carat
color
clarity

GOG vs BGD on DIAMOND OVERALL QUALITY?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, I just insured my stone with JW and it was so easy! You do it online, and upload the receipt. I'll get it appraised once it's in the setting, as advised by appraiser Patrick Davis. Good luck!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Brian Gavin stone. For me, having the stone and setting from one place is the easiest. And the BGD diamond seemed really nice. Can't wait to see your finished ring.

Gypsy, I've been meaning to tell you, EVERY time I see that precious little kitty face in your avatar, it makes me smile. :))

scottylmt

Rough_Rock
Anybody else?

Johnathan sent me a video, but I can't watch it yet cuz im with clients.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1yunhvh3vA

Opinions please!

Also the cert is from 6 years ago. Does anybody know why, over six years, nobody has bought this stone either in store or off the web?

But please more opinions on the two stones...

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
It is a beauty! As for a 6 year old cert, it's highly likely someone owned it during that time and traded it in for an upgrade, especially since it's GOG and they have great lifetime upgrade options on many of their stones.

ETA: I think I agree with Gypsy in this case, owning a D color in a complete custom-designed ring that she will likely never change/upgrade would be worth the slight hassle of buying from GOG, insuring, and then sending to BGD and paying minor setting fees.

scottylmt

Rough_Rock
Ok great feedback so far. One thing that concerns me about the video is that he never showed a close up of the stone without moving it really quickly, so I never really got to get a long hard look at it. At this point I still wouldn't be comfortable buying it sight unseen. The lady at BGD was pretty quick to point out the big inclusions and said there's know way it would be eye clean ( obviously she has incentive to tell me that, but it shook me up a little anyway)

Jonathan said he is so confident I wont be able to see it that he'd pay for shipping both ways if im unhappy in any way (now THAT'S legit service)

My question is, IF I had it sent to me to inspect, and I decided to keep it... how much would it cost to ship to BGD and back, along with insurance both ways?

As far as color, I can't really see a difference between D and F... only when it gets to about H-I. So im thinking owning a D is more of a rarity thing? That's still really cool because of the whole custom thing; it really fits.

So guesstimates on shipping and insurance anybody?

Also, if you haven't chimed in about the two stones im deciding on, PLEASE DO!

Thanks... AGAIN lol

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shipping isn't expensive. Certified mail takes forever no matter what service you use so you might as well use the cheapest possible. You are looking at 30-40 bucks or so to ship it to you and then another 30-40 to ship it to BGD. That's including insurance (which is why it's so high) to cover the stone cost.

Yes, D is a rarity thing-- that's why I said it's special in my opinion. I would be thrilled with a G stone of course. And the BGD stone is beautiful, white, slightly bigger and definitely easier to buy. And a BGD Signature stone is also very special.

At this point you are at win/win situation. Really. Here are my thoughts. Keep both on hold until Tuesday. Just clear you mind for 24 for hours. Don't think about the decision or stress about it. And see if after that the decision is easy. For me, if I do this I always know the right answer for me, it just becomes clear once I unclutter my mind and relax for a spell.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you're leaning towards the BGD stone, and that's cool. However, I wouldn't discount the GOG stone based on the competitor's opinion and the fact that you don't get a long look at it in the video. It looks pretty eye clean and the video approximates how you'd see the stone in real life (vs how it appears in the picture on the website, super zoomed in). Even in the super zoomed in picture, it looks pretty darn eye clean!

Can you get both stones shipped to an appraiser (You put down $500 with GOG to do that), and have a look at both? I just took another look and both are extremely similar, except the color grade (icy white D vs white G) and price. GOG is $600 less, though you do seem to want to do the custom route with BGD so I wonder if you can bargain them down a bit?

Slightly off topic, I saw an H&A round yesterday compared to a regular ideal RB and wow, the H&A is pretty awesome! Subtle differences at first glace, but definitely more fire and personality in the H&A. Whichever stone you pick, you'll love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price is just very good on the GOG stone while the price on the BG is on the high side. I would only consider the BG stone if they come a few hundred off the price. The BG stone is SI1, too, so it may be no more eyeclean than the GOG stone. In fact, right now we have more evidence on the GOG stone being clean (from multiple photos) than we do the BG stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results