shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Return Policies, But No Ideal Scope or ASET Images?

Trl6347

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Been looking into the MMD world and trying to learn as much as I can to make an informed purchase. Several of the sites online that I’ve looked at come with the certificate report and even fewer seem to have a “360 or live view.” I’ve taken some things I’ve learned on this forum and have been running info on diamonds I’m looking at through the HCA to help narrow the options. My question is many of these websites and stones don’t have an ideal scope or ASET image to go with the certificate and upon inquiry many will not provide the images. However, most of the answers I’ve received state that they have generous return policies and lengthy return windows should the diamond not be up to individual standards. Has anyone dealt with this and would you recommend pulling the trigger with a good return policy, or would you simply eliminate those diamonds from your options and narrow down the overall selection pool. More specificly, I’ve been looking at the stones on clean origin based on the fact thats where I will be getting the setting from.

Thanks for the help!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good work using the HCA to help you filter stones :))

As you have found, not many MMD sellers have videos or IdealScope or ASETscope images :(

To confirm, you are looking at Modern Round Brilliant stones?

If you are, you could aim for 'safe' angles/measurements within the middle of the Pavilion angle and Crown angle ranges generally recommended on here:

Table: 54-58 or 59 %
Depth: 60-62.4%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6 - 40.9 degrees
Crown Angle: 34 - 35 degrees (up to 35.5 or even 36 with a shallow crown angle, i.e. 40.6)

If you aimed for 40.7 or 40.8 pavilion and 34.5-35 degree Crown, they would pair quite well together, and because they are in the middle of the range, there is less risk of an individual facet being outside the recommend ranges (because the stone will have had the varying angles of each of the crown and pavilion facets averaged for the grading report).

That would hopefully mean that none of the angles will cause leakage, meaning better performance of the stone.

Trl6347

Rough_Rock
Good work using the HCA to help you filter stones :))

As you have found, not many MMD sellers have videos or IdealScope or ASETscope images :(

To confirm, you are looking at Modern Round Brilliant stones?

If you are, you could aim for 'safe' angles/measurements within the middle of the Pavilion angle and Crown angle ranges generally recommended on here:

Table: 54-58 or 59 %
Depth: 60-62.4%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6 - 40.9 degrees
Crown Angle: 34 - 35 degrees (up to 35.5 or even 36 with a shallow crown angle, i.e. 40.6)

If you aimed for 40.7 or 40.8 pavilion and 34.5-35 degree Crown, they would pair quite well together, and because they are in the middle of the range, there is less risk of an individual facet being outside the recommend ranges (because the stone will have had the varying angles of each of the crown and pavilion facets averaged for the grading report).

That would hopefully mean that none of the angles will cause leakage, meaning better performance of the stone.

Correct! Looking for a modern round brilliant in the 1.00ct-1.10ct area and working with a budget of 4-5k for just the stone. Really just looking for the best diamond I can get in that range for an e ring.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct! Looking for a modern round brilliant in the 1.00ct-1.10ct area and working with a budget of 4-5k for just the stone. Really just looking for the best diamond I can get in that range for an e ring.
Hey,

Apologies for slow reply, I am busy busy but failing to get anything done! :( lol

Check out the sellers listed in the 'List of MMD Vendors' thread - if you find anything that catches your eye, you can get some feedback on it/them here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results