shape
carat
color
clarity

gold watch v two tone gold and s/steel watch ?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I have s/steel watch that I have worn for 10 years, it is a quality watch ( for my budget ) and I love it. I want to purchase another watch - due to changing finances I don't think I will be in a position to splurge for a long time - so I want to get it right. do I go for an all gold look watch or two tone? All the two tones are basically mostly silver looking though and I am not sure if I would get enough difference in look to warrant a new watch. i.e. is the gold obvious enough?

Is an all gold watch something that is too much? I plan on getting a timeless quality piece that will last for the next 20 years and can be worn when a gold look would work with the outfit or is it tacky?? I am confused. If i had the money I would get bot.

any thoughts?

thanks
D2b

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, watches are my thing. I have a big collection, mostly vintage style in precious metals with gems. Love my watches. My "best" for everyday wear is my Jaeger Reverso. It is in 18ct yellow gold and stainless steel. My wedding set in in white gold and my Tennis bracelet in yellow gold so hence my choice for a two tone watch. Gold is always more luxurious and elegant where as to me stainless steel says casual. I personally dislike those huge face style watches but that's my taste. A two tone watch is versatile you can wear it with either white colour metals or yellow gold. A good name Watch holds value better than a "no name" watch (and keep all the packaging in case you decide to change or upgrade later on). I also have some Rolexes (modern day/date and also vintage ones) which are lovely but the Jaeger is far and away more comfortable to wear. There are many stores (on line and bricks and mortar) that sell pre loved watches and these represent great value. Good luck with your search. Check out eBay listing so you can see the depth and breadth of stunning watches "out there" one of which (or many more as in my case) will say "yes, you're the one for me"! img_1264.jpg

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you . That is a beautiful watch. I am leaning towards a two tone now - any good sites for reputable pre loved quality watches?
I am very nervous of buying a good fake watch.. I wear my watch everyday and in hindsight should have focused a bit more on this rather then general jewellery, but you live and learn :doh: :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D2B|1482842495|4109811 said:
Thank you . That is a beautiful watch. I am leaning towards a two tone now - any good sites for reputable pre loved quality watches?
I am very nervous of buying a good fake watch.. I wear my watch everyday and in hindsight should have focused a bit more on this rather then general jewellery, but you live and learn :doh: :D

Go to the Hangout part of the forum an ask your last question. There are a few additional members with interest in watches who can suggest reliable second hand sources.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results