shape
carat
color
clarity

girdle, how important? Opinions on diamond too please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vanbar6

Rough_Rock
Hello again! I'm looking for info on two things.

1) How important is the girdle in a marquis? We are quite close to making a decision on a diamond. I don't know if I am nitpicking with this one diamond. EVERYTHING about the diamond is great except the girdle which seems to be pretty bad (extremely thin to slightly thick, faceted. I have heard that if the girdle is too thin you risk chipping if it should take a hit, especially near the prongs. This is definitely within the realm of possibility due to the line of work (law enforcement). This is a very nice diamond but I'm hesitant due to the girdle. Specs are below.

2) The second question is a call for opinions on a fair price range for the following diamond:

GIA cert
Marquis
11.81x6.45x4.04 (translates to 1.83)
1.75ct
Depth 62.6%
Table 60%
Girdle Extremely thin to slightly thick, faceted
Cutlet none
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Clarity VVS2
Color D
Flouresence none

As I said, I know this is a very nice diamond, basiccally just looking for low and high retail and how that extremely thin girdle will hold up under duress.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results