shape
carat
color
clarity

good jitters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Things are progressing with the ring and I''m really excited and I told Ocean today that I felt like I was giving birth and she was my midwife. She laughed :D I know I''m not the only person to ever have a ring done, but you''d think I thought I was LOL My best friend hasn''t had kids yet and when she does I know she''s going to think she''s the only one who has ever given birth LOL Or when you''re first in love and you think no one in the history of loving could have ever loved as much as you LOL I feel like such a dork and it is so hard for me not to share every detail, but I feel like things are finally getting there, that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel... I have so much to share and yet have nothing to share. I know I can''t be alone in feeling like this but when I read other people''s ring posts they seem so cool and calm and collected and I feel goofy and irrational LOL Working with Ocean has been such an amazing experience. I am so blessed. She is exactly what I needed. She''s more than I deserve. She is giving me more than a ring. To describe would do it no justice... There is something almost sacred about this process with her. I couldn''t have a better fit. I just had to ramble this out a bit... :)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
I know that we''ll all be excited for you to have your ring too, Cehra! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 7:44:07 PM
Author: IrishAngel
36.gif
I know that we''ll all be excited for you to have your ring too, Cehra! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you!
thank you :) And you might even have yours before that! hah! :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Cehra--I'm excited FOR you!!!

And I love the giving birth/having a ring made analogy, LOL. I always roll my eyes at women who describe their pregnancy and labor as if they are the only woman on the planet to ever produce offspring*... and then I think of what a nut I was through the whole Kelege process. Although sometimes I think "delivering" that setting might have been easier than the process I did go through to get it...
20.gif

(*This statement comes from someone whose only "child" was purchased for $55 dollars at the local pound, so no offense meant to anyone who actually HAS produced offspring.
9.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra,
Were you round during my asscher saga?? I don''t think so, but went through quite an ordeal as well. I know exactly how YOU feel. And I am so happy for you. I can''t wait to see your ring. I know everyone wants to see it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I can''t imagine. I''m so excited for you and I can''t wait to see what Ocean''s come up with for you! So exciting.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Cehra,

I''ve been silently following your story (and your cruel April Fools joke got me as well!) and I am so glad to hear you are so thrilled with the progress you''ve made with Ocean...and I cannot wait to see the finished product!!!

~K

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyyy! I can''t wait to see it!!! Glad to hear Ocean has been great to work with. Slightly off topic...Your giving birth to a ring analogy reminded me of what DH always says about me. He says that I am so tense and wound up all of the time that if he fed me coal I could compress it and *produce* a diamond. Anyway, when is the ''baby'' due? Mid June I thought you said?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 8:01:24 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Ooh Cehra--I''m excited FOR you!!!

And I love the giving birth/having a ring made analogy, LOL. I always roll my eyes at women who describe their pregnancy and labor as if they are the only woman on the planet to ever produce offspring*... and then I think of what a nut I was through the whole Kelege process. Although sometimes I think ''delivering'' that setting might have been easier than the process I did go through to get it...
20.gif

(*This statement comes from someone whose only ''child'' was purchased for $55 dollars at the local pound, so no offense meant to anyone who actually HAS produced offspring.
9.gif
)
bahaha if only their heads were that small!!!!! ;D

