shape
carat
color
clarity

going crazy about depth%/table %

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesquares

Rough_Rock

Hello,

I am looking to buy a princess shape diamond asap and going wacko comparing the following numbers. Of course, I don''t have the crown height % yet, but I''ve requested them from the seller.

(2) Princess #1

3.5 carat H/VS2. Is it okay for the depth % and table % to be off from each other so much? Will this aversely affect crown height %?

depth 72.5%

table 66%

symmetry very good

polish good

(2) Princess #2. Table % and depth% closer.

3.46 H/VS1

depth 73.1%

table 71%

symmetry good

(3) Princess #3. Depth and table off a bit again, not to mention lower clarity

3.24 H/SI2

depth % 65.4

table%70%

symm good

polish very good

polish very good

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This probably going to sound bad, but these numbers do little do describe light return and briliance.

If those are of concern to you, than some direct measurement of optics is in order.

Any idea what the inclusions look like in the SI2 ? Of all things I do not see size (milimeters, not carats) listed here.

Looking at these numbers, this SI2 sounds quite tempting (probably quite large with that rather reasonable depth). I would love to see Ideal Scope and inclusion plots, if not pictures for all these

1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

Yup! Listen to Ana!!!

There is NOOOOO way to predict if one of these will be a better performer than the others.. the AGA guide is just that...a GUIDE. Without a sarin or lightscope image...it''s just a guess. Even then, there is no way to tell which stone will appeal to your eyes the best!

lovesquares

Rough_Rock

The vendor claims that all the stones are well cut though not "ideal" (if that really exists for fancies) or average. I plan to, of course, have the stone I plan to buy looked at by an independent appraiser to confirm.

I should clarily my questions re: depth% and table %. I am comparing the numbers to David Atlas'' AGA cut chart for princess shape diamonds and wonder how all the stones i listed can be considered well cut if the table and depth % vary so much.

lovesquares

Rough_Rock
How do I get a light scope image? And what items on the Sarin report will tell me about brilliance?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarin are just numbers... there is no model to predict brilliance after them. Some sellers provide some tests of optics (ideal scope, brilliance scope... what not of their diamonds. SO if your guys do this, they may be able to call one or two stones in and provide such service.

The AGA grades do not pretend to predict light return (although I think David Atlas is being conservative here).

What do you mean by "table and depth vary so much" ? The two numbers are not supposed to be the same anyway. Actually, the three stones you mention are all worth inspecting - acording to the little numbers can say. If I could call in only one, that would be the first (I am a bit obsessed with small tables ;-) ). Look HERE for one example I managed to dig up...

34.gif

lovesquares

Rough_Rock
I was under the impression that if you are using the AGA charts it''s best to try to have measurements be consistent. (i.e. like all 1A''s or 1B''s as opposed to having a stone with a majority 1A, but a 2B or lower in the table or depth).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results