shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle Thickness

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fil

Rough_Rock
I too want to thank you all for all the help that this site has give me. Finding a diamond would have been a lot more difficult and I would have felt a lot less comfortable with my purchase if it weren't for this site.

I do still have one question. I FINALLY made the decision regarding which of 4 stones to buy, and it comes to my attention that the girdle may be too thin. (grrrr) I've attached the Girdle thickness plot from the Sarin report (assuming the upload worked). This diamond goes down to 0.5 where the others that I'm choosing from have a minimum of 0.8. Is 0.5 still okay? Is the problem limited to the jeweler chipping the stone, or does it also increase the chance of chipping while wearing the stone?

Just in case it's important:

Pav angle is 40.8
Crown angle: 34.3

131342-s-girdle.2.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A diamond with those very good angles is not a likely candidate for any serious girdle chiping unless the girdle is knife-edged (even thinner). You can damage any diamond, even one with a thick girdle. They are gems, not tools, so one needs to wear them as something valuable and take them of when doing harsh work.

Buying insurance will cover accidental damage. It is a good idea to get this coverage as we have surely seen some very careful people who have chipped their stone by accident. It is not commonplace, but it does happen.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results