shape
carat
color
clarity

Girdle Diameter? Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leavesofgrass

Rough_Rock
I am trying to narrow my search for the rock of her dreams and I come to the question of the girdle diameter or width of a diamond. With measurements of 6.46 x 6.57 x 4.03 would this diameter spread be too much for this 1.05ct diamond. If so what is acceptable so I don''t pick out a flat tire for a diamond?

thanks all

walt

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
6.46 x 6.57 is pretty out of round. Other than that, diameter alone will not tell you if a diamond is a "flat tire". Read the tutorial on this site, and learn about crown and pavilion angles and depths and table widths. The total diameter of the diamond, even if appropriate for it's weight, is not enough information by which to judge quality of cut and therefore quality of the stone.

If you go to the "pricescope" section of this site and search for H&A or AGS0 diamonds of this size (or any size) it will give you an idea of the range appropriate for weight in a good stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results