shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Value?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

queasy

Rough_Rock
Hi All,I'm considering a stone with the following
details:Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
H
SI1
0.48 ct.
57% Table
34.7 Crown Angle
40.8 Pav Angle
Depth 60.7
Culet Pointed
Girdle Faceted 1.2%-1.7%Comments on Cert:
Fluorescence: Medium BlueCut Advisor says:
Brill = Excellent
Fire = Excellent
Scint = Very Good
Spread = Very GoodTotal = 1.6 ExcellentAsking price: (from brick & mortar store
in another state, so I haven't seen the
stone yet) $1600Is this a good price (internet as well
as B&M places)?I believe in AGA cut grade terms, this stone falls into is 1A category (?) and that would put a value of ~$2400 per ct.According to that the price should be ~$1150,
for this particular stone.Am I interpreting the Rappaport price
correctly? or is this intended only as a guideline for diamond dealers?I'm a little concerned about the fluorescence
comment in the cert. Should I be? Is medium blue acceptable
for this color grade?Any advice appreciated.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you on price. Is this diamond branded or unbranded? Is it being sold as a hearts and arrows diamond?The medium blue fluorescence, if properly graded, may make this diamond appear whiter than an H color diamond without fluorescence. You just want to look at the diamond, especially out in the sun and make sure that it doesn't look milky or oily. Medium blue shouldn't.Avoid looking at Rapaport. It is not meant for use by consumers and is one way some unscrupulous dealers try to trick consumers into believing they are getting a special price. Hopefully, a brick and mortar vendor will be along to tell you more about price.
smile.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
LK has been THE branded diamond for decades.
There is an excellent resale market that underpins the price.
I think medium blue on an H is a big advantage.
Sounds OK to me, and you have a B&M to be there when you want them too.
Garry

queasy

Rough_Rock
Lawmax,Thanks for your reply, actually the stone
is branded, it's a "Lazare Kaplan".I'm also interested to know if this is
a good price if it were offered by an
internet vendor.--Queasy

moediamond

Rough_Rock
HI,It's been my experience that sometimes the Cut Advisor gives 2 different results when using angles and percentages for the crown & pavilion.
Try it out and see if there is a difference in the results.For a B&M, it's a fair price- they have huge overhead costs to pay for.As far as a medium blue, that's OK for an H color.
Strong blues help J's and K's alot.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We strongly advise the use of angles and it says so right on the place where you hit 'go'. - direct quote:-Select angles or depth % for Crown and Pavilion. Angles are more accurate.* Culet % is required if you wish to enter Pavilion %. None to Very Small Culets are negligible - 0%; Small - 0.5%; Medium - 1%; Slightly Large - 2.5%; Large - 5%, Very large - 10%OK?
we use % because sometimes that is all you can get from a vendor.
Garry H

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results