Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

It looks great!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks excellent!!! :love: IDJ for the win!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thumbs up. I wasn't looking in that price area due to your budget, but that's beautiful.

tboom1446

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'm way over budget at this point lol. I did finally get ahold of Ken and Dana design and I'm cutting it really close with the ship dates. They haven't made any gaurntee that it will make it on time. Does anyone know of any jewelers in Illinois that would have the ability to make a quality nature inspired setting like they do? I think I might have asked this already but throwing it out there.

https://shop.kenanddanadesign.com/c...que-engagement-rings-nature-inspired-laurel-1

I did finalize the purchase of the diamond and waiting for it :twirl:

My bank account has the flu :$$):

tboom1446

Rough_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to wrap this forum up with a little summary :D

First off, she did say "yes". Good way to start ;)2

Purchased the diamond last discussed from ID Jewelry:
GIA 3265469932 1.5ct "I" "VVS1" "Triple Excellent" "HCA 1.0"
Setting from Ken and Dana Design - Laurel rose gold 14k

Reviews:
I.D. Jewelry:
Yekutiel was honestly the best person I could have done business with. We must have spoken on the phone at least four times. Very responsive and understanding of concerns. He even played therapist when I got cold feet haha! The ring had been completed and in my possession, I was about to head out of town to propose and started second guessing the color. Yekutiel calmed me down and glad he did! The diamond purchase to me is what I consider fair value (the whole reason I started this thread) - $9k on GIA 3265469932. Customer support = $ invaluable.

Ken and Dana Design:
Very impressed with the quality and unique designs they produce. I couldn't be happier with the setting, my fiance is absolutely in love with it. That being said, their downfall is customer support. Doing business with them felt like trying to get a drink from a crowded bar. in the beginning I sent several emails to multiple addresses following with a phone call days later, which I was then assured they would email me back vs getting answers over the phone. It wasn't until I got a quote and paid immediately they even took me serious. They did get the final product to me on time after paying for expediting, paying for providing my own diamond, paying for shipping and so on.. I personally just did not have a great experience. Just one person's opinion but I think they need a nature inspired setting competitor. After all said and done it was roughly $2k - Brutal for the experience..

The Bling:
I attached a couple of photos, keep in mind this was just with my cell phone.. I'm still spending time with the completed ring that is now attached to my finance :kiss2:. It is very fiery and seems to give off a lot of different colors. It reflects blue at times which I thought was a little strange because their is no fluorescence. One of the photos shows the blue I'm talking about.

I just wanted to thank everyone one more time. I showed her the ring I almost bought before jumping on this forum and pricescope pretty much saved my butt. She would have wore it, but would not have been on cloud 9 like she is now. I've already recommended a few people to PS. What you guys do is fantastic.

@Lorelei
@ac117
@rockysalamander
@partgypsy
:appl::dance:

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to wrap this forum up with a little summary :D

First off, she did say "yes". Good way to start ;)2

Purchased the diamond last discussed from ID Jewelry:
GIA 3265469932 1.5ct "I" "VVS1" "Triple Excellent" "HCA 1.0"
Setting from Ken and Dana Design - Laurel rose gold 14k

Reviews:
I.D. Jewelry:
Yekutiel was honestly the best person I could have done business with. We must have spoken on the phone at least four times. Very responsive and understanding of concerns. He even played therapist when I got cold feet haha! The ring had been completed and in my possession, I was about to head out of town to propose and started second guessing the color. Yekutiel calmed me down and glad he did! The diamond purchase to me is what I consider fair value (the whole reason I started this thread) - $9k on GIA 3265469932. Customer support = $ invaluable.

Ken and Dana Design:
Very impressed with the quality and unique designs they produce. I couldn't be happier with the setting, my fiance is absolutely in love with it. That being said, their downfall is customer support. Doing business with them felt like trying to get a drink from a crowded bar. in the beginning I sent several emails to multiple addresses following with a phone call days later, which I was then assured they would email me back vs getting answers over the phone. It wasn't until I got a quote and paid immediately they even took me serious. They did get the final product to me on time after paying for expediting, paying for providing my own diamond, paying for shipping and so on.. I personally just did not have a great experience. Just one person's opinion but I think they need a nature inspired setting competitor. After all said and done it was roughly $2k - Brutal for the experience..

The Bling:
I attached a couple of photos, keep in mind this was just with my cell phone.. I'm still spending time with the completed ring that is now attached to my finance :kiss2:. It is very fiery and seems to give off a lot of different colors. It reflects blue at times which I thought was a little strange because their is no fluorescence. One of the photos shows the blue I'm talking about.

I just wanted to thank everyone one more time. I showed her the ring I almost bought before jumping on this forum and pricescope pretty much saved my butt. She would have wore it, but would not have been on cloud 9 like she is now. I've already recommended a few people to PS. What you guys do is fantastic.

@Lorelei
@ac117
@rockysalamander
@partgypsy
:appl::dance:

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

It's absolutely beautiful!! :love: Congratulations!! I've had the same experience with Yekutiel consistently over the years. Love working with him/IDJ team and never hesitate to recommend them. I'm sorry to hear your experience with K&D wasn't the same - truly unfortunate - but glad you didn't let it taint the entire process.

The blue you see is very likely a reflection of your environment - sky, shirt, phone case, walls, etc. Remember the dispersion of color you see is essentially the breakup of light into spectral colors aka colors of the rainbow.

Congrats again and thanks for coming back to show us the pics!!! :appl: you did an AMAZING job!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Lovely outcome. All the best to both of you.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As a tree lover and Packers fan, I love your photos and the ring. Very pretty nature-inspired design. Great job!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very glad you came and gave us an update. I've been wondering how things went. I'm glad the diamond part was good. It has been my experience that the skills and personality traits to be a good designer and those to have good customer service in one person are rare. IDJ is one of those rare finds.

I'm especially glad to hear SHE loved the design. You really put a huge amount of time and effort in that ring.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
it is absolutely beautiful! Great job!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the bad Ken and Dana experience, but her ring is just stunning!! You are such a sweet guy, trying to get her the perfect ring. It's spectacular! Well done.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you were able to get everything you were looking for, the size, the cut quality, and were able to get the design your fiance wanted! It is truly an heirloom.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just gorgeous, many congratulations!!:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results