shape
carat
color
clarity

Gorgeous diamond ring (thanks, ForteKitty) but I need a band

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I bought the most beautiful ring from ForteKitty off of LoupeTroop. She was a sheer delight to interact with, seriously one of the nicest sellers I have ever spoken to in my life! She had good humour for my MANY many questions and was very patient as I hemmed and hawed because I was nervous about spending what for me, was so much money.

After having mixed experiences with my JbG moval, part of me was afraid of buying diamonds ever again. But with ForteKitty I felt so comfortable and with her great reputation I just had to pull the trigger. I'm so happy I did! And I will write up fully about this experience I had with her, but the thing that has stopped me is that I'm not wearing the ring! Gah!

The reason is that I don't have a band to match the ring yet. It's a nice low profile setting, but that also means that nothing sits flush. Ideas?

One option I'm considering is buying a couple 2mm 18k white gold bands from American Set on EBay. Then cutting them open and soldering them next to the e-ring, one on either side. What do you think?

I also love the idea of a small micro pave diamond band. Maybe I could get the basket raised on the e-ring so that it sits flush? Hmm.

Ideas much appreciated!! I want to wear this ring, but not by itself and not with a huge gap.

It is an L colour set in 18k yellow gold with a white gold shank. Size 5. If memory serves, it's a 0.77ct radiant. Woo woo!
a0f1a75406d8c98ca9ec76c5fc3f1e82.png

9ce8a89e92c40c47c8ead626657bdd2d.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Gorgeous diamond ring (thanks, ForteKitty) but I need a

If you do the soldering thing I would do just 1 band first and wear it that way a while to see if that makes you happy.
I would also get the same width band as the shank (whatever that is...it might be 2mm but I dont know).

You might talk to these people...they may be able to make you the diamond band you want.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/289854387/half-eternity-band-stackable-ring-micro?ref=shop_home_active_14
https://www.etsy.com/listing/277903336/valentines-gift-curved-wedding-ringhalf?ref=shop_home_active_1

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333 said:
If you do the soldering thing I would do just 1 band first and wear it that way a while to see if that makes you happy.
I would also get the same width band as the shank (whatever that is...it might be 2mm but I dont know).

You might talk to these people...they may be able to make you the diamond band you want.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/289854387/half-eternity-band-stackable-ring-micro?ref=shop_home_active_14
https://www.etsy.com/listing/277903336/valentines-gift-curved-wedding-ringhalf?ref=shop_home_active_1

Ooo thanks Tyty! Those options are really appealing! I think I'll go to the mall next weekend and try some things in person to help me get a good idea of what might work. I love that micro pave band with the gap!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Your new ring is so pretty, PearAffair! Any updates regarding your purchasing experience review, specs of your ring, and what band you decided to pair with it? :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skhii said:
Your new ring is so pretty, PearAffair! Any updates regarding your purchasing experience review, specs of your ring, and what band you decided to pair with it? :)

You're so nice to ask!

I think I'm going to get the band re-sized bigger and wear it on my right hand middle finger. :)

I also need to do a special post about how great ForteKitty was to buy from, because I noticed she has a new listing up!

I also took some macro shots of my ring but they're on my husband's phone... gah.

Maybe this afternoon that will be my special project :)

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

pearaffair|1486646329|4126483 said:
Skhii said:

You're so nice to ask!

I think I'm going to get the band re-sized bigger and wear it on my right hand middle finger. :)

I also need to do a special post about how great ForteKitty was to buy from, because I noticed she has a new listing up!

I also took some macro shots of my ring but they're on my husband's phone... gah.

Maybe this afternoon that will be my special project :)

Yay! Looking forward to it! ^^

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results