shape
carat
color
clarity

Good diamond? Opinions appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rock newbie

Rough_Rock
First of all, I would like to thank members on this forum for providing valuable, educational information. I discovered this web site about 24 hours ago and have not been able to tear myself away from it. I just wish that I had discovered it a lot earlier.

Opinions on the following stone is greatly appreciated. It scored a 2.8 on the HCA:

GIA certified
Shape: Round Brilliant
Meas: 7.21 - 7.25 x 4.44 mm
Weight: 1.41 carat
Depth: 61.4%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity: VS2
Color Grade: H
Fluorescence: Strong Blue

The jewler also gave me the following info:

Crown Angle: 34.5%
Pavillion Angle: 41.2%

I'm not sure how the 'Strong Blue' fluorescence will affect the 'H' color stone (my eyes had gone almost blind after seeing 7 different stones) . I've done some research on fluorescence but am still a little unsure. Also, is the asking price of $8,200 fair?

Thanks a bunch! :))

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not loving this one. The cut isn't that great and neither is the price. Try the Search by Cut Quality on pricescope and you may find something that is better cut for similar money.

rock newbie

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/26/2002 2:01:46 PM

I'm not loving this one. The cut isn't that great and neither is the price. Try the Search by Cut Quality on pricescope and you may find something that is better cut for similar money.

----------------

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please explain which part of the cut isn't attractive (table? pavillion angle?)? Do you also think the strong blue fluorescence is a big minus? Thanks.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Hi Rock :))

Welcome to the forum....it is a great site!

Lawmax will probably comment more on the cut of the stone. As far as flourescence goes if it is not overly strong it can be an asset to the diamond making it appear whiter. Your H stone may look like a G color. If though the flourescence is too strong the diamond can appear milky or oily. Lawmax and I prefer diamonds with flourescence. I have an E color stone with strong flourescence and just love it.

Good luck in your search.

roderick

Rough_Rock
Hi if you shopped around you could pick it up for about $6874 I could try and find one for you with out flourescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results