shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait! (2.60 Antique Cushion)

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Re: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait! (2.60 Antique Cushio

Oh wow. She's absolutely gorgeous and your story is fabulous.

OECtime

Rough_Rock

Gorgeous ring and wonderful (and wonderfully told) story!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely the most charming antique cushion goddess :love: :love: ! And setting :appl: :love: :appl: ! Enjoy!!!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock

It is gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is absolutely stunning! So beautiful & I'm so happy for you - congratulations!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG!!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! :love: And though you didn't share the details I love a good romantic story so that makes it all the more sweet IMO. Congrats on your new beautiful old cut ring and more importantly congrats on having an amazing partner to share life with. :appl: :appl: :appl:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Thanks again everyone! I'm blown away by how much everyone loves Aurora!

Let it suffice to say that while DH couldn't 100% recreate his first proposal with my original e-ring (the location would have tipped me off since it wasn't on the way to where we were going), he made an effort to come very close. The original proposal wasn't one of those over-the-top things you see now, and he'd already asked me before we bought the ring; we'd always laughed at the circumstances of the original giving of the ring (I said he had to ask me again with the ring), but it was our story, you know? He found a similar location, and totally surprised me as I thought we were getting off the freeway because of traffic and my need to find a restroom.

He didn't ask me to marry him again; he recited his vows while giving me Aurora, shaking as much as he did at our wedding.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oooh!! that is so romantic and loving and thoughtful!!! YAY to your DH!!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

rileyl|1378606640|3516542 said:
Congratulations! And Happy 25th Anniversary.

Like you, I had a .25ct ering which I also wore for 25 years of marriage (our anniversary was Aug 6), and like you, I just upgraded as well, and also to an old cut!! I enjoyed reading your story as much as I enjoyed looking at your incredibly beautiful ring!

Happy anniversary to you too! You got married exactly on my birthday ::)

IE_Princess that is just so, so sweet about how your husband recited his vows while presenting you with your fab new ring. And the name you have given your beautiful ring. Congrats on 25 years of marriage!!! I love the vintage bands you've paired with her.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a precious story!! ...and THAT RING -- PERFECTION!!! :love: Congratulations on 25 years of marriage! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

congrats on your anniversary and your lovely set.
I love the look on your hand. you did well with matching the bands to it.
yes, sometimes really Really REALLY good things come to those that wait........!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG...she is beautiful! Congrats on 25!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh how I love love love Aurora! And I love her name, too. And the milestone anniversary, congratulations!

I hope you know what I'm going to ask... at least a hundred more photos, please :bigsmile:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful story and beautiful ring! I am loving the bands as well :love:

Congratulations!!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

What a lovely ring and an even lovelier story. Congratulations on a milestone anniversary and enjoy every moment of wearing that divine ring. She is a beauty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IE_Princess said:
Thanks again everyone! I'm blown away by how much everyone loves Aurora!

Let it suffice to say that while DH couldn't 100% recreate his first proposal with my original e-ring (the location would have tipped me off since it wasn't on the way to where we were going), he made an effort to come very close. The original proposal wasn't one of those over-the-top things you see now, and he'd already asked me before we bought the ring; we'd always laughed at the circumstances of the original giving of the ring (I said he had to ask me again with the ring), but it was our story, you know? He found a similar location, and totally surprised me as I thought we were getting off the freeway because of traffic and my need to find a restroom.

He didn't ask me to marry him again; he recited his vows while giving me Aurora, shaking as much as he did at our wedding.

That is such a romantic (re) proposal. I had tears in my eyes reading this and thank you for sharing the special day with us.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

It is gorgeous, I just love antique cushions.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is stunning!!! Also, I love the look with your beautiful stacking bands.
You found a unique ring (or perhaps the ring found you!!). Nice story... so romantic.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

I just LOVE Aurora! :love:

I love your story even more....very touching.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

LOVE IT!!! And I have to say, I honestly love stones with fluorescence. Your ring is gorgeous! Congrats!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

I can't say thank you enough! Really it is Aurora who should thank you all, but she's a bit of a diva, I fear, completely accustomed to adulation. It may be partly my fault; she's rather pampered with her daily spa treatments, her cushy bed, and her adoring ladies-in-waiting (the bands).

Gem Fever, I'll work on a photo shoot!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful! Congrats on 25 yrs and your stunning celebration ring!

brtb

Rough_Rock

Beautiful ring, lovely story. I love her name, too! Congratulations!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

I <3 this ring!! Puffy heart love it! It is just sooooo romantic! When I see it I just want to sighhhhhhh :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

IE_Princess said:
I can't say thank you enough! Really it is Aurora who should thank you all, but she's a bit of a diva, I fear, completely accustomed to adulation. It may be partly my fault; she's rather pampered with her daily spa treatments, her cushy bed, and her adoring ladies-in-waiting (the bands).!
:lol:

Oh my! It's gorgeous! I'm officially on old cut overload. There are few stones I bug my husband with, but I made him look at this one. Le sigh! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

IE_Princess|1378742365|3517263 said:
I can't say thank you enough! Really it is Aurora who should thank you all, but she's a bit of a diva, I fear, completely accustomed to adulation. It may be partly my fault; she's rather pampered with her daily spa treatments, her cushy bed, and her adoring ladies-in-waiting (the bands).

Gem Fever, I'll work on a photo shoot!

::) ::) ::) Oh that Lady Aurora! :appl:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Stunning! It is absolutely gorgeous.

adorezy

Rough_Rock

:appl: Oh that is beautiful story and a beautiful ring. Your ring is absolutely gorgeous :love: Enjoy it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

SB621|1378780606|3517667 said:
I <3 this ring!! Puffy heart love it! It is just sooooo romantic! When I see it I just want to sighhhhhhh :love:

I swear PS ate my post!!! But regardless I will retype.

Happy Anniversary!!!!! 25 is such a milestone so you definitely deserve a beautiful ring!! Here is too many more years to come wearing that gorgeous (ie I'm extremely jealous) ring! And have to note that I love it that much more that it is a real antique ring vs. repo!!!! Nothing is wrong with repo's I just think it adds to the charm and makes it that much more special.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results