shape
carat
color
clarity

good jitters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 11:55:25 AM
Author: dianne
Hi Cehra, I am so excited for you! We are enjoying hearing some details, even if they are teasers, about how things are going. You sound really excited in your postings. If the ring meets all your expectations (along with that amazing stone we know you absolutely adore) it will be nothing less than spectacular. You have me so curious because, by your own admission, you like the different and quirky. I remember when I was asking for setting advice for my cushion you were not afraid to choose the setting that was different from everyone else''s choice. I think it''s great that you recognize your individuality and you embrace it. I wish you the best as you go forward and decisions are made. I can''t wait until it is here and you share with everyone. Good luck!
Thank you :) You weren''t around yet but a lot of this is already been told, people either just don''t remember or weren''t there when we talked about it. That''s okay. Its hard to get everyone''s rings straight - especially the ones that aren''t made yet and are still being negotiated and designed! I don''t just like quirky - I like everything! LOL!! I do think though that if you''re going to get a ring that is going to hold its own for 30 years or more, you have 3 choices: 1. choose something totally classic that never ever goes out of style. 2. have something totally unique that never quite comes into style. or 3. accept that your ring will give away your age ;-) My wedding band is #1. Plain gold band. Doesn''t get more classic than that! There isn''t even milgrain or etching - just plain gold band. My anniversary band is #3. Yellow gold channel set 1/2 ctw. This "engagement ring" will most fall under #2. Too unusual to ever be in style on its own to pin a date to :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 9:55:25 PM
Author: lumpkin
Cehra, if you look at the melee on my yellow gold ring it is single cut. They sparkle like mad!
I went back and looked at your ring but I couldn''t see the diamonds very close
7.gif
Which do you prefer? the singles or like the H&A? I think the singles will look better with my stone and my ring, but of course I still question everything! LOL

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have been patient creating this ring, and I know you will love it once you get it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 11:56:42 PM
Author: diamondfan
You have been patient creating this ring, and I know you will love it once you get it!
Thank you DF :) I''ve looked patient? he! I''ve always said I wasn''t in a hurry but I really thought I''d be done long before now and I know my dh wishes I was! I thought I''d have my new ring to wear to thanksgiving! But you know, everything works out... and I''m sure I''ll love it far more now :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing good comes easy or good things are worth waiting for...some such nonsense, anyway!

I am sure you have been patient at SOME point!
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 12:18:35 PM
Author: diamondfan
Nothing good comes easy or good things are worth waiting for...some such nonsense, anyway!

I am sure you have been patient at SOME point!
2.gif
well... I''ve tried the patience of the PSers, that''s for sure!!!
2.gif
Its funny because I am feeling impatient again... I was feeling patient to find the stone and then it found me and the moment I saw the info online I HAD to have it NOW and no other stone made me reach out and buy like that... over 2 months! Then I was in no hurry to set it for a time, was still getting to know the stone and what I wanted, then I figured out what I wanted and *bam* impatience! I tried to be patient while the jeweler worked on it but she got sicker and sicker and I started really getting impatient and finally I took the stone back and said I''d take until after the holidays - probably after valentine''s - to get back on it so for a long time I was patient again... then just since friday I''m feeling impatient again, restless and excited and uncomfortable in that good way.

I am SOOOOOOO glad to have you guys, no one else in my life can stand discussing diamonds for more than a minute!!!! LOL And 45 seconds of it is - "is your ring done yet?"

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 7:52:20 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 4/6/2007 7:44:07 PM
Author: IrishAngel
36.gif
I know that we''ll all be excited for you to have your ring too, Cehra! I hope the next few weeks fly by for you!
thank you :) And you might even have yours before that! hah! :D
I don''t know about that Cehra, but wishful thinking never hurt anybody right? I''m very excited to see your ring now...I''m a July baby and I think setting the rubies on the bottom of the shank is a wonderful and cool idea!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is also that you have been determined, maybe that is a better word...you have persevered and really kept at it. Luckily you have PS to come to when you are feeling frustrated...since most of our in real life pals are not as obsessed as we are! Can''t wait to see it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra, I saw this thread and was excited to hear that your ring is underway. Unfortunately I haven''t had many spare seconds to be on PS or work on my own ring, so I somehow always seem to miss threads about your progress. So please forgive me if I sound dumb, but who is Ocean? Is there a thread with pictures of the design you are going with? I would love to see them. Thanks!! Look forward to seeing the end product!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 5:22:16 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Cehrabehra, I saw this thread and was excited to hear that your ring is underway. Unfortunately I haven''t had many spare seconds to be on PS or work on my own ring, so I somehow always seem to miss threads about your progress. So please forgive me if I sound dumb, but who is Ocean? Is there a thread with pictures of the design you are going with? I would love to see them. Thanks!! Look forward to seeing the end product!!
Ocean is Ocean Pearlman :) She''s in Tucson and really amazing. I haven''t posted any new pictures, and even though the design is the same basic design as before, I would really hate to make an association between the jeweler I worked with before and Ocean, because Ocean is really amazing :)

