shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG Emerald Cut Solitaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2005 1:30:01 AM
Author: JadeLeaves

Trust me, you won''t want it, not after looking at [the three-sided pave ring] now. I am getting a new setting for the RB that was in it.

Ouch! What happened!?

That one looked like a very lovely piece...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 3:20:51 PM
Author: Shay37
Well, I had to wait until I could pick my chin up off of the floor before I could respond, but that thing is simply stunning! I love it. I''m not a fan of emerald cuts, but that one is to die for. Congrats on the trip and the ring. What are the specs? If I have overlooked your posting those (brain hasn''t functioned since I saw the pics), please forgive me. I will reread just to make sure.
Shay

Dear Shay,

Here''s the link to the stone! It''s a 2.01 G VS2. I was initally not sure about the proportions as I wanted a longish stone, but it looks perfect in the solitare setting!

I''m sorry abt your ring (read in another thread that you lost it
6.gif
) but I''m glad you found a replacement so quickly!!

xoxo

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all your dog is adorable. I love your new aviator. Second as a fan of ECs I love your ring. It is beautiful.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
your dog is beyond adorable!!! and that stone is stunning!

i loved your pave rings too...and since i''m considering having something similar made, i''d be very interested in hearing what happend with it. can you please pm me if you dont want to post it here.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2005 1:30:01 AM
Author: JadeLeaves

angel7: unfortunately, I can''t even PAY for someone to take the 3sided pave ring and the matching band off me.
38.gif
Trust me, you won''t want it, not after looking at it now. I am getting a new setting for the RB that was in it.

first, congrats on your new solitaire. that is one gorgeous stone
30.gif

please tell us what happened with your pave rings. they are becoming such a popular style but so many people seem to have problems
38.gif

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Yum, yum, yum.
18.gif
I ADORE emerald cuts. My faaaaaavorite!

radiantlover

Shiny_Rock
Your puppy looks soo cute!!! And your EC is gorgeous!

radiantlover

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you
1.gif
I have Good Old Gold to thank for finding such a gorgeous stone for me!

Ohh my new avatar - that''s a spoodle puppy, and it''s not mine. That''s to keep me going till the house is built, as I can''t have a puppy where I''m living now. Isn''t the puppy adorable?!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened with the pave? (LOVE the new emerald!)

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2005 2:02:03 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Wait wait wait - did I miss the pave fiasco? What happened? Is there a thread about it?!

Many of you have seen pictures of my 3sided pave set and other pieces of jewelry made by the same jeweller, and many have PM''ed me to ask about the pave fiasco.

Like most people, I believe in good manners and decency, but we’re not always so lucky in our associations.

In the interests of other members of PriceScope, I feel obliged to clarify one point.

In the course of my acquaintance with the jeweller who made those pieces, I’ve found that the views of said jeweller and myself depart in some very significant respects and that I’d been quite mistaken in my initial enthusiasm for his work. I, for one, value standards very highly, and this extends both to quality of workmanship and to personal integrity.

Suffice it to say, I’ve decided to look elsewhere where these standards are more likely to be met.

I am prepared for the mud-slinging that will ensue from this revelation, but I will not be drawn into further discussion about this. I think that’s all I need to say on this matter.

-

Ok back to our regular programming!
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so do you have any idea''s of how you want your new setting to be?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 8:36:35 AM
Author: mrssalvo
ok, so do you have any idea''s of how you want your new setting to be?

I will keep this stuller solitaire setting for awhile I think. Too many big expenses associated with new house! My thread for the stone had a few setting ideas :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
30.gif
all of those. this one is one of my favorites...

r319-31W.jpg

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
You are right to your personal oppinions. I personally know that the ring is sound as I repolished it many times and subjected the ring to extensive testing over a period of time. As we have parted ways I have no knowledge is rings current state. I can not help what you do to your jewellery once you have it and I know that the job was to your satidaction. I stone that ring very well and I like it, but I do no intend to react to to whatever objection you have to my character. As you know!

Mud slinging?

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Cammilias new ring will hit that one out of the ballpark.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 9:02:55 AM
Author: Platinumsmith

This is not very nice
38.gif
You stand behind your work as you should, she was unhappy and is taking her business elsewhere. she didn't even name you. i have no problem with you sharing your side of the story but saying someelse's ring is going to be even better really is mud slinging IMO

icekid

Ideal_Rock
so pretty... love those ECs! Hell, I love them all and I need one of each
3.gif
congrats!

