shape
carat
color
clarity

Gonna'' soon buy the engagement diamond... how does this look??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eggy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!
19.gif

Not really new to visiting this forum, but this is my first time posting. And even though I''ve never asked any questions before, you really have provided me with excellent information over the past month or two (just by me reading other people''s posts)!

Anyway, I plan to purchase an engagement diamond soon and I was wondering if you could look over these specs and see any warning signs that pop out. Looks good to me, but so many of you have so much more experience than I do... and I still feel like there is much to learn. Sorry, I can''t provide and pictures to go with it
8.gif

Depth: 60.8%
Table: 56%
Crown: 35%
Pavilion: 40.8%
Very Small Culet
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Finish
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Florescence: None

Thank-you!
Eggy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 3:29:51 PM
Author:eggy
Hi Everyone!
19.gif

Not really new to visiting this forum, but this is my first time posting. And even though I've never asked any questions before, you really have provided me with excellent information over the past month or two (just by me reading other people's posts)!

Anyway, I plan to purchase an engagement diamond soon and I was wondering if you could look over these specs and see any warning signs that pop out. Looks good to me, but so many of you have so much more experience than I do... and I still feel like there is much to learn. Sorry, I can't provide and pictures to go with it
8.gif

Depth: 60.8%
Table: 56%
Crown: 35%
Pavilion: 40.8%
Very Small Culet
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Finish
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Florescence: None

Thank-you!
Eggy
LOL! Hi eggy, love the name!!

The diamond has potential, have you seen it in person or is it online? I take it the diamond is GIA graded? Do you also have the star and lower girdle facet percentages too please? These will be on the diamond diagram on the report if you look, will say something like 50% toward the top and 75% toward the bottom.

Do you also have the carat weight, diameter in mm and girdle thickness too please?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi eggy,

It certainly has potential! Any chance of an IS/ASET/Sarin report?

eggy

Rough_Rock
Thanks, it was a childhood nickname that never really went away
41.gif

Yes, it is a GIA certified diamond which I saw online. I believe (if I''m reading the report correctly) that the the star is 55% and the lower girdle facet is 85%

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 3:39:28 PM
Author: eggy
Thanks, it was a childhood nickname that never really went away
41.gif

Yes, it is a GIA certified diamond which I saw online. I believe (if I'm reading the report correctly) that the the star is 55% and the lower girdle facet is 85%
Hehehe! I think its adorable!
9.gif

Ok those measurements look good, the LGF will be a bit longer than some which I happen to particularly like, any arrows that might be seen will look thin and " splintery" with a pin type flash effect whereas with shorter LGF's you can see chunkier flashes - I enjoy that look of "pinflash". As Ellen says is there any chance of some more info such as images? If you can see it in person then see if you can check it out away from any store lights to see how it appeals to you in plain daylight.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
numbers look promising.

eggy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! I will try yo get images from the vendor to post. In the meantime, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 3:45:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I will try yo get images from the vendor to post. In the meantime, hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you eggy and I hope you do too, if you need any more assistance El and I will be around at the weekend
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 3:47:27 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 9/4/2009 3:45:41 PM
Thank you eggy and I hope you do too, if you need any more assistance El and I will be around at the weekend
35.gif
Indeed, and have a great weekend yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results