I hope things are going well with you and that all of the reasons that keep you away and busy are GOOD reasons! :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 11:58:56 PM
Author: Skippy123
Cehra,
I just read this story. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-story.48159/
I love it; I read it to my hubby and we laughed about the buffalo! LOL
9.gif

All girls need the proposal to be perfect, right
31.gif
LOL I still look back and laugh... I''ve got to wonder what he''s going to do about giving me this "engagement" ring when it is done... I am not holding my breath for more than a few words and a racy eyebrow wiggle LOL

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yayyyyy!!!! Congrats Cehra, I can''t wait to see the pictures!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra,
I never knew the scale of your diamond until I saw it on your thumb in rocky talk. It is huge and gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
I can't wait to see the stone set.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 6:55:05 PM
Author: Skippy123
Cehra,
I never knew the scale of your diamond until I saw it on your thumb in rocky talk. It is huge and gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to see the stone set.
cbOMC127.jpg

this one? Yeah that temp setting is so high it makes it look even bigger LOL Not that its small, but it doesn''t actually cover as much thumbnail real estate as the picture implies LOL I love how you can see my red polish through the culet! hehe You couldn''t really see that in the small pic I posted with the other info. And thank you :)

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Cehrabehra, I am so happy for you.
36.gif
36.gif

What does your setting look like? Please tell
31.gif
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 2:56:29 PM
Author: Lucyh
Cehrabehra, I am so happy for you.
36.gif
36.gif

What does your setting look like? Please tell
31.gif
31.gif
LOL! :D I thought everyone knew all my sagas by now ;-) the ring is in the process of being designed and made by Ocean Pearlman in Arizona. The ring is somewhere between 4-6mm wide (I don''t know yet what she decided) and has a bevel set row of melee down each side set at a 45* angle, and the head is made of intersecting arches that come from a high polished/mirrored bowl under the diamond to 8 prongs... the area between the rows of melee will be matte of some texture undetermined and three rubies (all 3 of my kids are july babies) set in the underside of the shank so the ring is essentially reversable. I have no idea what sort of design the rubies will be in either... I was kinda stubborn about all the stuff I mentioned so I tried to leave areas that I could let her imagination be free. We''ll see what happens! :)

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! That sounds beautiful. I can''t wait to see pictures!!! I love the idea of the rubies representing your childrens birth stone. That is lovely.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 9:45:08 PM
Author: Lucyh
WOW!!! That sounds beautiful. I can''t wait to see pictures!!! I love the idea of the rubies representing your childrens birth stone. That is lovely.
thank you :) after months and months I feel such a sense of peace now.... :)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sara -- I cannot wait to see this ring! It sounds chock-full of meaning, uniqueness, creativity! Single-cut melee? Be still my heart. 3 rubies representing your kids? Awww. This ring-setting has been quite a journey for you but it all led up to this...no wonder you''re feeling such a sense of peace.

I come back often to ogle your cushion. It''s my absolute favorite on PS. The chunkiest facets I''ve ever seen!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad it is all working out, you deserve it!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see this beauty!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks you guys - you all just make my insides feel warm and mushy :) In a good way - not like in that other thread ;-) hahaha!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a progress report? (Tapping foot on floor.)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 8:36:08 PM
Nope... LOL I want her to enjoy the process and take her time :) Don''t get too restless... I won''t be posting pictures until its on my finger and that could be months!! ;-)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 1:45:22 PM

Nope... LOL I want her to enjoy the process and take her time :) Don't get too restless... I won't be posting pictures until its on my finger and that could be months!! ;-)
Hmmm, I have something that might take your mind off your ring.

But, I'm not tellin what it is. You'll have to wait, for the peetures.
9.gif

wobble.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 6:41:31 PM
Author: Ellen

Nope... LOL I want her to enjoy the process and take her time :) Don''t get too restless... I won''t be posting pictures until its on my finger and that could be months!! ;-)

But, I''m not tellin what it is. You''ll have to wait, for the peetures.
9.gif

Hmmm, what little secret is Ellen keeping??? Inquiring minds, you know!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

9.gif
you''re sending me your aqua????!!!!???? Well that''s just AWESOME!!!! ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
Okay, Ellen...spill it.
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 8:38:34 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

9.gif
Okay, Ellen...spill it.
31.gif
Yeah, you can''t leave us hanging like that!!
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results