shape
carat
color
clarity

good website to order from in canada? $3000 budget.

kevint77

Rough_Rock
Hi there, new to the forum, and definitely new to buying jewelry.

The girlfriend and I have been together for about 5 years now, bought a house last year, and have decided we want to get married. I'm excited.

She's a simple lady and luckily for me, doesn't want an overly expensive ring.

I've read that buying online, you can get a sweet deal on a ring, though i'd be a bit worried if it wasn't certified.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

kevint77

Rough_Rock
Random question I just thought of...

I was playing around with building my own ring on a few websites, how would I find a matching wedding band if I did that?

Thanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many of our vendors will happily ship to Canada.

What shape diamond does your lady want?

Matching bands... just depends what ring you get. Some have them, some don't. If you are getting a solitaire, probably best thing to do is have her try on bands (most people don't get exact matches) and see what looks good to her and then get that.

kevint77

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1477874604|4092129 said:
Many of our vendors will happily ship to Canada.

What shape diamond does your lady want?

Matching bands... just depends what ring you get. Some have them, some don't. If you are getting a solitaire, probably best thing to do is have her try on bands (most people don't get exact matches) and see what looks good to her and then get that.

Were looking for a round shape, with accent stones.

The exchange rate is just awful right now, so I'm not sure if it's beneficial to buy from the states currently.

Price wise, what's generally better.. creating my own ring online, or buying a pre-made ring online?

Thanks

realazy

Rough_Rock
I just ordered a ring from James Allen and Im from Canada too, they offer free shipping and returns to Canada. You just pay taxes when it arrives, so budget for that. There are lots of websites that offer similar services. From my experience, ordering online is still cheaper with the poor exhange rate than in stores because the selection, quality and price at most stores is sub par.

You should clarify if your budget is $3,000 CAD or $3,000 USD.

kevint77

Rough_Rock
3000 canadian. I was looking at james Allen and blue Nile and liked what I saw, thank you :) do you pay the taxes when it arrives with blue Nile as well?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With BN, you pay the tax when you check out.
With JA, you pay FedEx.

Another vote for JA. Free return, magnified image, large selections

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results