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 8:18:45 PM
Author: Gypsy
Oh I can''t imagine. I''m so excited for you and I can''t wait to see what Ocean''s come up with for you! So exciting.
I wish I could give you what ocean came up with but in the end I went with my design because it was "home" for so many reasons it would take an hour to list them all. I will say her designs are more beautiful and more genius than mine could ever be, but after so many months of going to sleep seeing "my" ring in my head and the 50 or so pics of waxes of it, that had to be born and she graciously has undertaken this. She deserves free reign. I''m letting her design the ruby part - I have NO idea what she''s going to do there... and of course her exquisite finesse will touch every curve and line so the flavor will be different than what you''ve seen... far more elegant and less clunky for sure. No offence to wink or anything, but he undersold her. I have to give him a firm talking to! Ocean Pearlman is very elite and you all just don''t know it yet. I can''t tell you how lucky I feel!!! I wish I could have her do a dozen rings for me so you could see her versatility and her creativity. I feel like I have gravely undervalued her by asking her to do my ring. She would think I''m being silly because she just wants me to be happy and... I just can''t say enough good stuff about her. EVERY time I talk to her I am overcome with this serenity that is almost magical. I feel so peaceful about everything in life and it lingers... when we first started talking the feeling would go away shortly after the talks ended... and now the feeling lasts a few hours... I cannot even find words for how I feel about carrying a bit of her with me every day. To try just sounds corny!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 8:06:42 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Cehra,
Were you round during my asscher saga?? I don''t think so, but went through quite an ordeal as well. I know exactly how YOU feel. And I am so happy for you. I can''t wait to see your ring. I know everyone wants to see it.
no.... but your oval leon experience was so quick I barely blinked and it was on your finger!!! I should go back and read, but in a nutshell, what happened?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 8:28:52 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Cehra,

I''ve been silently following your story (and your cruel April Fools joke got me as well!) and I am so glad to hear you are so thrilled with the progress you''ve made with Ocean...and I cannot wait to see the finished product!!!

~K
oh that was fun hehe... timing couldn''t have been better... :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 9:20:22 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 4/6/2007 8:18:45 PM

I wish I could give you what ocean came up with but in the end I went with my design because it was ''home'' for so many reasons it would take an hour to list them all. I will say her designs are more beautiful and more genius than mine could ever be, but after so many months of going to sleep seeing ''my'' ring in my head and the 50 or so pics of waxes of it, that had to be born and she graciously has undertaken this. She deserves free reign. I''m letting her design the ruby part - I have NO idea what she''s going to do there... and of course her exquisite finesse will touch every curve and line so the flavor will be different than what you''ve seen... far more elegant and less clunky for sure. No offence to wink or anything, but he undersold her. I have to give him a firm talking to! Ocean Pearlman is very elite and you all just don''t know it yet. I can''t tell you how lucky I feel!!! I wish I could have her do a dozen rings for me so you could see her versatility and her creativity. I feel like I have gravely undervalued her by asking her to do my ring. She would think I''m being silly because she just wants me to be happy and... I just can''t say enough good stuff about her. EVERY time I talk to her I am overcome with this serenity that is almost magical. I feel so peaceful about everything in life and it lingers... when we first started talking the feeling would go away shortly after the talks ended... and now the feeling lasts a few hours... I cannot even find words for how I feel about carrying a bit of her with me every day. To try just sounds corny!!
Alright as if the wait wasn''t already unbearable. Now I''m insanely curious!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 8:32:38 PM
Author: Miranda
Yayyyyy! I can''t wait to see it!!! Glad to hear Ocean has been great to work with. Slightly off topic...Your giving birth to a ring analogy reminded me of what DH always says about me. He says that I am so tense and wound up all of the time that if he fed me coal I could compress it and *produce* a diamond. Anyway, when is the ''baby'' due? Mid June I thought you said?
LMAO!!! if only it were so easy to poop diamonds... hehe (though if that were true, we mightnot find them as magical LOL)

I got the go ahead for the ring for my 15th anniversary late June... came here a couple days later I thinik my anniversary date here is 6/29? And thus the search began. Two months later I had the stone... as for when I''ll get it I dunno, but no later than my 16th annivesary I imagine. It will be done before that, but when it gets here it doesn''t go to me. It goes to the dh. This is after all my belated ENGAGMENT ring and dernit, he''s gonna have to propose again ;-) Fifteen years of marriage with NO diamond... will be worth the wait!! And I have no idea if he''ll just throw it at me or put it in a drawer to torture me for a month LOL I don''t imagine he''ll take TOO long since he thinks its a waste of money not to have it on my finger LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 9:24:05 PM

Alright as if the wait wasn''t already unbearable. Now I''m insanely curious!!!
I''m sorry... I try not to talk about it and I have been good mostly. I just feel like I''m bursting today! I probably won''t bring it up again so....

but there is one part of it I do want to talk about... we''re using single cut melee for the ring and I''m excited about that but I haven''t seen any good pics of it and I''d really like to. I know Leon uses it sometimes but I wish I knew which rings... and has he not used it on any of the PSer rings? it seems like there should be at least someone who could come forward with pics of their ring and the single cut melee! I have some single cut fake stuff and I adore it, but I dunno... its that itch you want scratched and can''t find pics!!!!!

