shape
carat
color
clarity

Goblins help )))

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
08CA7492-B444-4399-B57A-2FBCB6FE9492.jpeg so these are my old earrings with Mahenge spinels.
I did not invest much in settings, recently changed the hoops for something sold at Costco. And one day, I lost them while talking on the phone. These were bad, shocking, news about the person unknown to me. But as I was asking about the gory details, I felt the earring as the phone was held at that ear. When I finished the conversation, the earring was gone.

Surreal feeling. I was looking for it for two days. Nothing. I even remembered someone on PS who has “the second sense” about stones. Myself, I am good only at losing stones, not at finding them.

Long story short, a Russian writer with interesting gem- related FB posted something. I asked her what to do, and she said, probably half-jokingly, “ask the goblin”.

Russians and Ukrainians are full of superstition. Our goblins, or brownies, live behind furnaces, hide, and are friendly but mischievous. One is supposed to leave a piece of bread or milk for them as the token of friendship.

So I decided that half-eaten pizzas and coke that my kid leaves everywhere would be enough for a US-born goblin ))). But what if my goblin is a she? Then the chance is slim.

Anyhow, I asked the creature, “be a man, give it back”... et voila! Found!

Now I am wondering if maybe resetting them would be a good idea. I have two heart-shaped spinels, both red but slightly different hues, exactly the same shapes. Thoughts?

They are not cleaned because we went to celebrate at Applebee’s. CDDBAB79-EA79-4AAA-AC02-532D991C1AF9.jpeg )))

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous, Ark!

I see no reason to reset unless you’re considering a more secure setting that won’t accidentally fall off your ears.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I dream of Mahenge earrings, and yours are absolutely stunning! Congrats on finding the missing one. I know you must have been devastated.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings, so glad your goblin returned them! :P2 I wouldn't want to lose them again, so I'd reset them. But I don't have my ears pierced, so I cannot say what kind of setting would ensure they don't fall off.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your support!

We had a long day celebrating. :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We call them sock gnomes in our house, the gnomes that mysteriously take all the socks :)

In any case I'm glad you found them, the spinels are beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Goblins must love you, because you have the most amazing gem and jewelry collection!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are very luscious and beautiful! Must be great fun to wear those!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous as is. I would only change the setting if you were going for a more casual look.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your support! We really had a great day celebrating!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
08CA7492-B444-4399-B57A-2FBCB6FE9492.jpeg so these are my old earrings with Mahenge spinels.
I did not invest much in settings, recently changed the hoops for something sold at Costco. And one day, I lost them while talking on the phone. These were bad, shocking, news about the person unknown to me. But as I was asking about the gory details, I felt the earring as the phone was held at that ear. When I finished the conversation, the earring was gone.

Surreal feeling. I was looking for it for two days. Nothing. I even remembered someone on PS who has “the second sense” about stones. Myself, I am good only at losing stones, not at finding them.

Long story short, a Russian writer with interesting gem- related FB posted something. I asked her what to do, and she said, probably half-jokingly, “ask the goblin”.

Russians and Ukrainians are full of superstition. Our goblins, or brownies, live behind furnaces, hide, and are friendly but mischievous. One is supposed to leave a piece of bread or milk for them as the token of friendship.

So I decided that half-eaten pizzas and coke that my kid leaves everywhere would be enough for a US-born goblin ))). But what if my goblin is a she? Then the chance is slim.

Anyhow, I asked the creature, “be a man, give it back”... et voila! Found!

Now I am wondering if maybe resetting them would be a good idea. I have two heart-shaped spinels, both red but slightly different hues, exactly the same shapes. Thoughts?

They are not cleaned because we went to celebrate at Applebee’s. CDDBAB79-EA79-4AAA-AC02-532D991C1AF9.jpeg )))

These are stunning. That color is amazing. :love: So relieved you found the missing stone.

Are they secure as is? I would ask you before you reset them would you love and wear them more if you did? And if so then yes go ahead but what don't you like about these as they are now? Before you spend money on resetting make sure that would be the game changer that would allow you to love and enjoy these as much as possible. That color is :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings, glad they turned up! I had no idea we had goblins, I grew up in Russia too! What are goblins in Russian?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are stunning. That color is amazing. :love: So relieved you found the missing stone.

Are they secure as is? I would ask you before you reset them would you love and wear them more if you did? And if so then yes go ahead but what don't you like about these as they are now? Before you spend money on resetting make sure that would be the game changer that would allow you to love and enjoy these as much as possible. That color is :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you, @missy!

I like them, and resetting costs money, it is just the jackets are always unstable. No matter what I buy. But you are right in that maybe invest in a nice pair of yellow diamond earrings would be better.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings, glad they turned up! I had no idea we had goblins, I grew up in Russia too! What are goblins in Russian?

Домовые

As it says in the poem by Nikolai Gumilev,

“Что там? Будто шёпот домового?
Там живет он, маленький и лысый...»

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, that totally makes sense! Goblins just make me think of Harry Potter rather then домовые.

Домовые

As it says in the poem by Nikolai Gumilev,

“Что там? Будто шёпот домового?
Там живет он, маленький и лысый...»

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that totally makes sense! Goblins just make me think of Harry Potter rather then домовые.

I would have used “sock gnomes”, but once I heard someone say, “pant gnomes”, so, no ;(

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely no pant gnomes!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful. I'm so glad you found the missing one! Personally I wouldn't reset them because I love them as is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results