shape
carat
color
clarity

Gorgeous Fancy (Tiffany) Blue from New World Diamonds

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! I did it again! :lol:

I decided to get a Fancy Blue from NWD, before I finally conclude (is there such a thing???) my Fancy Color Diamond shopping spree. You can refer to the actual post here for more details (am too lazy to post all the photos & videos posts here since there is a max limit on each post).

ASET of the Fancy Blue

The Fancy Blue is supposed to be an Ideal cut and here is how its ASET images look like. Although ASET is used to evaluate the light performance of colorless diamonds, to evaluate a diamond’s interaction with light, I wanted to know how good or bad is the cut grade of NWD diamonds. The white and black areas represent areas of light leakage.

Ideal scope of the Fancy Blue
The Ideal scope helps you to evaluate the light return; red indicates light return, black indicates contrast and white indicates light leakage.

Performance under the different lighting conditions...

To give a more accurate description of the varying colors it exhibit, I have included a blue pantone color chart as a reference point.

Like its Fancy Intense Pink cousin, this Fancy Blue also has lots of personality! It changes its colors like a veiled Chameleon under different lighting conditions.

Indoors (diffused indoor lighting)

In the low light condition, it is a light pastel blue (between PMS 312 and PMS 313) and sparkles with colorful flashes too!

Under the sunlight (next to window)

These photos are taken at around 10 am to 11 am in the morning, when the strong morning sunlight has streaming in the room. The Fancy Blue takes on a brighter somewhat Aqua blue (between PMS 306 and PMS 312) appearance.

Last edited:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Bright indoors (next to balcony)
This is the most interesting part, the Fancy Blue takes on a striking Tiffany Blue color!

This is the closest color reference I can get - using the RGB HEX color annotation - a darker shade of PMS 2975.

Here is an extreme close up (x8 using Samsung Note 9) of the Fancy Blue.

It is so hard to use a diamond tweezer and taking a video of it at the same time! So sorry for the shaky footage... :cry2:

*Will rectify the typo in video later* :wall:

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're acquiring quite a gorgeous collection. Can't wait to see how you set this one.

bennypig

Rough_Rock
After I bought the pink diamond ring for my girlfriend it made me want to buy a blue diamond ring for my self :lol-2:. There are many variations between the tones of blue diamonds. Your review is very helpful! I think lighter blue and with slightly greyish/greenish tone is the best color for blue diamond! I found there were many "fancy deep blue" ones on NWD site but I think their color is too similar to blue sapphire which makes them look not unique.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
After I bought the pink diamond ring for my girlfriend it made me want to buy a blue diamond ring for my self :lol-2:. There are many variations between the tones of blue diamonds. Your review is very helpful! I think lighter blue and with slightly greyish/greenish tone is the best color for blue diamond! I found there were many "fancy deep blue" ones on NWD site but I think their color is too similar to blue sapphire which makes them look not unique.

@bennypig great minds certainly do think alike! :lol:

After I brought the pink, I have been itching to get the blue...and after seeing my lab Fancy color collection, my bro wants both Pink and Blue too! Oh dear, NWD's diamonds are so horribly addictive! :wall:

Now, after getting a Blue, I really feel like getting a Purple too.. My bro joked that at this rate, I will have a rainbow collection by the end of this year...Oops! :oops:

Jokes aside, there are some Fancy Intense Blues which appear lighter than the Fancy Blues...so you have to be very careful and ask for more photos.

I decided on this color since my spouse said he prefers this Tiffany-like shade of Blue. It definitely does not have an appearance of Tiffany blue most of the time, it only takes on this shade when its surrounding has ample diffused light.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
You're acquiring quite a gorgeous collection. Can't wait to see how you set this one.

Thank you! The fancy colored diamonds from NWD are really pretty. I will share the photos once it is set.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
So I also bought a fancy blue diamond from NWD because of this thread.

It is 0.6 ct fancy blue.
signal-2021-05-13-183210.jpg
PXL_20210513_040749185.jpg

Gorgeous! I also bought one because of this thread! I don’t have mine yet but yours is amazing. My is a bit smaller at a half carat but the cut should be pretty decent so I’m hoping it looks as pretty as these two.

bennypig

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I also bought one because of this thread! I don’t have mine yet but yours is amazing. My is a bit smaller at a half carat but the cut should be pretty decent so I’m hoping it looks as pretty as these two.

I also have a fancy intense pink from them. It is also very beautiful.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous diamond! I can't wait to see it set.❤

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
So I also bought a fancy blue diamond from NWD because of this thread.

It is 0.6 ct fancy blue.
signal-2021-05-13-183210.jpg
PXL_20210513_040749185.jpg

This is so pretty! Does yours come with a slight green tint? The 0.6c does seem really big from your photos!

