit too light for me. Maybe a green sapphire then? A nice tsavorite would be pretty as well. I am sure if you decided to go forward with the turtle project, Sally could help you with stone selection.

Regarding the fish, I had not considered two-tone...what were your ideas? In terms of a gem, not sure. I have an 8mm goshenite from gemrite.com that I wanted to have set in her pillbox design as a pendant, but now I am wondering if it could work with the fish, though, it might be too large. I have sent Sally a note regarding that.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite fish are the red and white koi, I just think they''re so gorgeous, and they''re considered lucky for some asian cultures. I have no idea if you could do a two-tone pendant to look like koi, I typically see enamel koi pendants. Maybe selective rhodium plating on a base of yellow gold? No idea. I just think it''d be neat if it was possible. :)

Do you think you''ll get the fish in gold?

If you decide to do it, I''d love to see pics! I love fish too (I just have a thing for water creatures I guess, haha).

red_koi.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Red and white koi with long fins, like what you pictured are beautiful and your idea is interesting. I can ask Sally what she thinks...

I was considering yellow gold for this, but it will depend on the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results