shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT GOG AVC Meets Leon Mege! My ring is here!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treebean, Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise to see a brand new Leon today! Love it! That is one of the teenyest bands I have ever seen! So delicate and pretty. The upside down french cuts( i.e. with the point sticking up, for those of you who asked) is so unique, did Leon come up with that?

I love it, it is gorgeous. Wear it in the best of health!

jan can

Shiny_Rock
Such a gorgeous, delicate setting. Great choices on your part.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I cannot get over how thin that band is. So cool!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful. a work of art. I am so going to Leon Mege one of these days.

Thanks for sharing, its sublime

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone thanks for all the comments!

Dreamer- I was a little weary, about the daily use and taking gloves on and off etc. and when we commissioned the ring I made sure that Leon knew what my job was. The band even though thin is very sturdy. Impeccably made ring!

Lynn B- Leon said that this was an antique parcel of stones and he calls them french cuts but he isn''t really sure what they are. He sets them in a channel upside down you can feel the points with you fingernail if you run them down the shank. On the micropave website he has an eternity band set that way. I believe the band is around 1.4mm wide. Now thats tiny!

Luv- Leon suggested a couple of different type of side stones to us care (caree?) cuts and french cuts and then the mystery parcel. My fiance doesn''t like care (caree) so he showed us the band from the micro pave site and I really liked it. The sparkle is very cool and the stones are so tiny it''s had to distinguish them with the naked eye.

441.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, treebean, it is gorgeous! Enjoy wear it and I hope it always brings you happiness just to look at it!
30.gif

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks very much... I really love it.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT! I remember your gorgeous photos of that stone and now we get to enjoy it in its beautiful new home! It''s spectacular. If you have time, would you mind sharing the dimensions of your stone some day? Soooo lovely~
30.gif

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Coming out of lurkdom because your ring is M-azing!! Just WoW
30.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Exquisite, but you already knew that. Congrats!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful design and lovely diamond.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone

Pixley- the stone dimensions are 6.65x6.29 x4.01
polish very good
symmetry good
total depth 63.81%
table percentage 54.05%
M
VVS2

ImDanny- I really put my trust in Leon for the setting, I couldn''t picture it so when I opened the box I was shocked too! I really do like it. You have to be a Tudors fan with that Avatar, JRM is an excellent Henry.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2010 11:12:34 PM
Author: piratefan
Coming out of lurkdom because your ring is M-azing!! Just WoW
30.gif

For me? haha I was a huge lurker/stalker. Thanks for your comments I''m glad you like it.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful, I love the delicate band.

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful, Treenbean!!!! Congrats on your engagement! I was wondering if you knew how thin the band is. I''m thinking about thinking about getting a thin french cut eternity (right-side-up) with milgrain done by leon and the thickness (rather, thinness)of your band looks just SO perfect.
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, TB!!!! What a beautiful ring!!!! It''s gorgeous!!!!! I love the color of your antique marbles!!! What an awesome and colorful collection!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 8:33:15 AM
Author: Treenbean
Hi everyone

Pixley- the stone dimensions are 6.65x6.29 x4.01
polish very good
symmetry good
total depth 63.81%
table percentage 54.05%
M
VVS2
Thanks Treenbean!
35.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi treebean
35.gif

Glad you love it! We did too.
18.gif
Thanks for the opportunity to serve. Your ring really came out so beautiful and the setting really balances the size of your diamond perfectly too. After yours shipped, it put my wife over the edge and she''s trading in her Hearts & Arrows round now.
41.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that is just stunning!!! Leon sure is talented.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone

The thiness of the band is 1.4mm about.

I really really wanted milgraining. Leon says he uses the finest milgrain cutter made.

I am not a delicate person in general so wearing this ring is a little strange for me. But I look at it and I think it looks nice on my hand and I am glad we chose this one.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Absolute perfection!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 12:12:11 PM
Author: Rhino
Hi treebean
35.gif

Glad you love it! We did too.
18.gif
Thanks for the opportunity to serve. Your ring really came out so beautiful and the setting really balances the size of your diamond perfectly too. After yours shipped, it put my wife over the edge and she''s trading in her Hearts & Arrows round now.
41.gif

Hi Rhino!
I know you hear this a lot but I have to say it again. The diamond is beyond fabulous! I love love love the crown and pavilion facets, can''t stop looking at it. It outshines any ring I put it next to.

Congrats to your lucky wife... You should post pics when the ring is done...
1.gif

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Lovely!
30.gif
Congrats!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
OMG!
30.gif
Your ring is perfection - love the yummy M colored AVC and the exquisite tiny milgrained band with upside down french cuts. It looks so delicate and lovely on your hand. Congrats and enjoy!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
What a GORGEOUS stone and setting!!! Sooooooo drool worthy!!!
30.gif
36.gif

I am so in love with those AVC`s it`s not even funny!! Hopefully one day I`ll have one to show off too but for now I honestly enjoy watching out for those lucky ladies that get one.

Enjoy it fully.

Cachette
1.gif

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
another Leon, sigh! It''s beautiful, LOVE the sidestones, love the cushion. Enjoy!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Treebean it''s beautiful!

GOG and Leon did an amazing job. I love the upsidedown french cuts - they pair well with the chunky facets and don''t outshine your centerstone.

Delicious!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
positively stunning! so delicate and lovely.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
It takes my breath away... he's a master. I love the upside down french cuts... if I wear a wedding band, it's gonna be that tiny Leon you mentioned. ( but 1st I'm gonna try wearing my ring alone like a good girl
3.gif
) Man, does your stone face up nice!

I'm dying... my ring is gonna be very similar to yours. same basic profile, millegrained sides, except that I had Leon source a center cushion, and in the channels I'm gonna have regular right side up french cuts - 5 to 6 each side. Seeing your little beauty is making me drool. Exquisite is sooooo right.

You made a great choice and have a real showstopper
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results