shape
carat
color
clarity

GoG, Asscher, Eternity Band Mark Broumand OEC 3 stone DK....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been off the radar for quite some time- took a break from PS to figure out what my jewelry love is without all the pretties on here to distract me and send me off on a tangent which I have been known to do, but all the while I came across many amazing jewelers and have lots of first-hand experience now (albeit expensive mistakes along the way too… lol ) ah well Joy in the Journey right? . I finally figured out what pieces I wanted to complete my collection. I did acquire, create, sold many items along way to get here.

My everyday E- ring is in Sholdt Semi bezel Ring size 4.25
1.15ct (approx. 5.9mm) GIA J asscher purchased from Good Old Gold set in Sholdt Semi bezel simple but outstanding. I love the fluid nature of the Sholdt – sturdy, well built carefree wearing (This is my second Sholdt, and both times they did not disappoint!). My wedding band is an estate piece I picked up and contains 12 RBs about 2 points each with a measurement of the band width approx. 2.3mm and the height just works perfectly with the sholdt at about 1.65mm tall. I’ve tried many wedding bands to coming to this conclusion and have been super happy with the result. Loved working the guys over at Good Old Gold. Some of you may have seen this Asscher Sholdt ring on GoG’s Facebook page so here are some hand shots as well. This is also my second Asscher and a much better performer than the last.

My Three stone with heavy industrial tab prongs for the center although not a usual fan of prongs, I wanted this to showcase as much of the diamond as possible but still protecting the very thin girdle all around so I picked 6 prongs but asked David to create a more heavier tab like prongs , it also adds a little more character for me. A very belated mother’s day present to celebrate my two girls (they actually chose blue instead of pink and I love that they picked blue sapphires – eventually this three stone will go to my oldest so I’m glad she was a part of the process)
Ring size 4.5 so I can wear this for a RHR.

1.02 ct L VS1 EGL USA Old European center (approx. 6.45mm) with natural (heat) only Sri Lankan sapphire mixed cut at .66ctw (4mm) from Gemfix .
Setting created by David Klass (loved working with him, so easy going and just a fantastic guy – highly recommend him, he can definitely do many things you want in your budget)

My bezel pendant from Coffin and Trout .31ct VS H Color in heavy bezel tear drop custom pendant no Diamond report but they chose a very nice cut diamond. Love this look!

My Stand Alone band from Mark Broumand was my very last project. I fell in love with this band for some time when I first learned of Mark on PS years ago and have been stalking this band ever since. Ring size 4.5 with a total carat weight of 2.7ct G-H Color VS clarity width of ring is 4mm and 2mm height. Mark was able to shave down the rise/height of the ring a bit since I’m a bit particular (aren’t we all on PS? ) on the height of my band to live with it comfortably. Mark was a pleasure to work with, very prompt, responsive and honest.

I’ve had a lot of “wedding bands” 5 stones, 7 stones, 9 stones, graduated rounds, rounds baguette, oecs, asschers bezel, prongs, channel set, eternity bands prongs, colored, alternating metal shapes etc… and came to the conclusion that I loved almost everything about channel except for the “plain” long linear metal so the notched in both the wedding band paired with the Sholdt and Mark’s asscher eternity fit the bill perfectly for me more contemporary modern feel ; durable, carefree maintenance, simple, and understated.

asscherj1.jpg

asshcerj2.jpg

dscn0178.jpg

dscn0183.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: GoG, Asscher, Eternity Band Mark Broumand OEC 3 stone DK

and the rest of the pictures. still my pictures do not do any of these pieces justice :sick:

dscn0190.jpg

dscn0253.jpg

dscn0254.jpg

_11658.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome back :appl: Love all your new pieces..just simply beautiful!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Love all your pieces!! I feel like I was missing out when you were active on PS the first time around...these pieces are heirloom quality and very well made. Very modern and classy all at the same time. Your daughters will be lucky to wear them someday.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love all of you pieces, but your 3 stone is amazing. The tab/prongs are so unique. Really love that look.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

WOW!!!! Such gorgeous pieces. Thanks for sharing. I love Sholdt :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome back - you have been missed!

Wow - look at all your new pretties! They are all gorgeous but I do love your new wedding band with the Sholdt ering - just the perfect compliment to that ring!

Your pieces are all beautiful - thanks so much for sharing them and your stories. You've been a busy girl!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you so much for sharing that! As someone who is currently trying to figure out what pieces to "settle down" with, I found your post incredibly helpful. Loooove your asscher Sholdt ering! And every other piece as well. :love:

canadagirl

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much for posting both the pics and the information about your 'journey'! i thought I was the only one who was still 'searching' and who has had multiple wedding bands!!! All of your choices are beautiful - but love the profile of the three stone particularly!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Welcome back D&T! You and your gorgeous bling have been missed! I adore your 3 stone!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome back!!! :wavey:

Wow, your asscher in the Sholdt ring is just gorgeous! I adore the 3 stone with sapphires...(I need one of those)!!! Oh, and the asscher band is incredible! :love: :love: :love: Everything is beautiful and thank you for coming back and updating us!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamondrnglover- Hey there! Thank you! How have you been and has the year been treating you well? What a beautiful ring you have for your avatar do tell me more, Gorgeous color!