Quite a number of nicer fancy blue selection was sold (am sure yours is one of them) when my brother was chosing the fancy blue for my sister in law. His order is still on the way...

My fancy blue was finally set last month.. Will post when I am free.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

Did you purchase a loose fancy blue diamond? Please share the photos once your order has arrived!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Did you purchase a loose fancy blue diamond? Please share the photos once your order has arrived!

I did but I also purchased a setting from them. It shipped yesterday so I should have it next week.

bennypig

Rough_Rock
This is so pretty! Does yours come with a slight green tint? The 0.6c does seem really big from your photos!

Quite a number of nicer fancy blue selection was sold (am sure yours is one of them) when my brother was chosing the fancy blue for my sister in law. His order is still on the way...

My fancy blue was finally set last month.. Will post when I am free.

My GF has slim fingers! But she more prefer the size of her last 0.7ct pink diamond though.

The diamond is very blue and I think it doesn't come with green tint which we prefer.

Attached is the rings from NWD on my own hand. Sorry for my ugly fingers xD!! They are so pretty I have to put them on my hand too!
PXL_20210513_040301171~2.jpg

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
My GF has slim fingers! But she more prefer the size of her last 0.7ct pink diamond though.

The diamond is very blue and I think it doesn't come with green tint which we prefer.

Attached is the rings from NWD on my own hand. Sorry for my ugly fingers xD!! They are so pretty I have to put them on my hand too!
PXL_20210513_040301171~2.jpg

Wow! Yours have an amazing shade of pastel blue! I will post my sister-in-law's fancy blue once hers arrive. :kiss2:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Love that shade of blue! It’s perfect!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
@bennypig your fancy blue is really captivating! my bro is asking if you can post the certificate (without the cert number) so that he can take a look at the specifications? :mrgreen2:

rainbowstarry

Rough_Rock
So pretty! What cut did you choose? Excellent?

bennypig

Rough_Rock
@bennypig your fancy blue is really captivating! my bro is asking if you can post the certificate (without the cert number) so that he can take a look at the specifications? :mrgreen2:

The ring actually comes with a slight green tint in some indoor lighting. I would say the colour is PM306 according to your chart above when it looks most greenish. blue diamond.jpeg

Inked IGI report.jpg

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Those who have purchased rings from NWD; how long has it taken you to receive them? I’m going on 3 weeks for my order so I’m curious

bennypig

Rough_Rock
Those who have purchased rings from NWD; how long has it taken you to receive them? I’m going on 3 weeks for my order so I’m curious
I bought 2 rings from them and they took 2-3 weeks before shipped

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

My bro took around a little over 3 weeks.. We r based in Singapore

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock

I placed the order on 4/27 and received the ring today on 5/17

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
What an awful APRIL/MAY and a terrible day today.

I was not active in pricescope due to family matters; my family member was hospitalized. Finally, everything is looking slightly better, and my brother's long awaited fancy blue finally arrived last Sunday. It was really pretty! In all honesty, after seeing his and the lovely blues in this post, I have decided to upgrade mine.

However, today I found out that although the NWD has promised x2 upgrades in your lifetime even for international customers, they have suddenly removed this yesterday. I was still in the middle of discussion for the upgrade with NWD!

What a shock and truthfully, felt terribly cheated and betrayed, since I was promised that the upgrades also apply for international customers prior my purchases with them.

Nevertheless, I am still unsure if this will apply even to the previous customers who have purchased from them before this date. Hence, please do NOT proceed with your purchase if this option is critical to you. I am still clarifying with them on this portion and my recommendation will depend on the outcome of my clarification.

And yes, I will post the many lovely photos of my bro's proud purchase in a while. I still haven't told him the shocking news yet...and ya, I think he will be extremely upset since he had purchased with the understanding that he can upgrade. :wall:

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I hope your family member continues to get better.

Since you were already discussing an upgrade, hopefully NWD will honor the upgrade policy that was in place at the time of your purchase. I hope it all goes well for you and your family.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! I hope your family member continues to get better.

Since you were already discussing an upgrade, hopefully NWD will honor the upgrade policy that was in place at the time of your purchase. I hope it all goes well for you and your family.

Thank you @Diamond Girl 21 ! *hugs* I hope everything turns out well too....this will affect purchases from my family and from @bennypig ...what a bummer! :cry2:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
photo_2021-05-21_08-12-04.jpg
photo_2021-05-21_08-12-04 (2).jpg

Mine is the darker blue (1.08c) and my bro is the light blue (0.78c) although both is graded fancy blue.

I think his lighter tone is very pretty! My sister in law fells in love with what my brother has chosen and my bro is so proud of his gift to her. So sweet of him! :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results