shape
carat
color
clarity

Good diamond? Opinions appreciated.

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by rock newbie, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. rock newbie
    Rough_Rock

by rock newbie » Mar 26, 2002
    First of all, I would like to thank members on this forum for providing valuable, educational information. I discovered this web site about 24 hours ago and have not been able to tear myself away from it. I just wish that I had discovered it a lot earlier.

Opinions on the following stone is greatly appreciated. It scored a 2.8 on the HCA:

GIA certified
    Shape: Round Brilliant
    Meas: 7.21 - 7.25 x 4.44 mm
    Weight: 1.41 carat
    Depth: 61.4%
    Table: 59%
    Girdle: Thin to Medium
    Culet: None
    Polish: Very Good
    Symmetry: Very Good
    Clarity: VS2
    Color Grade: H
    Fluorescence: Strong Blue

The jewler also gave me the following info:

Crown Angle: 34.5%
    Pavillion Angle: 41.2%

I'm not sure how the 'Strong Blue' fluorescence will affect the 'H' color stone (my eyes had gone almost blind after seeing 7 different stones) . I've done some research on fluorescence but am still a little unsure. Also, is the asking price of $8,200 fair?

Thanks a bunch! :))

2. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » Mar 26, 2002
    I'm not loving this one. The cut isn't that great and neither is the price. Try the Search by Cut Quality on pricescope and you may find something that is better cut for similar money.

3. rock newbie
    Rough_Rock

by rock newbie » Mar 26, 2002
    ----------------
    On 3/26/2002 2:01:46 PM

I'm not loving this one. The cut isn't that great and neither is the price. Try the Search by Cut Quality on pricescope and you may find something that is better cut for similar money.

----------------

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please explain which part of the cut isn't attractive (table? pavillion angle?)? Do you also think the strong blue fluorescence is a big minus? Thanks.

4. ladyluck
    Rough_Rock

by ladyluck » Mar 26, 2002
    Hi Rock :))

Welcome to the forum....it is a great site!

Lawmax will probably comment more on the cut of the stone. As far as flourescence goes if it is not overly strong it can be an asset to the diamond making it appear whiter. Your H stone may look like a G color. If though the flourescence is too strong the diamond can appear milky or oily. Lawmax and I prefer diamonds with flourescence. I have an E color stone with strong flourescence and just love it.

Good luck in your search.

5. roderick
    Rough_Rock

by roderick » Mar 26, 2002
    Hi if you shopped around you could pick it up for about $6874 I could try and find one for you with out flourescence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.