shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold Testimonial: The Regent Experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bicky

Rough_Rock
I recently made a diamond purchase from Jonathan at Good Old Gold. To sum it up, the experience was excellent! I would like to thank the people involved in taking time to help consumers like me find the perfect diamond: Pricescope, Good Old Gold (Jonathan, Marie and Christen) and Cary Horowitz of Horowitz & Atlass. Here is my Regent experience…

Before buying any diamond, I started to do research on the web. I read a ton of material, and found some of the best detailed information about the 4C’s and advice on Jonathan's website and Pricescope. From the beginning I knew it had to be a square shaped stone. I looked at so many Princesses and Radiants and then finally came upon the Regent. I fell madly in love with the Regent diamond because of the hearts and arrows effect and its squarish shape.

After a month of research and reading forum posts and testimonials, I narrowed down my search to purchase from GOG because their site was by far the most informative. In the process of picking out a stone I emailed him several times with questions and requests to take more pictures of stones for comparison and he was very patient and accommodating each and every time. I found Jonathan's Regent inventory to be of a very high quality at very reasonable prices, but they didn’t really have much 1ct+ stones to choose from. So the search was on! I worked with Marie of GOG and Cary Horowitz (Regent cutter) via email and phone to get a list of available Regents in the 1 – 1.2 carat, D – G Color, VVS1 - VS2 range. They worked very hard to provide me with what I was looking for and were very quick to respond to my requests and questions. They even provided me BrillianceScope results for each diamond before I decide to call in the stone to the store. But before I called any diamond into the store, Jonathan purchased a bunch of new Regents! Lucky me
1.gif

My fiancé and I finally drove to Long Island, NY to meet Jonathan and hand select my Regent diamond. We finally decided on the 1.47 D VS1 Regent cut diamond with H&A. It was a bit larger than what I originally wanted and tad over our budget but we just fell in love with it. You’d have to see this stone in person to see how lovely and brilliant it is. Here are the stats:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent_1_47ct_d_vs1.htm

From beginning to end Jonathan has been prompt, professional and all the essential information he provides on his site is top notch in helping me make my purchase. To sum it all up, the whole diamond search and buying experience with Good Old Gold was very positive and a lot of that satisfaction comes from the service I experienced with Jonathan. You can work with Jonathan at a personal level; he is up front and honest about the quality of his stones. Jonathan is truly passionate about what he does.

We decided to get the Stuller 4 prong platinum setting. Here's a picture:
BW%20REG147DVS1%20finished.jpg

BBQ_Clams

Rough_Rock
The is a beautiful ring. I am also looking for a Regent cut around the same proportions. I have sent initial request to Marie at Good Old Gold and they have been very friendly. How long did it take you to find your ring? My girlfriend has hinted at an Elara (Flanders) but I think the Regent "POPs" more and nice cross between a round and square cut.

any advice for person interested in a Regent Cut

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
I was at GOG a few weeks ago. Jonathan showed me a ~1.6ct Regents that just came in. It was, how should I say, GORGEOUS.
love.gif

Way over my budget, but, I could upgrade in the future!!!!
9.gif

Congrats on a beautiful stone and ring.

bicky

Rough_Rock
I waited about 3 to 4 weeks to see and purchase the diamond after I initially inquired about them in early May. It took a long time only because the cutter wanted to take his inventory to the JCK show in Las Vegas (May 30 - June 3rd). But I think under normal circumstances, GOG can find you a diamond within a day or two to view.

bg1347

Rough_Rock
one question...

why buy such a nice stone and set it in a crappy setting like Stuller???

Hwangster

Rough_Rock
Ouch, that's uncalled for. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

bicky

Rough_Rock
I wanted the main focus to be the diamond so I didn't really need a fancy setting. It's simple and classic, I'm happy with it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Bicky, the stone and setting are simply wonderful and I think you did a GREAT job pairing up the stone with a setting that shows off the stone and nothing else!

Stuller settings are very nice, I love their split 8 prong (4 prongs split) similar type setting. Very simple and no wasted $!
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
hrm... crappy Stuller setting? Stuller happens to make some of the most finely crafted settings! All of their rings are well made and not at all chincy. Let me say this though... many people are not aware that Stuller does make cheaper tiffany style mountings and there are websites that offer them and they are cheaper and lighter mountings. Perhaps you were aquainted with "those" but when we order from them we always get their best made mountings and they are always QUALITY.

Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bicky, let me also express my thanks for your kind words offered on our behalf. Most of all we at GOG are happy that YOU are happy. That is the bottom line.

Warm regards,
Rhino

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Veeeeeery nice ring!
lickout.gif
lickout.gif
love.gif

Crappy setting?
nono.gif
nono.gif
eek.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Bicky!!!!

Don't you love newbies whose very first posts are something insulting?

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I find both stone and ring very eye appealing.

Be happy with your choices, bicky!

win

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the comments, Jonathan. I had been looking at Stuller settings recently, so the 'crappy' comment had me momentarily concerned. I like simple, classic lines so in my eyes that's a beautiful setting!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results