shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG AVC engagement ring is done !

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Posting here per Diamondseeker (thanks!)

Well, the ring is now finished and just arrived! GOG was fantastic to deal with and I think the ring came out looking absolutely gorgeous. Im so glad I did the split prongs because I think they go great with this antique-ish setting and stone style. Please forgive the sloppy pics. I'll take some better ones when I have the opportunity. Posted below is my thank you letter to GOG, followed by the pictures. (I can't recommend them enough)
Enjoy!

Darren/Marie/Charles-

I wanted to write you a thank you for all of your work on the ring for my
(future) fiance. Your dedication to quality, service and value has
enabled me the opportunity to give her a ring that will knock her socks
off. I truly appreciate the advice, time and attention that you have
each given to me throughout this process, and the access to you all for
communication. This just reinforces my decision to buy from Good Old
Gold and ensures that I will continue to do so in the future.
I found out about GOG on the web at the Pricescope forum site and
was extremely impressed by the wealth of knowledge and the willingness
to share information by Jonathan, especially in his videos. While
looking for pretty stones on your site, I was also getting a good bit of
education about diamonds that helped me to be a better informed shopper.
Your reputation on Pricescope is well deserved, and I'll also
communicate my terrific experience with Good Old Gold to that forum.
I could have bought from a wide variety of online, or brick and
mortar stores in my area, but I'm very happy that I happened upon your
site and was able to drive out to your store to see your goods, and your
people for myself. Thanks again for a wonderful ring and a wonderful
experience! I know she's going to love it !

Pics:

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Pics Below:

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Lets try this again...

BevKAVC012.jpg

BevKAVC011.jpg

BevKAVC009.jpg

BevKAVC008.jpg

BevKAVC007.jpg

BevKAVC006.jpg

BevKAVC004.jpg

BevKAVC003.jpg

BevKAVC015.jpg

BevKAVC002.jpg

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo pretty!!! Congrats! What are the stats and when will you be giving it to her? :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! That is TO DIE FOR!!! AH!!! I am in love with that ring! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful!!! :love: (and yes, now people will want to know the size and color of the diamond!)

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock
You gotta love those AVC's! There is nothing else like them out there. When she isn't looking, take it outside on a cloudy day (or in the shade on a sunny day) and see the rainbow of pastel colors it transmutes in the central facets from the sky above. It's mesmerizing!

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
StoopidMonkey|1323976221|3082314 said:
You gotta love those AVC's! There is nothing else like them out there. When she isn't looking, take it outside on a cloudy day (or in the shade on a sunny day) and see the rainbow of pastel colors it transmutes in the central facets from the sky above. It's mesmerizing!

Speaking of AVC's, did you give your to-be fiance hers yet? :)

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
As for specs... You can check the GOG page link here to see the stone's full specifications: http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/8726/

Here is the basic stuff though:

0.925ct K VS2 August Vintage Cushion
AGS Ideal in all categories of Cut/Polish/Symmetry/Light Performance
5.94mm x 5.76mm x 3.77mm

It faces up a bit warmer in this setting than when viewed out of the setting in store. Looks AMAZING.
Speaking of the setting, it's a Beverly K #99156 in 18K white gold. The prongs have been modified from original to be split claws. These Beverly K settings are REALLY nice. The ring is going on a size 5 finger (she's petite) so it will look, im sure, even bigger because of the narrow fingers. :twirl:

Again, I can't say enough how great the people at Good Old Gold were to work with. Marie found this setting after I had shown her some pictures of some Vatche stuff and I think it looks better, WHILE also being cheaper. She's got a great eye!

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
tuffyluvr|1323972563|3082263 said:
Sooo pretty!!! Congrats! What are the stats and when will you be giving it to her? :cheeky:

Im not sure yet the exact day as Im still working on the how/when, but I'd like to do it before Christmas so we can share the moment with our families at Christmas time :)
I can't wait to see her face when she sees her ring...can't wait... :)

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock
smokey99|1323981104|3082371 said:

In 3 days. It's crunch time! :)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my---how she'll love it!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's one of the prettiest rings I've ever seen, and I mean that!! I absolutely love everything about it - she's going to be thrilled!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!!! Your gorgeous AVC looks great in that setting and I love the split prongs! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect, congratulations!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW, it came together beautifully!!! Best of luck with your proposal, and can't wait to see hand pics!!! :appl: :appl:

ps- that letter you wrote is so nice. I'm sure Jon and the staff at GOG will be so touched by it!!!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
that is soooo gorgeous!

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
PRETTY :appl: :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
StoopidMonkey|1323984276|3082414 said:
smokey99|1323981104|3082371 said:

In 3 days. It's crunch time! :)

Wow, good for you! I'm planning on this Friday, so I'll be right behind you. Best of luck to you bud :)

Also, above in my post I said that the AVC faced up "warmer" in this setting then when viewed alone. I meant to say it faced up "whiter". You could tell it was a much warmer color out of the setting, but noe that it's set, it is just perfect :)

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Dani|1324002275|3082607 said:
Oh WOW, it came together beautifully!!! Best of luck with your proposal, and can't wait to see hand pics!!! :appl: :appl:

ps- that letter you wrote is so nice. I'm sure Jon and the staff at GOG will be so touched by it!!!!

Thanks Dani. They were wonderful to work with and they gave me EXACTLY what I was looking for. What more could you ask for? :)

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1323994734|3082526 said:
It's one of the prettiest rings I've ever seen, and I mean that!! I absolutely love everything about it - she's going to be thrilled!

Thanks Junebug! I hope she loves it justas much :bigsmile:

StoopidMonkey

Shiny_Rock
You know what's strange? I've had this thing for a month and I realized tomorrow is the last day the ring will spend in its temporary home, hidden in a backpack in the closet. I've gotten so used to sneaking a peak at it at least once every 3 days (ooh, it's overcast today, let's see how it looks in this light!). :) Just count the times you want to sneak it out for a peak before it's your turn to hand it over!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful ring, congratulations to you both :wavey:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY`~!! Very nice stone & a very nice settings

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
StoopidMonkey|1324141691|3083465 said:
You know what's strange? I've had this thing for a month and I realized tomorrow is the last day the ring will spend in its temporary home, hidden in a backpack in the closet. I've gotten so used to sneaking a peak at it at least once every 3 days (ooh, it's overcast today, let's see how it looks in this light!). :) Just count the times you want to sneak it out for a peak before it's your turn to hand it over!

Congrats ;-)

You're not gonna believe this...or maybe you will based on how similar our stories have been so far, but I also keep mine in the box in a backpack :lol:

T Minus 3 more days!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the setting looks so delicate and it really complements the stone. I have a BevK eternity ring and love it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be so thrilled with that ring! She will love it. The split prongs are a great touch. All the best with the proposal!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results