shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait! (2.60 Antique Cushion)

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
... and boy have I ever waited for this stone!

My original e-ring was a .24 MRB in a four prong 14K YG solitaire (with WG prongs). We walked into a Hudson-Goodman jewelers knowing nothing about diamonds and walked out with a ring in a box and a 10 month payment plan. I wore that stone for almost 24 years, and I always told myself (and anyone who asked) that I would have rather had the years I had with my husband (we got engaged when I was 18) than a bigger stone for having waited until he could spend more on an engagement ring. It's very true; I am happy to have married young and have spent more than half of my life married to my husband.

A little over a year ago we set a ~ 1CT MRB (that had come from a ring my grandmother gave me) very simply, and I wore that as an e-ring. It seemed huge! I didn't love the setting, however, and something was off with the stone but I couldn't really say what. I thought it had some dark areas and some visible inclusions, and just wasn't "sparkly". But it was free.

This past January DH told me that he'd like to get me a pretty ring for our upcoming anniversary. I suggested that maybe we could do a reset on my grandma's stone, but he didn't love the idea. Now, to be clear, he was thinking of a colored stone RHR for my gift, possible a Van Craeynest. He took me to see the VC rings, but they didn't have anything with a colored stone, and I started looking at the VC semi-mounts.

(Herein passes much time, and I'll leave it at having decided not to get a VC ring, and to not use my grandma's diamond. I'll finish that stone's story in another thread.)

I believe that there is the right kind of diamond for everyone. I am not a new diamond person; I love the old cuts for many reasons. And so I started thinking of an old cut e-ring. I searched high and low. I asked questions here, and other places. I bought and returned a stone. There was some major hand holding. And then in early May we found her, a 2.60 antique cushion cut in an original (not reproduction) vintage setting.

We found her in May(!) --- and here I am doing a reveal now. Yes, my husband made me wait nearly four months before I could wear this beauty on my finger. I named her, and put her in the bank. She got to visit once so I could pair her with some bands I was considering, but then she went back, and I waited. I think the time spent waiting to get married went faster than the time spent waiting for this beauty!

I'm not going to share how she was given to me; it was personal and special and very meaningful, and there were a lot of tears. I am perhaps the luckiest woman in the world to have spent 25 years married to such an incredible man.

Oops, I forgot stats. The stone is not certed; it was evaluated by David Atlas as equivalent to GIA L/SI1, eye clean, antique cushion cut, 46% table, 65.8% depth, 8.7 x 8.1.x 5.33 mm. The halo stones are OEC full cuts, estimated at .55CTTW.

Introducing Aurora (goddess of the dawn):

img_1860.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
Re: Good Things Come to Those Who Wait! (2.60 Antique Cushio

More photos, of course!

img_1863.jpg

p1030326.jpg

img_1870.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

img_2011.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

img_1872.jpg

img_1875.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

She has fluor!

p1030855.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is spectacular! I love the setting, and the stone is de-lish! And the fluor... omg! Congrats -

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

It's gorgeous! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning!
I just adore antique cushions!! :love: :love:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock

What a beautiful ring! It would've driven me batty waiting four months to wear it... Love that fluorescence. :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow!!! Holy mother of bling!! That is a stupendous stone in absolutely amazing setting! I love the bands you paired it with too! I'm so happy that you have your dream ring and it seems like it was well worth the wait!

Congrats on your new ring!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everyone! She is truly special. And a special shout out to Grace at Jewels by Erica Grace for helping to make this happen for me. I couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

You have far more patience than I ever could!!!! She's a beauty! And I love that the setting is original; that's such a bonus (well, and that fabulous fluor too!). Congrats on getting to finally wear this wonderful ring!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

You have the patience of a saint!!! :appl: Congratulations on your beautiful upgrade!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

That is gorgeous :lickout: Absolutely Magnificent!!! How wonderful that you have your dream ring :appl:
Congratulations and enjoy!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

WOW!

Everything is just WOW.

Love the bands that you have matched it to.
Love the flour!!!!

COngrats!!!!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is one incredible cushion. And the setting is absolutely perfect for it. Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Thanks! In those photos she's paired with a vintage single cut diamond platinum eternity band and my vintage 1939 Tiffany french cut eternity band. For day-to-day wear I've been pairing her with a thin vintage 1931 platinum wedding band that echoes her shank along with my vintage 1922 platinum and single cut diamond eternity band with milgrain. I think she likes hanging out with all the vintage bands!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy cow!!!!! Beautiful ring, great finger coverage & I love the sneaky way she lights up blue under UV as well!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You have a gorgeous ring and a wonderful husband! I really love that setting! :))

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

beautiful! And the flour is amazing! You waited a LONG time, I am so happy you found such a beautiful ring!!! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely stunning!!! You need to add this beauty to the cushion thread! :love: Congrats on your dream ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow!!! :love: That is an incredible ring! Honestly, I have a setting very similar to that (made by Singlestone) saved for my wish list! I can't believe you found an antique one! :appl: Love it! And happy anniversary!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, I saw this ring on the website and fell head over heels in love with it!! It is absolutely gorgeous and looks amazing on your hand! And it looks perfect with your bands, you must be so happy! What a great way to celebrate 25 years of marriage, congratulations! :appl:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1378604738|3516521 said:
Wow!!! :love: That is an incredible ring! Honestly, I have a setting very similar to that (made by Singlestone) saved for my wish list! I can't believe you found an antique one! :appl: Love it! And happy anniversary!!!

Thanks (and thanks everyone)! I'll admit I got a little worried when I saw the reproduction cushion show up at JbEG with an almost identical basket, and remembered that the fb page had originally stated that my cushion was a reproduction as well, so I contacted Grace and she said that David Atlas believed mine to be an original. Since I was having David appraise some other pieces for me I asked him too, and he said he considered the mounting to be an outstanding example for the period. So yay!!!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock

I love that ring,it seriously gives me butterflies! It looks so pretty paired with the antique bands and looks absolutely fabulous on your hand , what a wonderful story you told.

rileyl

Rough_Rock

Congratulations! And Happy 25th Anniversary.

Like you, I had a .25ct ering which I also wore for 25 years of marriage (our anniversary was Aug 6), and like you, I just upgraded as well, and also to an old cut!! I enjoyed reading your story as much as I enjoyed looking at your incredibly beautiful ring!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

rileyl|1378606640|3516542 said:
Congratulations! And Happy 25th Anniversary.

Like you, I had a .25ct ering which I also wore for 25 years of marriage (our anniversary was Aug 6), and like you, I just upgraded as well, and also to an old cut!! I enjoyed reading your story as much as I enjoyed looking at your incredibly beautiful ring!

Happy anniversary to you and your husband as well!!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I AM IN LOVE!!!!

This is absolutely perfect. I adore the setting and the stone just takes my breath away. Incredible!!!

Many congrats on 25 years of happy marriage!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

#1 - CONGRATULATIONS on 25 years of marriage--- I'm at 28 + years, and that's no small feat in this day and age - so, DEFINITELY congratulations on that milestone!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

#2 --- OMG!!! IS that not the most perfect AC *EVER*?!?! Its a BEAUTY!!! Enjoy that new spanking ring -- and its HUGE!! I adore the setting--- and fluoro to boot??? Wow - that is a FABULOUS anniversary present!!! :love: :appl: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amazing, just amazing! One of my PS favourites!

You lucky -- and patient -- ducky. I think I would have attacked my husband on day two of knowing the ring was in the house. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results