shape
carat
color
clarity

Gorgeous Fancy Intense Pink from New World Diamonds

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I finally received my shipment today!

Overall very very very very very x10000 pleased with my purchase; blush light pink, not saturated (fake looking) or any hint of orangey tone.

The Ideal and ASET images which I have taken so far confirmed that this is an ideal cut, very sparkly and bright, and yet with a light blush pink.

My hubby gave the NWD 2 thumbs up! He said it looks pretty close to the mined Pinks.

Although FCD should be evaluated based on its color, not cut, the fact that this is full of life ( very 3D , not flat) and sparkly, made me feel that cut does matter. :geek2:

Here are some images (taken indoor at night). Outdoors photos will need to wait tomorrow.

Ideal scope for NWD Fancy Intense Pink! The H&A is almost there! :)

photo_2021-03-05_21-28-10.jpg

ASET scope for NWD Fancy Intense Pink! Not perfect...but you can see the blue arrow contrast!

photo_2021-03-05_21-28-11.jpg

Indoor photos at night for NWD Fancy Intense Pink!

photo_2021-03-05_21-28-11 (2).jpg

Some throwbacks: arhhh my unfortunate Lightbox - deep saturated dull - not sparkly - mistake! Really regretted that purchase since it costed me so much effort, money and numerous chaser emails to get my refund back. Ugh...

ASET scope for LIGHTBOX PINK - I am pretty sure this is a hummm...Fair or below Fair cut?

aset_scope.jpg

Ideal scope for for LIGHTBOX PINK - Not surprising that the LB pink looks pretty flat, lifeless and fake in real life. My hubby gave it 2 thumbs down on this one. Ugh!

ideal_scope.jpg

LIGHTBOX PINK dull lifeless photo in a hot afternoon indoor light. BTW the LB pink looks completely dark when there is not much light. However, the pink NWD is sparkly even under very low light conditions.

photo_2021-02-14_09-54-52 (9).jpg

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg yay its arrived. Lol now you've got me wanting a pinky. It's so feminine and pretty. Can't wait to see you wear it!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Now I need to decide on the ring mounting...ahahaha.

Mmm now that's the exciting part. This pinky is already so pink, but I'm so drawn to halos on coloured stones. Even multiple halos. I have this photo saved on my phone but it's kinda in reverse to your situation.

How big is your stone? I wouldn't mind doing something like a 3 stone with contrasting white side diamonds as well.

2015-04-08_20.09.jpg

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Mmm now that's the exciting part. This pinky is already so pink, but I'm so drawn to halos on coloured stones. Even multiple halos. I have this photo saved on my phone but it's kinda in reverse to your situation.

How big is your stone? I wouldn't mind doing something like a 3 stone with contrasting white side diamonds as well.

2015-04-08_20.09.jpg

Orrh, lovely halo settings! This really a good idea since I have hardly see double halo in different colors *bookmarked this in my browser*.

Are you thinking of doing something similar for your future projects? Mine is an itsy bitsy 0.87c, 6.05mm by 6.10mm.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Orrh, lovely halo settings! This really a good idea since I have hardly see double halo in different colors *bookmarked this in my browser*.

Are you thinking of doing something similar for your future projects? Mine is an itsy bitsy 0.87c, 6.05mm by 6.10mm.

I don't have a FCD yet but when I do hahaha. A triple halo might be on the cards because my budget would only get a tiny pinky lol.

6mm is actually a really nice size.

Oh are you into clusters? Lol I'm all about large chunky clusters with bigger stones than a little halo.

I'm probably going to be on a bling ban soon though so I'll live vicariously through you :)

This was from a PS'er, I just can't remember who, so sorry I cannot give credit.
20200907_151115.jpg

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! So interesting to see the differences between the Lightbox and your new stone - thanks for sharing! I'm sure you're going to have fun figuring out the mounting!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So well cut! Please share more photos!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
more photos please! especially in natural light, can't wait to see more!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
So awesome! I’m glad it turned out so pretty.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
It was a very busy day today..but I will be posting photos and videos tomorrow :)

After much discussion with hubby, he voted for either the halo elegant look or the tiffany knife style simple look....

As it is extremely expensive over here to work with a local jeweler..I will take more time to decide on the eventual ring setting.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I took way too many photos...and had a hard time deciding which ones to use....in the end here they are...I will try my best to summarise my experience.

The videos will take a bit more time to work on...will probably post in a few days' time!

Performance under the different lighting conditions...

This Fancy Intense Pink has tons of personality! It is like a veiled Chameleon which changes its color in the most unexpected ways. For instance, instead of turning dark and lifeless in the low light condition, it becomes a light pastel pink and sparkles with colorful flashes, just like the colorless modern brilliant round diamond. Under the strong sunlight, it goes dark and glows somewhat with a shade of pleasing rosy and purplish tint (probably due to the strong blue fluorescence).

Here are a couple of photos (unedited) and videos to show how it changes its color throughout the day.

One thing I noticed is that it is EXTEMELY hard to capture a decent photos of a Fancy Colored Diamond with my Samsung Note 9! I guess I cannot be lazy anymore and have to takeout the DSLR, with the micro lens, to capture more decent photos of this glorious pink diamond next time!

Under the morning light (indoors)

These photos are taken at around 8am to 9am in the morning, when the golden sunlight is streaming in. I noticed when the Fancy Intense Pink is under the strong sunlight, it glows a shade of rosy and golden pink.

With the morning rays hitting onto the diamond directly, it seems to absorb the orange morning sunlight and turns a shade darker.

There are quite a fair bit of rainbow flashes too....

Here is a side profile view..

It changes back to the pleasing light, baby pastel pink when I move away from the window.

It is quite fiery too and throws out a fair bit of rainbow flashes when it is moving about.

Under the afternoon light (indoors)

In the afternoon light, the Fancy Intense Pink glows with a deeper shade of pink; a pale rosy pink when it is indoors.

Here is a close up...

The backlight reveals its arrows...

Which turns on and off when it is moving about...

Last edited:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Overcast conditions (indoors)

The diamond facets are very apparent under the overcast conditions. The Fancy Intense Pink turns back to a baby pastel pink, with a slight tinge of rose.

A few more...

It changes to a slightly more rosy pink when I sit next to the window...

At night...under the white LED lights

Under the white LED lighting, the Fancy Intense Pink turns into a pale, pastel pink (my favorite shade) and its diamond facets are also very clearly shown too...here is how it really looks like (with non-doctored photos)...

This PINK! I love it! :kiss2:

Keeping a loose diamond clean is a very daunting task! The dirt and grime shows up pretty clearly in this photo...ugh!

More videos coming up soon...

bennypig

Rough_Rock
This is also what I experienced with the pink diamond I bought from NWD. Its shades of colour changes very much under different conditions.

bennypig

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! When will you get it set?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
wow that's really classy and pretty! love it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it is gorgeous! The halo perfectly complements it, and I absolutely love the shade of pink of your diamond.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting you chose!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results