shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG Emerald Cut Solitaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 7:14:30 PM
Author: Pricescope
cute330xigrl

If a consumer has a fear of thunderstorm I can not do much about it either.
Huh? Why not?
3.gif

yea I knoooowww...

Marlene

Rough_Rock
I started reading this thread because I have been shopping for a jeweller. Platinumsmith was recommended, but I saw these threads and definately had other ideas.

I smell a rat.

Jade, could please outline what it is that has created this rift. Other then from you I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

Thanks

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 8:37:01 PM
Author: Marlene
I started reading this thread because I have been shopping for a jeweller. Platinumsmith was recommended, but I saw these threads and definately had other ideas.

I smell a rat.

Jade, could please outline what it is that has created this rift. Other then from you I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

Thanks

I dont think Jade wants to say anything more on the subject.

Many of you have seen pictures of my 3sided pave set and other pieces of jewelry made by the same jeweller, and many have PM'ed me to ask about the pave fiasco.

Like most people, I believe in good manners and decency, but we’re not always so lucky in our associations.

In the interests of other members of PriceScope, I feel obliged to clarify one point.

In the course of my acquaintance with the jeweller who made those pieces, I’ve found that the views of said jeweller and myself depart in some very significant respects and that I’d been quite mistaken in my initial enthusiasm for his work. I, for one, value standards very highly, and this extends both to quality of workmanship and to personal integrity.

Suffice it to say, I’ve decided to look elsewhere where these standards are more likely to be met.

I am prepared for the mud-slinging that will ensue from this revelation, but I will not be drawn into further discussion about this. I think that’s all I need to say on this matter.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks cute330xigrl
21.gif

On another note - my ring has arrived and just cleared customs!!! I am too impatient to wait for it to be delivered on Monday (no wkend deliveries in melbourne
8.gif
) and am heading off to collect my package soon!

*fingers crossed* hand pics tonight!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
3 layers of packaging!

JL EC 002.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
In the box, taken with flash:

JL EC 006.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Handshot:

JL EC 008.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
closeup:

JL EC 009.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Another handshot:

JL EC 011.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Side view:

JL EC 012.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I know we can never have too many pics
10.gif

JL EC 017.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
It''s hard taking pics of the ring on my right hand!

JL EC 021.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Last one, on my thumb:

JL EC 029.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always been a RB girl, but I''m loving the way this stone sparkles. The steps are quite fascinating to look at.

In certain light I can see the 2 main inclusions, but strangely, like windowshopper advised when I was searching for an EC, the inclusions doesn''t bother me at all. It''s minuscule, and can serve as identification for my stone!

I haven''t louped it yet, I''m just enjoying wriggling my fingers and watching the stone throws off rainbow sparkles!

I am terrible - when I opened the box, I thought, "OHH THAT''s TINY!"
41.gif

I''m loving the simple solitaire look - just as well, cos this will have to do for a long time
12.gif
, but I can''t help thinking, geez, this stone in that MWM east-west setting will be to-die-for!

Thank you to everyone who''s helped me in the quest for this stone!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2005 4:54:10 AM
Author: JadeLeaves

I''m loving the simple solitaire look - just as well, cos this will have to do for a long time, but I can''t help thinking, geez, this stone in that MWM east-west setting will be to-die-for!
Hm... do you think Leonid could have set a mind-reading service up without letting us know !?
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Jade, that ring is to die for. Congrats on a job well done.

Shay

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It looks so beautiful on your hand!!!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/23/2005 10:04:35 AM
Author: Sundial
It looks so beautiful on your hand!!!
certainly does. pretty hands!

congrats on it again! thats a lovely lovely looking stone!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I love emerald cuts and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one you now have....

It is a true classic....

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Jade, that ring is gorgeous!!! I love the solitaire setting with the EC!! What is your ring size???
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh east-west setting, that would be stunning.

The pattern looks great, I love it!!! Congrats gal.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOSH, what a gorgeous stone!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It is beautiful on its own, but I am excited to see what happens w/ the setting process....and agree that east-west would be GREAT!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!!! Congratulations!!!
30.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW... That is just gorgeous!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Jadeleaves It''s just amazing.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 7:06:44 PM
Author: cute330xigrl
Pricescope,

This is such a good example to why consumers fear posting their candid opinions when a project goes south w/ a vendor that frequents this forum.
38.gif
Honestly, I think this is a good example of why consumers shouldn't fear posting their opinions. The vendor's comments in this thread really speak for themselves.....and not in a good way.

It's one thing to say "we don't/didn't see eye to eye", we stand behind the quality of our work, etc. BUT......it's quite another thing for a vendor to make it PERSONAL and make a nasty remark about how another customer's ring will be "knock out of the park" compared to a former customer's.

FYI - it's also not that bright, considering that he's knocking one of his own creations.
23.gif

That just takes thing to an entirely different and unprofessional level. That one remark from Platinumsmith told me much more about him.....and not in a good way.....than any other comment about him or his work on Pricescope. It spoke volumes to me....and to others, I'm sure.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and BEAUTIFUL emerald ring, by the way. Gorgeous!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I''m back from a night of *beauty* sleep, and am still very enamoured with my new ring! Honestly, I wasn''t sure if I would be happy having it in a solitaire setting, but I am loving it!

Thank you everyone for their lovely compliments!

To answer ladylovesluxury''s question about what band I''ll wear with this ring - I''m not wearing a band with it, cos it''s a RHR. That''s why I didn''t mind the head of the setting, which will not allow for a straight band to sit flush. I did try on my SP asscher band with it, and the gap was too big and didn''t look too nice
1.gif

I''ve gotten this ring setting in size 7 3/4
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
(for my pudgy right hand fingers
9.gif
) as I wasn''t sure which finger I wanted to wear it on! If I ever get the ring set E-W, I''ll probably wear it on my index finger.

Ahhhh to have slim long fingers - when is that finger liposuction gonna be possible?
31.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock

FYI - it''s also not that bright, considering that he''s knocking one of his own creations.

That just takes thing to an entirely different and unprofessional level. That one remark from Platinumsmith told me much more about him.....and not in a good way.....than any other comment about him or his work on Pricescope. It spoke volumes to me....and to others, I''m sure.

Ohhhhh, I thought PlatinumSmith was saying the other customers ring will knock that Leon piece outta the park. Either way, I share the same opinion. The remark... not good.

I''ll admit tho, the comment has me highly anticipating Camellia''s ring. lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results