shape
carat
color
clarity

good jitters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cehra,

This thread makes me wonder about something. How much time does a ring maker spend to make a ring? I mean, if the ring costs, say $2000 (made-up number), and they spend 50 hours, then they''d make $40 an hour. Or 100 hours would be $20 an hour. Or 200 hours would be $10 an hour. I''m just curious because when they keep a stone for weeks and weeks, are they not working on it some days at all? You''d think if they worked on one ring until it was finished, it wouldn''t take more than a couple of weeks. I realize it depends on the complexity of a ring, but I wonder how much time it really takes to do the actual work.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 8:43:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Cehra,

This thread makes me wonder about something. How much time does a ring maker spend to make a ring? I mean, if the ring costs, say $2000 (made-up number), and they spend 50 hours, then they''d make $40 an hour. Or 100 hours would be $20 an hour. Or 200 hours would be $10 an hour. I''m just curious because when they keep a stone for weeks and weeks, are they not working on it some days at all? You''d think if they worked on one ring until it was finished, it wouldn''t take more than a couple of weeks. I realize it depends on the complexity of a ring, but I wonder how much time it really takes to do the actual work.
That''s a good question! my husband was sitting here and said, "that''s a good question" too LOL

I''m sure every ring is different, but I know Ocean put in many hours before she even had my stone. We''ve spent at least 10 hours on the phone just talking. Probably more. And right now she''s developing the wax. Now, initially she really wasn''t connected to the design I requested from her so there was a divergence for a couple weeks while we explored some other ideas (it''s amazing to see how she works and what she comes up with - she is way brilliant and creative when left to her *own* devices) but in the end I had my heart set on my original design and so it has gone from there. I think my ring is more complicated and involved than others might be... and not all of our conversations have been about the ring... some of what we discuss has to do with where I am, where she is, what I meaning I want in my life, in my ring, what this symbolizes, what qualities I want as well as what characteristics.... it all comes back to the ring but it isn''t strictly about design.... its also about motivation and meaning... some parts are probably too corny to mention, some too personal...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 8:16:43 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 4/25/2007 6:41:31 PM
Author: Ellen

Hmmm, I have something that might take your mind off your ring.

But, I''m not tellin what it is. You''ll have to wait, for the peetures.
9.gif
you''re sending me your aqua????!!!!???? Well that''s just AWESOME!!!! ;-)
OMG That cracked me up.
9.gif

Won''t be long now my pretties.....
27.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 7:35:54 AM

Date: 4/25/2007 8:16:43 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 4/25/2007 6:41:31 PM

Hmmm, I have something that might take your mind off your ring.

But, I''m not tellin what it is. You''ll have to wait, for the peetures.
9.gif
you''re sending me your aqua????!!!!???? Well that''s just AWESOME!!!! ;-)
OMG That cracked me up.
9.gif

Won''t be long now my pretties.....
27.gif
Ellen, you have a ring for each hand, I seriously think you should send me the aqua :D Match my eyes
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results