Antique or Clean and Classic?

• Antique styling

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Clean and Classic

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
If you had to choose would you rather have golden antique or platinum glam?

I’m always torn between:

1) the warm wonky rainbows of an antique cut stone with a rich old world golden setting

and

2) the crisp white classic style of a colorless stone in shining platinum (something along the lines of Liz Taylor or Grace Kelly.)

I know the antique style is at a high in popularity these days but there’s just something about a crisp bright classic piece. I think I lean towards the old Hollywood classic glam.

Is everyone on the antique train these days?

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
You're right. This one's hard but I have a slight leaning towards antique styling. Old cuts will always have my heart.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think this depends on the stone/diamond and the piece of jewellery hahaha. I love the warm antique styling for everyday wear. But I do miss the classic white platinum too. Can we have it all?

I love them both! But if I could only pick one I’d go clean and classic, white diamond in WG or Plat. To me that’s the most neutral piece of jewelry - goes with everything!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Clean and classic for me. I love white metals and my earrings and rings are platinum. My everyday bracelets are white gold and my watch is stainless.

I do think part of this is your overall style. Mine leans modern.

whiterabbit

Rough_Rock
I am torn between the two as well. :lol:
My 40th birthday present was an antique cushion cut in an antique 18kt yellow gold setting. Then there's my 10yr anniversary ring. Big, flush set, all princess cuts, and platinum. I love them both! :kiss2: 20220701_150957.jpg

Attachments

• 20201121_115331.jpg
    20201121_115331.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 43

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
If I had to choose one it would be icy diamond in a white setting.

Fortunately I like small diamonds and am fine with lab so have some choices :)

Definitely recommend gold over platinum if you want a smooth shiny look.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
If you had to choose would you rather have golden antique or platinum glam?

I’m always torn between:

1) the warm wonky rainbows of an antique cut stone with a rich old world golden setting

and

2) the crisp white classic style of a colorless stone in shining platinum (something along the lines of Liz Taylor or Grace Kelly.)

I know the antique style is at a high in popularity these days but there’s just something about a crisp bright classic piece. I think I lean towards the old Hollywood classic glam.

Is everyone on the antique train these days?

I didn't know how to vote. I like antique, warm diamonds, but I like sleek rings, preferably yellow gold.

llamacat

Rough_Rock
I have difficulty making decisions so often I will wear modern and platinum/white gold on my left (e-ring and wedding set) and antique and warm on my right.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I prefer simple classic settings in yellow gold.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I like both. All I can say is, don’t follow trends or what other people like. Pick what YOU know you like deep down!

Right now I have a warm antique diamond in YG, but one day I want a crisp white stone in platinum (I’ve had that too…lol)

Ideally I’d have both again :)

HGar

Shiny_Rock
I prefer simple classic settings in yellow gold.

I’m with you - love the warmth of yellow gold but preferably simple setting, no miligrain or engraving etc.

newdiamondworld

Shiny_Rock
Yellow gold is in right now… definitely a major trend.
If you enjoy a clean crisp look I wouldn’t re-do all your jewellery because of ‘everyone is wearing it right now’. Trends are fleeting.
I have a high colour antique stone in platinum and I love it. They are rare but they exist

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on the day. And the piece :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results