Pandabee- well hello there! Nah, you didn’t miss much,,, although I did do A LOT of resetting…lol. Thank you for your the kind words, I’m more into the contemporary chunky design which will someday be pretty dated  (if not already…haha) but I’m enjoying them now.

Derbygal- thank you so much! The tabs are a fun architectural feature to my “traditional three stone” and I’m ok with “meaty prongs”  as my design element it’s a fun ring and my girls dig it for now.

Jereni – Sholdt is my all time favorite designer, their pieces are sure fluid and buttery smooth Yum! Thanks!

MissGotRocks! I’ve missed you and think of so many on here often Thank you sweetie! Its been a crazy year for sure!

GemFever- aww I hope you figure out what you want to settle down with. Its been an exhausting although exciting year but I’m glad that my collection is narrowed down. My Box is depleted but I’ve accumulated pieces that gets worn daily that also reflect me and my on the go lifestyle. I love love your earrings that is your avatar, its gorgeous!

I’ll just let the kiddos do the resetting when the pieces become theirs and the asscher band eventually I may split up the diamonds evenly for them in the future…

Canadagirl- Welcome to PS I hope you have had a wonderful and positive experience thus far. Its hard to find that “right” piece for whatever reason, I totally get you!. I’ve gone 360 at least a few times. I’ve done RBs, ECs, princess, asscher, trillions, Ovals, OEC back to RBs… lol I’ve known that I loved the Round shape and Squarish shape with a twist. So finding the right combo was hard hence the two rings (Three stone and Asscher Solitaire) I love the asscher step cuts so much that whenever I don’t wear the solitaire, I still wanted to have an asscher on at all times so I get to have that with asscher eternity band Thank you! The three stone is from WF’s Butterfly setting inspiration.

Yenny! How are you doing??!! Goodness its been a while but it still feels like I just picked right back up where I left off today…lol I still see your gorgeous Singlestone piece as your avatar… man that takes the cake! All my pieces pale in comparison. Thank you for stopping in. I’ve missed so many of you, and hope to contribute more in as I get myself back into the swing of things and get back to normal one day have some personal things to get in order, but all good here.

DS- Thank you hey I've missed you!!!! I see you have a new AMAZING AVR??!!!! HOLY Smoke DS! That is Awesome!!! are you just in Heaven? :love:

You all are so sweet, I sure miss it here  thank you!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome back, D&T! I love your pieces, every single one. I have a blue sapphire ring on my wish list. Your three stone is gorgeous!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great to see you again! Your jewels are all beautiful, but I especially love that Sholdt + asscher!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

D&T I can't tell you how many times I admired your previous Sholdt MRB ring and the asscher seven stone.

I have a EC set e-w in the Sholdt semi-bezel, love step-cut stones in Sholdt.
After I had my EC ring made I saw that J asscher and actually had a deposit on it! I was looking for an asscher for the center in a three stone ring.
I ended up not going thru with the project, for now, and then I saw the ring on GOG's FB page and my heart skipped a beat!!!

Gorgeous diamond and perfect setting, if I do say so myself :appl:

I was also stalking the Mark Broumand band :))

Love your OEC three stone as well and the design of your pendant:lickout:

Nice to have you back on PS!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All your pieces are so unique and gorgeous. :love: :love: :love: I love the step cuts. Amazing collection!! Thanks for sharing your thought process on it all.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Wow!

Thank you for sharing... I recognise the name D&T; i am sure you started the guys ring folder. The first ring you posted on there was my inspiration ring. So, for that i thank you.
Lovely collection!
the asscher eternity.. hmmm oh my! I have always toyed with teh idea that i have the assccher solitaire with the asscher eternity. Unfortunately, here in AUS, there are not many BnM stores or jewellers have an Asscher eternity for me to see against my asscher solitaire. SOOOOO..... do you think you can humour me by taking a photo of the asscher solitaire and the asscher eternity for me???
:naughty: :naughty:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi, all of your rings are timeless, elegant and beautiful. Your asscher band is a new favourite of mine - congrats!!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome back D&T! I've always loved new posts from you to see what gorgeous new bling you have acquired, and my, haven't you been busy?! :bigsmile: Love love love it all, especially your asscher eternity, YUM! :lickout:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Luv2sparkle – well hello there friend! I’ve missed you! You are always so kind and comforting, hmmm lets get working on the sapphire ring ehh? ! :naughty:

Laila619- I there sweetie! Thank you for stopping it to say Hi, :wavey: I’ve missed seeing you as well. I’m super glad that I “cleaned house”with my jewelry box and keeping it as simple as I can, I’ve been on a super spring cleaning mode all year with my own house as well and selling/giving away things.