And like I mentioned before, she uses the same plat alloy that MWM uses and knowing that erased the last bit of concern I had about going to platinum. I still am a little bummed about that creamy light yellow look, but this plat blend is supposed to be harder and hold its shine and texture better... and it is also a little whiter she says and its the grey of plat that I''m not particularly fond of. It''s going to look so nice to have 8 super shiny prongs cupping my stone!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Cehra, if you look at the melee on my yellow gold ring it is single cut. They sparkle like mad! Now you have me totally curious. Hardly any new rings lately on the show me forum, and I hope you get to have it all to yourself for a few days. Then there will probably be a flood of new rings -- kind of like all the women who give birth during a full moon, LOL!

But I don''t think I can wait until late June. I''m never one to suggest it but in this case, can''t you have your labor induced??? My calendar is open next week.
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 9:55:25 PM
Author: lumpkin
Cehra, if you look at the melee on my yellow gold ring it is single cut. They sparkle like mad! Now you have me totally curious. Hardly any new rings lately on the show me forum, and I hope you get to have it all to yourself for a few days. Then there will probably be a flood of new rings -- kind of like all the women who give birth during a full moon, LOL!

But I don''t think I can wait until late June. I''m never one to suggest it but in this case, can''t you have your labor induced??? My calendar is open next week.
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif
Oh I don''t think it''ll be ready next week... could you imagine? LOL! I had a flutter just now. What a goof!!

Okay now I need to go back and look at your ring... the ring with the bags that is sooooo like one I almost got?

And I don''t care about sharing the spotlight - in fact it''d be nice. I know *I* am going to love the ring, but my tastes are kinda quirky and I don''t know if it will be to anyone else''s liking. I wish for Ocean''s sake that I''d gone with her design so that her first real foray into PSland would be a genius creation of her own. If I get a chance to have her do a RHR for me I''ll snatch it up! I actually have regret for not going with her design, but I would have regretted it more not to go with my original for many more personal reasons. I''m glad there is the ruby part I can set her free on as I had no preconceived ideas of how that should be. I think for the most part everyone will just be glad to hear me SHUT UP about the design process LOL And I''ll be so excited to take all new pics with something so much better than tweezers holding it LOL

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
What about doing your vows again in June? Have a big family reunion and a ceremony, and use the new ring. Cool. (Late night random thinking here...
35.gif
)

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 10:40:58 PM

Oh I don''t think it''ll be ready next week... could you imagine? LOL! I had a flutter just now. What a goof!!

Okay now I need to go back and look at your ring... the ring with the bags that is sooooo like one I almost got?

And I don''t care about sharing the spotlight - in fact it''d be nice. I know *I* am going to love the ring, but my tastes are kinda quirky and I don''t know if it will be to anyone else''s liking. I wish for Ocean''s sake that I''d gone with her design so that her first real foray into PSland would be a genius creation of her own. If I get a chance to have her do a RHR for me I''ll snatch it up! I actually have regret for not going with her design, but I would have regretted it more not to go with my original for many more personal reasons. I''m glad there is the ruby part I can set her free on as I had no preconceived ideas of how that should be. I think for the most part everyone will just be glad to hear me SHUT UP about the design process LOL And I''ll be so excited to take all new pics with something so much better than tweezers holding it LOL
I think you felt your baby kick!.

Yes the ring you mentioned is the one.

