shape
carat
color
clarity

Glamira - opinions

razzia

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody. I wanted to ask you for some things that are bugging me, as I'm searching recently a new ring, namely eternity ring in white gold. I haven't found thread on Glamira, so if I'm repeating the topic, please redirect me ;-)
I live in central Europe so I can't really buy from the sites you reccomend (or maybe I can - but taxes would kill me). Anyway, I've been looking for a full eternity, white gold 14K, round channel setting or princess cut. The prices in my local market vary, naturally, depending if this is a very popular, big chain jewellery store or some local one, and of course depending on diamond quality. But prices are relatively close to each other. And then I came upon Glamira and I am disturbed by their low prices for high quality diamonds. Does any of you know this store (based in Germany, so sounds credible;-) ), bought there or knows why the prices are so low? Eg. this ring: https://www.glamira.co.uk/glamira-ring-kendra.html - stones VVS, excellent cut, and the price is like 40% lower than for similar ring in my local market. This is the only site that ship to my country with such low prices. I'm disturbed - how come?
I will be grateful for any hints. I don't have much expertise in this subject.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously there are a lot of variables. The ring you posted has .03 ctw stones. That price seems reasonable.

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
those stones are very, very small. Are you comparing rings from local stores with the same size stones?

razzia

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for your answers! I'm not sure I read this page well then..
I compare the total carat weight (here it would be 0.74 ct in total - it shows on the left table - it shows the ring is 3.5 mm wide and each stone is 1.9 mm in diameter, there would be about 28 of them). Customer photo at the bottom of the page shows quite chunky ring, in my opinion (in comparison eg. with popular in many countries wedding bands like Cartier Ballerine which is only 2.4 mm wide and has just 0.38 carat weight). VS version costs £1,081.00 (and in my country eternity rings with total carat weight of 0.6 and si/h are more expensive than that). So i just wonder, but now that you asked, I'm not sure any more... I think, according to the table, each single diamond is 0.03 ct, not all of them together, and tcw is 0.74. I found elsewhere (source: Padani) eterninity ring with 0.03 ct each diamond, and this is more less what I would expect from this model from Glamira.
Sorry for all these questions :D

Attachments

• 0.03 ct each.JPG
    0.03 ct each.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Blue Nile? They have a list of European countries they ship to and their prices include VAT. There’s also a sale on so some of their rings have a discount right now.

razzia

Rough_Rock
Have you looked at Blue Nile? They have a list of European countries they ship to and their prices include VAT. There’s also a sale on so some of their rings have a discount right now.

Thanks, I didn't know they ship to different countries :) Unfortunately all available for my country models are pave settings which I aleardy have and it's so uncomfortable to wear, that's why I look for channel setting.
But loose diamonds are very good-priced, I can't believe for ready products with weak parameters people pay much more money :o

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I didn't know they ship to different countries :) Unfortunately all available for my country models are pave settings which I aleardy have and it's so uncomfortable to wear, that's why I look for channel setting.
But loose diamonds are very good-priced, I can't believe for ready products with weak parameters people pay much more money :o

That’s a shame! How about U.K. based retailers? This one ships to the EU,

razzia

Rough_Rock
That’s a shame! How about U.K. based retailers? This one ships to the EU,

Thanks! This is really an eye opener. I never though I could buy jewelry outside my country. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results