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
This is not the first pricescope disservice has done to me and probably not the last, and I am right in defending every aspect of my service in creating a lot of good jewellery for ** and other pricescopers, all of which was admired. I find this and other slurs very unnecessary.

I am not sorry for sounding off when I did, because this just looks like progression of things from her side. I have seen her attack other jewellers and I see a very clear pattern. I am certain that I will not be free of her aquantaince, regardless of anything occuring on pricescope.

I don't pretend to care about ** opinions of me. I have my own opinions and I know that she is not blameless.

Hope all is clear,

Phillip

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I am lost!
32.gif

I loved the 3-sided pave. Oh well.
Again, congrats on the new ring

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock

That EC is very pretty!!!

I LOVE that Leon setting posted by mrssalvo

Can someone/anyone just post a pic of the 3sided pave?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s the three sided pave.

JL3sidedpavecollage.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 10:15:33 AM
Author: icekid
so pretty... love those ECs! Hell, I love them all and I need one of each
3.gif
congrats!

I know exactly what you mean!

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 9:30:29 AM

This is not very nice
38.gif
You stand behind your work as you should, she was unhappy and is taking her business elsewhere. she didn't even name you. i have know problem with you sharing your side of the story but saying someelse's ring is going to be even better really is mud slinging IMO

Mrssalvo

I suggest you find out all sides to the story before you start taking the high moral ground.

I saw the pave rings in person and at that point in time, ** was extremely happy with the workmanship. If she no longer likes the rings because of personal feelings, that is her problem and not the jewellers.

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring!
30.gif
The classic setting with such a classy stone... It''s great!

BTW...I don''t get your saying at the bottom:
"I see the evident fork in this road and the illusion that were done me a believer." Did I not translate it right?

I may just be slow...LOL

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Camellia,

I'm not trying to take high moral ground. I even stated I understand there are two sides of the story and am willing to listen to both. But in my opinion, bringing up how someone else's ring (yours) is going to be even better is unprofessional and mean spirited. That was the only comment he made that I felt was out of line, and still do.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 4:38:52 PM
Author: Camellia

Date: 9/22/2005 9:30:29 AM

This is not very nice
38.gif
You stand behind your work as you should, she was unhappy and is taking her business elsewhere. she didn't even name you. i have know problem with you sharing your side of the story but saying someelse's ring is going to be even better really is mud slinging IMO

Mrssalvo

I suggest you find out all sides to the story before you start taking the high moral ground.

I saw the pave rings in person and at that point in time, ** was extremely happy with the workmanship. If she no longer likes the rings because of personal feelings (or hitting them with a hockey stick), that is her problem and not the jewellers.

There is much more to this than meets the eye. As ** said to me 'things are not always what they seem'.
obviously there is much more to this than meets the eye. actions speak louder than words. if a vendor has to publicly flame a consumer there is something terribly wrong. when another consumer accurately assesses the situation and you have to bring in morals and high standing, there is a problem. don't get me wrong, you have every right to defend platinumsmith...whatever your reasons may be, but to question someone else's morals is taking it too far.
maybe you would see it differently if the shoe was on the other foot?
or maybe there is much more to this story and attacks are more powerful than facts.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 4:48:22 PM
Author: VAgal13
I love your ring!
30.gif
The classic setting with such a classy stone... It''s great!
BTW...I don''t get your saying at the bottom:
''I see the evident fork in this road and the illusion that were done me a believer.'' Did I not translate it right?
I may just be slow...LOL

Thank you muchly!

Ohh the saying - "I now see the obvious fork in this road, and the illusion that made me a believer."

You were pretty close! Or did I phrase it incorrectly? Sorry, my french is rudimentary at best!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Pricescope,

This is such a good example to why consumers fear posting their candid opinions when a project goes south w/ a vendor that frequents this forum.
38.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2005 12:55:25 PM
Author: sevens one
here''s the three sided pave.
thnx sevens! looks real purrrttyyy jade!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
cute330xigrl

If a consumer has a fear of thunderstorm I can not do much about it either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results