So there''s a ruby involved??? Now I''m really curious, LOL!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 12:21:08 AM
Author: justjulia
What about doing your vows again in June? Have a big family reunion and a ceremony, and use the new ring. Cool. (Late night random thinking here...
35.gif
)
I think something private like this would be in order :) I''ve been planning another renewal (we had one on our 2nd lol) for our 25th and even saved a bunch of the cute little napkins from when we married for it LOL Is there a limit to how many renewals a couple can have? LOL!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 12:49:28 AM

Not one ruby but three smaller rubies.... the ring is kinda reversable. The rubies are going to be set on the underside of the shank (not the inside). OUr three children are all born in july so it is a tribute to them and I''m leaving the design of that up to ocean.... she was thinking cab rubies but now it is undecided and I''m not sure which she''ll choose. Anyway she said I could feel the rubies like braile dots to think of my kids... and if I''m in a place i dn''t want to be wearing an almost 3 carat stone, I can ut the diamond in my palm and have a pretty ruby mother''s ring showing :) It really is a ''one ring to rule them all'' sort of thing.... no upgrades here! I''m so excited!!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 1:34:00 AM

Date: 4/7/2007 12:21:08 AM
35.gif
)
I think something private like this would be in order :) I''ve been planning another renewal (we had one on our 2nd lol) for our 25th and even saved a bunch of the cute little napkins from when we married for it LOL Is there a limit to how many renewals a couple can have? LOL!!!
Well, I guess wait then. Refresh my memory and tell me when your 25th will be? (How many yrs left?)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cehra you''ve come to the right place to share your excitement and we never tire of hearing the details. I am glad that you found a designer whose work inspires you and it sounds like you will have an amazing treasure when your ring is done. I admire the fact that you had a vision and were willing to put in the time and effort to see it through. Going custom like that would be too stressful for me, but your ring is going to be something really special.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 1:46:54 AM

Not one ruby but three smaller rubies.... the ring is kinda reversable. The rubies are going to be set on the underside of the shank (not the inside). OUr three children are all born in july so it is a tribute to them and I''m leaving the design of that up to ocean.... she was thinking cab rubies but now it is undecided and I''m not sure which she''ll choose. Anyway she said I could feel the rubies like braile dots to think of my kids... and if I''m in a place i dn''t want to be wearing an almost 3 carat stone, I can ut the diamond in my palm and have a pretty ruby mother''s ring showing :) It really is a ''one ring to rule them all'' sort of thing.... no upgrades here! I''m so excited!!!
Now that is so unique, and very clever, I love it!!

I really can''t wait to see it.
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 10:26:46 AM
Author: Ellen

5.gif

Very cool!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock

Date: 4/7/2007 12:49:28 AM

Oh my goodness, that sounds so beautiful...I can''t wait!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 8:01:24 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Ooh Cehra--I''m excited FOR you!!!

And I love the giving birth/having a ring made analogy, LOL. I always roll my eyes at women who describe their pregnancy and labor as if they are the only woman on the planet to ever produce offspring*... and then I think of what a nut I was through the whole Kelege process. Although sometimes I think ''delivering'' that setting might have been easier than the process I did go through to get it...
20.gif

(*This statement comes from someone whose only ''child'' was purchased for $55 dollars at the local pound, so no offense meant to anyone who actually HAS produced offspring.
9.gif
)

HAHAHHA - lmao

Too funny!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 10:26:46 AM
Author: Ellen

5.gif
Ditto - that does sound like a really cool premise.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Cehra, I am so excited for you! We are enjoying hearing some details, even if they are teasers, about how things are going. You sound really excited in your postings. If the ring meets all your expectations (along with that amazing stone we know you absolutely adore) it will be nothing less than spectacular. You have me so curious because, by your own admission, you like the different and quirky. I remember when I was asking for setting advice for my cushion you were not afraid to choose the setting that was different from everyone else''s choice. I think it''s great that you recognize your individuality and you embrace it. I wish you the best as you go forward and decisions are made. I can''t wait until it is here and you share with everyone. Good luck!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 7:23:58 AM

Date: 4/7/2007 1:34:00 AM

Well, I guess wait then. Refresh my memory and tell me when your 25th will be? (How many yrs left?)
We got married at the justice of the peace on a wednesday in 1991 so that we could plan a big renewal two years later - that''s when I got my anniversary band. So finally got the go ahead for my "engagement ring" for my 15th anniversary and now almost a year later it will be done... so the 25th is going to be in 9 years.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results