shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to have this made is this a good price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Do you think $1150.00 to have this ring made in 18kt good with platinum head ?????? I also want to have bands made for each side should I do plain rope bands or channel set like in this photo on this website ..... Tell me what you think ?????

http://davidyurman.com/bridal/

yurmanzn.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo - I don''t know about the price, but I would go with rope bands rather than channel set. I like the channel set ones on the site but only because I can see the design on the inside, which ties it all together for me. I think the rope bands would give a more cohesive look.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like the look of channel set bands...the ring is so beautiful that you could go with either, but I think channel set bands would look the best!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, thank you both... Questions: Jay Dee what type of redo are you having done??? Bling Diva you have so many beautiful pictures what does your ering look like :)

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
They''re both gorgeous!!!! I like extra bling, so I''d probably go with the channel set
emteeth.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo, don''t know about the price (sounds reasonable enough to my untrained ears) but I love those rope bands! I would love to see that style on someone''s finger to truly get an idea. The pic you posted is gorgeous, though. It''s just so unique and delicate without looking fragile!
36.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I like the rope band with two channel set bands flanking it, but if you are just wanting to go with the one ring then it just depends on the look you want I still like the rope though
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo, thank you.... I am have two rope bands quoted and then thought I could always get two channel set bands for options. What do you think... I love this ring and hope it shows my stone up :) WOOOO

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Woo, it''s going to be gorgeous! I agree that the rope bands will look better as a set. Those channel bands are gorgeous but no one will see the inside rope detail which, as DJ pointed out ties it to the ering setting. Can''t wait to see it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Woo, I like the setting and I like it with either of the bands, although the channel set ones will give you extra bling. Did I miss something? Are you redoing one of your rings or is this a new stone?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OOOHHH THAT looks totally yummy Woo.. would look awesome with a nice orange stone in it too!!!

ETA: MY vote is Rope bands (and a spess, fire opal, burma ruby....sigh***)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, can''t decide what stone to use :) I have several gemstones that are 2.0ct rounds, I also have two RB diamonds. Want to see it done before I decide what to put in it. Any suggestions :) I would alternate it with my viachi set :) It is so simple compared to my diamond, engraved set. woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Woo, do you have a thread that features all of your treasures? I WOULD love to see them all... You are one lucky woman!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
nice rings! i have noticed this style in mags and liked it.

if i may ask, since you mentioned price, did you happen to get a quote in platinum?

i like the rope bands with the plain rope and the channel set with the channel set e-ring mounting. i guess on this setting i like the matching set. i think which ever you get will be lovely.

i am anxious to see the finished project. good luck!
1.gif

BDJ

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 11:26:18 AM
Author:woobug02
Do you think $1150.00 to have this ring made in 18kt good with platinum head ?????? I also want to have bands made for each side should I do plain rope bands or channel set like in this photo on this website ..... Tell me what you think ?????

http://davidyurman.com/bridal/

I am currently looking into having the single rope version of this made! I gave up on the crossover, because I was quoted $3000!!!!!! WOW!!

If you don''t mind, who are you going through?

I have had more trouble finding a solitaire setting that I am happy with since I went to the DY store and tried this ring on (with a 3C oval, set E-W!). It is absolutely stunning - go with the cable! I can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo, I am having my local jeweler make it. I went with 18kt. due to the fact I may wear it on my right hand and alternate it with other rings. I too found the crossover is very expensive in platinum
7.gif
I think they quoated me $2600.00 a little much for my right hand. I found a couple of places that did the single rope. Let see if I can find their sites :) WOOOO

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool-looking! It''s always fun to see what interesting jewelry project you have lined up next! I believe you should be annointed Pricescope Queen of the Endless Stream of Consecutive Custom Projects!!!
9.gif
36.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo Kristydarling :) I hope that was a compliment .....hehehehehehe!! I do love all sorts of Jewelry and am lucky to be able to create and try so many things. I have purchased many different shapes and sizes of gemstones so I am on so new projects :) Woooooooo, I have no really hobbies except jewelry and my teenage daughters (who love to wear all of my stuff)....wooooo

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
cool! when can we expect pics?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately it will be a while. I just bought Lynn B''s setting off of Pearlmans sooooooo hubby said this has to wait till summer....

BDJ

Rough_Rock
Quest is making my single rope band setting! They gave me a very nice price, so you may want to check them out!

They also made lovelylulu''s wedding ring, which has a similar look, and it looks like they did an excellent job there:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wedding-ring-from-quest.47428/

I''ll post pics of my e-ring when they are done so you can see it!

B.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results