shape
carat
color
clarity

Gift ideas for BIL''s new GF???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for the gift ideas!

BIL is NO help with gift suggestions and I don''t want to spend too much either, because I don''t really know her and I''m not sure how long she''ll be around! I know the latter sounds bad, but they began dating right(and I mean right) after he broke up with his previous live in girlfriend of 6 years.

I am still really baffled as to which way to go for a gift!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the coffee mug idea. It feels a bit safer. Or the movie gift card.

Can your BIL not think of a single DVD, CD, or book that she might like?

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I would get her a nice bottle of wine and two wine glasses or the wine and maybe some homemade cookies.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:10:12 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Date: 12/2/2008 7:39:09 PM

Author: blondebunny

I think I might be the odd one.. but why are you ''obligated'' to buy her a christmas present?? Did he say you need to buy her one?? it could go either way... if you dont she could feel left out... but what if u do.. and then she didnt think to buy you anything (not saying she has to)?? She might feel really bad and might cause an awkward moment ya know??

I dont think a planner or scarf is a good idea honestly... I think they feel as if they are a last minute throw something together kinda thing with no thought..

I think the easiest thing to do is a giftcard to somewhere that her and you BIL can enjoy together.. or a giftcard to a spa or something ya know?? Maybe you could do the spa and write a nice note that says you hope ya''ll can go together and get to know her better...

Also-- I dont know if the Starbucks is a great idea.. because I am one personally who doesnt drink anything from there.. and neither does my FI... unless obviously u know she loves it! :)

---I dont mean to offend anyone either with what i have said.. its just my own personal reasonings behind things.! :)
She did state that this girl wasn''t ''girly-girly''....and there is a budget constriction...those, IMO, don''t equal a ''spa'' gift.

Spas get expensive quickly...and body buffs, polish, and facials tend to be ''girly'' stuff....

Sorry I meant spa as in getting her a manicure or pedicure or something fun like that.. that cant be that much...u dont have to be a girly girly to get your feet scrubbed :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results