Woofmama- Hey hey my friend! You are so darling.. I’ve missed you! Awww why thank you for saving that J for me  I actually had Jon shoot the J and K video for me at one point and held onto the K then backed. Yay for sholdt! You are my twinner then ehh??? I love that you chose EW! Scrumptious!... :lickout:
As for the Mark Broumand band… hmmm I think you should get one too! :love:

LLJsmom - Thank you for stopping in, its very nice to meet you and I see a gorgeous piece in your Avatar as well, and boy have I missed out lots of new Bling… gotta go check out the SMTB folder 

Gregchang35- why thank you! I’m sure glad that folder helped you, it was fun to start and I’m so glad to see its still going  and as requested, here is a shot with both solitaire and band, I do think it’s a bit much for me or too much “steps” altogether for me personally but I still think its beautiful nonetheless… I like to offset cuts with other cuts so as you can see the OEC and eternity band is some blingy set…. Hmmm I wear this on rare occasion when the need for more bling is in order . by the way on a side note, I’ve been addicted to house hunters international and have seen a few in AUS and boy that is a country I’d like to stop by and visit someday… Beautiful!

Arkieb1- thank you for your lovely comments, I’m loving the eternity band just what was needed to finish off the collection

DandiAndi! Aww thank you for the warm welcome back ! oooh look at your avatar,, what an adorable cutiepie you have there… I just want to pinch those cheek! And smoother them with kisses :bigsmile:

dscn0257.jpg

dscn0258.jpg

dscn0259.jpg

_11677.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

woofmama|1383713251|3551409 said:
D&T I can't tell you how many times I admired your previous Sholdt MRB ring and the asscher seven stone.

I have a EC set e-w in the Sholdt semi-bezel, love step-cut stones in Sholdt.
After I had my EC ring made I saw that J asscher and actually had a deposit on it! I was looking for an asscher for the center in a three stone ring.
I ended up not going thru with the project, for now, and then I saw the ring on GOG's FB page and my heart skipped a beat!!!

Gorgeous diamond and perfect setting, if I do say so myself :appl:

I was also stalking the Mark Broumand band :))

Love your OEC three stone as well and the design of your pendant:lickout:

Nice to have you back on PS!

By the way Woofmama- speaking of three stone ECs or Step cut, I found this on google a bit ago, and I absolutely love it, thought I was going to do a three stone with the Asscher, but in the end I just wanted a simple solitaire and an eternity band. but this was just gorgeous not to share :love: Thought you might enjoy it as well :naughty:

threestoneec.jpg

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock

Fantastic collection, D&T! Love your Sholdt asscher ering and asscher band! SO glad to have you back :wavey:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous collection. That asscher band, oh my! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

You have a wonderful collection. Well curated!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Hi DnT,

Thank you for entertaining me on that. it is 2.7 total weight for hte asscher eternity. what does that translate to in terms of each diamond. are they 20 pointers??? the jeweller that i have been wroking with on the solitaire sufgested that we go with a 12 pointer. so, i am trying to gauge whehter it will be smaller or bigger against your asscher eternity.

I love how both eternities work well together.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful collection :love:
Thanks for sharing!
I especially adore your Asscher solitaire and the step cut band. Simply stunning!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much! Snicklefritz, AnnaH and Rosebloom and Acinom

Greg- they come to about 12.5points each. I'm not sure if you plan on putting the asschers into a channel type setting like mine, but just remember the metal on the outside adds to the visual size, if it was only in prongs, then I think the overall width would be more likely around 3.3-3.5mm possibly... Mark Broumand also shaved down the inside to 2mm and since asschers are so deep that would be the least in depth you can go without hitting the culets, which I can touch since its very open inside. Hope that helps! I hope to see your project come to life soon :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

I am planning on a channel setting sitting flush with the solitaire. The band width of my solitaire in the avatar is 5mm. Thanks for the tip about the outside metal widths playing a role in the overall dimensions.

The eternity will house carre and not asschers, as asschers in that size are hard to come by in AUS. i suspect that carre will also be similar in depth. i know i can get them done in the US with asschers, but that means i have to surrender the solitaire so that they can match fit the eternity to it. :(( :nono: :nono:

here's hoping that something can come of this project... i have a few in my mind at the moment.... :cheeky: :cheeky:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yay! I'm so happy to see you back! I have thought before about taking time off and thinking about what projects I really really want, but I always get sucked back in - I'm so glad to see it worked for you.

Love everything, but especially that asscher band. It's delicious and I want to eat it. :naughty:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

D n t.

Can u pls do me one more favour- take a profile shot of the asscher eternity and a view of the undersurface- I just want to see how thin- height wise it looks and where the culet is in relation to ring finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results